• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Feebas?

ck1109

Mew Rules!
Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2009
    That is not true. The only time the phrase changes is if you do it manually, or you mix records with a different cart.

Again, it doesn't change. If you have been hunting for days, then you probably aren't hunting properly. If you started at one end of the route, I suggest now to start at the other end. Go to first tile and fish FIVE times, using the Good Rod. Put a Poke in the first slot that you want to EV train in Atk because all you will ever see (unless you come across Feebas) is Carvanha. After five tries, go to the next tile and repeat. Make sure not to skip ANY tiles. If you think you have, fish in there again. It is always better to hit the same tile twice than skip one that very well might be one of the tiles Feebas appears.

well i cant mix records cause i havent got a link cable and it changed. no im not spamming.
    it probably changes after a long time

Years
  • I found a Feebas by spending about half an hour just surfing around in the water. Eventually I found it. That was on Pokemon Ruby, which I later lost before I could evolve it :(

Chaotix

Love to test
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2020
    i found a feebas within 5 mins, it was in the first square possible, i just had to fish there a few times.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • But is it neccesary to make a popular phrase ?? If the popular phrase is the default one...No matter, there will be Feebas anyway, right ??

Yes, there's no obligation. There will always be a default random combination of words as the popular phrase, and there will always be Feebas in the water whether you change it or not.

And ck1109,

It won't change after a long time. The internal clock has nothing to do with the phrase OR the location of Feebas, so it will never ever change. But if it does... well, I'd be more worried about computers taking another step towards dominating the world than I would be worried about catching a Feebas. So... no change. Maybe you changed it one day and don't remember, or started the game over?

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Yes, there's no obligation. There will always be a default random combination of words as the popular phrase, and there will always be Feebas in the water whether you change it or not.

And ck1109,

It won't change after a long time. The internal clock has nothing to do with the phrase OR the location of Feebas, so it will never ever change. But if it does... well, I'd be more worried about computers taking another step towards dominating the world than I would be worried about catching a Feebas. So... no change. Maybe you changed it one day and don't remember, or started the game over?

Actually, I do believe that the game changes the phrase at some point (Perhaps league victory or something else?) because I had my trend set as Beat Up Children, but the next time I checked it was something lame like Interesting Education. xP But yeah, unless my game is somehow involved in this big machine revolt then there is something that triggers a change of trend other than just record mixing (because I hadn't done that). It only seems to be once a game, though. Maybe it's at the same time that the Sludge Bomb fan appears?

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2007
    Patience is your best friend to find Feebas.Believe me is worth it after you only need 600,000 experience points to get him in 100.I think Milotic is the fastest growing Pokemon ever.

ck1109

Mew Rules!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2009
    maybe my lil bro changed it. the game im playin now is the only game i had ever caught a feebas. sorry for any trouble

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2007
    febas is indeed very hard to find. i found him on Sapphire some time ago, and havent caught another one since. On the begining of rotue 119 (the end closest to mauvile), there is a river starting there. next to it is a house with lots of winguls in it and outside that house there is a guy saying something about FLY. on the opposite side of the river is a fisher guy, who battles u. He has a feebas, and if u read closely to wat he says before he battles u for the first time, he says, "i caught these pokemon while surfing using GOOD ROD" or something like that. so i take this advice and use a good rod in that area of the water while surfing. eventully (after a long time) it appeared, i caught it using my very last pokeball (i didnt realise i was running low). i hope that helps. im sure it appears in other places in the same ruote thou. As far as i know, that phrase in dewford has absolutly nothing to do with it, nor does the timeing of the day nor does that berry lady thing.

Auron

Legendary Guardian
    Years
  • Alright, yesterday I caught a couple of Feebas. The ironic thing is that I started up the waterfall, and Feebas was near the place you start surfing.

I bred one young Feebas with a Ditto because I wanted the baby Feebas to inherit Ditto's nature, but it failed (Yes, I used that stone). Anyways, it's fun having a lvl 6 Milotic xD

Back