• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Feebas.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
    If that's true then...that means that XY probably has had contest stats in it's coding, or there'll be no way that'll be possible. Somehow this was overlooked...

I guess during Gen 3 and 4, contest stats became a standard part of a Pokémon's data structure. I don't think them still being present in X&Y is because someone overlooked something, they revise and rearrange the data structure each generation, so if the contest stats are still there, it can only be intentional on their part. I guess Feebas using them to evolve was a big reason for this.

You've got to admire Game Freak's efforts to keep evolutions consistent :) .

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I guess during Gen 3 and 4, contest stats became a standard part of a Pokémon's data structure. I don't think them still being present in X&Y is because someone overlooked something, they revise and rearrange the data structure each generation, so if the contest stats are still there, it can only be intentional on their part. I guess Feebas using them to evolve was a big reason for this.

You've got to admire Game Freak's efforts to keep evolutions consistent :) .
    I meant on the part of hackers digging the game for code...that would've been a nice clue for us about remakes...for us who were pulling straws (in the end those straws became gold).

Years
    I think they could retain the Prism Scale evolution method, but I what I really want them to focus on is to make Feebas easier to fish up. The old fishing method involving specific tiles was like so hard to crack down, and hence why I never got to get that Feebas.

Still, I'm hoping I can catch a Feebas more easily than in the original games.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I think they could retain the Prism Scale evolution method, but I what I really want them to focus on is to make Feebas easier to fish up. The old fishing method involving specific tiles was like so hard to crack down, and hence why I never got to get that Feebas.

Still, I'm hoping I can catch a Feebas more easily than in the original games.

Prism Scale evolution and Beauty both together as two methods would also be good, for those who have friends playing the game it's easier, but for others they need to grow a lot of berries XD. tbh Feebas should have more tiles and 100% encounter rate in that tile to work out.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    As for the evolution do you think the Prism Scale will be included? Back then the only method to evolve Feebas into Milotic was via Beauty, however since Gen V the Prism Scale has been introduced.

Very true about the Prism Scale. I doubt that method will be removed (since you can trade between games and therefore XY), but since it seems the Beauty method hasn't been completely foregone either...I hope that in ORAS, there are no Prism Scales. You can receive them from XY, and they still work, but I don't want the game to include them so that an emphasis is placed on Contest stats. This is a purely personal desire but I feel it would help make the game feel more like the originals while still offering the new method of evolution.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Very true about the Prism Scale. I doubt that method will be removed (since you can trade between games and therefore XY), but since it seems the Beauty method hasn't been completely foregone either...I hope that in ORAS, there are no Prism Scales. You can receive them from XY, and they still work, but I don't want the game to include them so that an emphasis is placed on Contest stats. This is a purely personal desire but I feel it would help make the game feel more like the originals while still offering the new method of evolution.

Yeah, the Prism Scale is not considered an orthodox evolutionary method, and it's only there to replace an unused mechanic. It should be forgotten, but still there in the coding and things so a Feebas traded from X&Y would evolve. It's a nice balance to the equation.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    They should definitely retain both the rarity of Feebas and its evolution method. It adds appeal and a sense of mystery and wonder about Feebas and especially Milotic, I think. d:

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    I honestly have no stance on this. :p I never tried to catch a Feebas. So if they ever retain the rarity of Feebas, then I don't think it's going to affect me much. I guess it would be nice for a more common Feebas, that way I can actually use one if ever I ditch my planned Azumarill (which isn't likely to happen lol)

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    They probably won't as they made Febass extremely simple to get in 5th gen (Just fish in Route 1 iirc).

Controversy

Drink The Kool-Aid
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2015
    I personally think Feebas should just continue to evolve via the Prism Scale.
    Maybe they could have a NPC reward you something for showing him a max Beauty Feebas / Milotic as a reference back to the Gen 3 games

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    Maybe they could have a NPC reward you something for showing him a max Beauty Feebas / Milotic as a reference back to the Gen 3 games

If I recall, someone at Bulbagarden tried it out by transferring a max-beauty Feebas to XY. A Feebas with a high beauty will still evolve.

Bulbapedia said:
    Although Contest conditions are a hidden stat in Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen, Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver, Pokémon Black and White, and Pokémon X and Y, a Feebas that has maximum Beauty will still evolve in these games.

Clearly you didn't go through the thread first. But now I have Bulbapedia to support. They haven't removed the beauty evolution method yet, and I hope they never will. P:

However, I believe they will continue with the Prism Scale method to evolve. I mean, not everybody can make good Pokeblocks. Because of that, they'll have some trouble with evolving.

Plus, it's already an evolution method. I don't think they'll go and remove it. ;)

Years
    Removing it would cause unneeded confusion. I think they'll stick with the previous methods, as well as the mechanic used in the original games to catch Feebas. It gave Milotic an expensive and rare quality that was uncommon in previous games. As a full remake, it would be odd to terminate one of RSE's most unique components. Plus, the excruciating process to get a Milotic made finally acquiring one that much sweeter!

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    Catching a Feebass was fun for me back in the day. EVOLVING it was impossible.

Keep Febass rare.... just put up warning signs *HERE IS FEBASs, HARD TO FIND*

Years
    I don't really care what happens to Feebas.
    I hope they'll stick with the original games' mechanics, though.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Catching a Feebass was fun for me back in the day. EVOLVING it was impossible.

Keep Febass rare.... just put up warning signs *HERE IS FEBASs, HARD TO FIND*

Imagine if a trainer goes and fishes a Feebas and runs away, thinking it's common like Magikarp... maybe they should introduce a Feebas hunter: somebody who'll tell you tips for catching a Feebas and give you something nice if you show him one.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
    back when I was playing RSE I never cared enough about pokemon to collect all the pokemon. in RSE after the E4 i just remember battling people in secret bases, nothing else.
    I never really cared for feebas tho. i know one night my brother got lucky and found the spot, and caught a lot and he was nice enough to give me one.

tbh i kinda hope they keep it the same, just so i can give it a shot. like i mean, if you really want a feebas so bad you cna just trade one over from X&Y yea? so I don't see why they should make it easier to get one in the wild in ORAS b/cos if you get that desperate you can just trade one over

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    I think that they'll definitely make it more easier to catch. It's become much more known since it was back then. I can see them changing it completely, or just re-using the mechanics from D/P/Pt or R/S/E.

I really liked this Pokémon due to its rarity though. Really. And its evolution... I can't wait to use it in these games. For all we know they could make it harder to catch, but I really doubt it lol. They will probably make it easier bc everyone wants it <3

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I hope they keep it rare. While it was a hassle to find it was also fun, it gave me a lot of Hours on my total time (ever since it's reached it's peak...). Only this time I'll save the game before trying to evolve it using the old fashion way...

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2022
    Feebas shouldn't keep the ridiculous method of finding one that was in the originals, make it so it only shows up on rippling water or something (is that still a thing in X & Y I don't even know)

Also the method for evolving it was unique and I used to love the idea of it but it really was so much effort to evolve a pokemon that never felt as rewarding as the amount of effort it required, the Prisim Scale method is much better in my opinion. I also don't see it changing from the Prisim Scale method in AS/OR.

Back