• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Feebas

Years
    Feebas

Feebas is the little brown fish that is somewhat very difficult to find, being found on Route 119 while confined to six specific tiles that change based on the trendy saying in Dewford Town. Due to these mechanics, Feebas was incredibly difficult to obtain and even evolving the little fish into a beautiful Milotic was a challenge in itself, requiring you to max out its Beauty condition so you even had to hope you got the best quality Pokeblocks available.

Were you ever able to catch Feebas and if so, did you evolve it into Milotic? Would you be interested in seeing more Pokemon with evolution methods similar to Feebas?

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2016
    I actually really enjoy feebas fishing, and I always do it when I play through ruby/sapphire. A lot of online guides will tell you to fish in a spot 3-5 times, but you really only need to fish in each spot once. I always fish in the area closer to fortree where you can find a leaf stone, and do one encounter per tile there. In the very rare case where I don't find a feebas tile doing that, I reset the tiles at dewford and try again. Every time I've had to reset it, I've found it on the second attempt. It helps to use the old rod.

That being said, I really hate Milotic because of the Battle Tower. Milotic and Registeel are stupidly cheap at the battle tower, and are probably the ones to end your challenge for dumb reasons like Attract and Double team. At least Milotic looks good on Cynthia's team in Platinum. >__>

Sirfetch’d

I caught a bunch but at the time I had no idea what they did. I trained one to lv 100 waiting for it to evolve and it never did :( I finally googled how and got myself a beautiful Milotic :3

IAmVincentLiu

Poké Fan
    Years
    Oh god, I really don't have the patience to actually fish for Feebas. Fishing is annoying enough for me, let alone fishing a gazillion times.

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    i've never actually bothered gotten to use a Feebas or Milotic myself, but i've always wanted to try! i remember a friend of mine being so happy when he found one of the Feebas fishing spots, so it kinda seems like a nice challenge. the spots supposedly change when the Dewford Saying does, right? does that mean if you put the saying yourself, you can predict where the spots will be based on which saying it is? probably not, huh.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
    I never had the patience to try and find one. I think it's a really interesting and cool concept - not just catching Feebas in the first place, but its method of evolution as well. Part of me is sad because I've never experienced the gruelling search for a Feebas and then gruelling quest to evolve it, but then the other part of me doesn't really care haha. I'd like to get one and evolve it the hard way just for fun one day though :P

does that mean if you put the saying yourself, you can predict where the spots will be based on which saying it is? probably not, huh.

I could be wrong, but I'm fairly sure it's just that the spots change to another set of random spots whenever the saying is changed. The phrase itself doesn't determine where exactly the spots are.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
    Haha hahah hahahahha
    No just No for me i actually tried and it drove me crazy trying to get that poke
    I just wanted a milotic its so pretty and beautiful but it was obv not meant to be haha
    Although milotic was powerful in 3rd gen its so weak in the current gen so i couldn't see it being worth it and i have 0 patience to find one haha

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
    I find Milotic a really cool Pokémon and Pike Queen Lucy's really annoyed me in Emerald. Yet I didn't like it enough to put much effort in it to catch it, but my brother has no life found a Feebas a while back and I think relatively quickly too. He has to trade one to me, so I can finally get a Milotic. Yeah, I'm lazy sometimes.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2022
    I never had the patience to find Feebas, but even if I did, I wouldn't be able to evolve it..... I don't have any of the berries that makes the pokeblocks that make beauty go up.

Years
    I have never been a fan of the feebas line!I always prefer lapras to milotic!
    Also i never knew the feebas catch was dependent on the trendy saying in dewford town!

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I tried and tried, but never found the lil bugger. I wanted a Milotic so badly, but got one through a trade in the next gen.

Flannery Lue

Soul Sister
    Years
    Yup. Every time I play one of the Pokémon games, I make an effort to complete the Pokédex.
    In the beginning however; during the Gym Challenge, and Elite Four, I just focus on Fire Types.

Feebas was a right pain in the rear end to catch. When I eventually managed to get one, I goofed up the Pokéblocks. I had to get another one, because there's a limit on how many Pokéblocks a Pokémon may consume. But even through all that trouble, I'd still love to see more Pokémon with a similar evolution requirement. I know that Chancy is somewhat similar, as you need to make it's happiness maxed out to evolve it into Blissy. Same with the baby Pokémon.

But again... I really don't like the direction Pokémon has gone in. Like, the Sinnoh Region was perfectly fine, but then Unovia just felt like Game Freak was grasping at straws. As long as they don't make Pokémon like what we saw in Unovia, and Kalos then I'm happy to see new Pokémon in the future. That, and nothing like the Super-Saiyan wannabe thing called "Mega Evolution"... ._.

Last edited:

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Feebas was a pain to hunt. But an old friend has the right phrase for catching Feebas, after mixing records with him and capturing, I have a Feebas in my Pokémon Box! :)

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    During the times when I played Emerald I had little access to the internet, which meant I was on my own for the most part. I never knew Feebas ever existed, because it's easy to miss and I don't recall any trainer using one either. Already had a water-type by the time I reached the route anyway so I wouldn't really care much, even though I love Milotic.

Back