• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen female starters

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
Years
  • I've only gotten male starters, personally. I don't really care about their gender -- I just like playing the game. My sister once spent half an hour trying to get a sassy Torchic and got three females trying for the right additude. The third was sassy, so she kept it.

Capin' Keanan

I Have No Boat. :(
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2007
    I Believe that the starters have on average a 14% Chance of being Female, Personally, if the Pokemon looks Male/Female i usually try to get that certain sex, its just the thing that i do, it not strange.. Honest..

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    I have a female Blaziken from Ruby and Swampert from Sapphire. But I soft-resetted for natures and gender, so...:P

Years
  • I usually try to get female starters, but I have a few male starters as well. The main use I can see for them ("them" being female starters) is that you can breed more of their kind, but with egg moves inherited from other Pokemon.

I've only gotten two female starters by complete chance (i.e. on my first try) - and they were both in the 3rd generation. One was a Mudkip on the Emerald Version, and the other one was a Charmander on the Fire Red version.

Among my other starters, I have Typhlosion (female), Blaziken (male), Meganium (male), Charmeleon (male), and Quilava (in Gold, Crystal and Emerald, and female in all three games). I have never managed to get a female starter in my Red version.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I have females of every starter in R/S/E and every starter in LG/FR. It isn't to hard to get them as females.

Back