• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final Cross (Rated R for violence, censored swearing, and some blood/gore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RentCavalier

Mercenary
Years
  • "Which ones? Most of your enemies are kinda...dead. Your brethren seem to have taken over for the most part..."

He was beginning to put two and two together.

"Or maybe the Winged Ones are after you too?"

Yuna-chan

Returned from Beyond
    Years
  • I gave the man a really stupid look, "What you think just because I have wings im one of them? Maybe you should put the gun down...", I said, my voice a little shakey. I wondered if this guy was going to kill me, or if the soldiers outside were going to catch me. Either way I didn't think I was getting out of here in one piece.

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • Azreal crouched silently in the shadows, his dark wings carefully folded as he listened intently. Having recently returned to the base from a mission, he had not yet met anyone in the P.E.T. headquarters. However, a sharp suspicion and lack of ease filled the fighter. Shapeshifting into a wingless form and his civilian's outfit, the male's sapphire eyes narrowed. Something's wrong here . . . And I intend to find out what.

Cautiously standing, Azreal adjusted his hold on the katana hilt at his side. Then, stepping out of the shadows, the Winged Being glanced warily about before starting down the hall. Pausing as the echoes of battle reverberated about the passage, Azreal's gaze continued to dart about as he increased his pace.

Entering the main hall, Azreal froze as he saw two figures ahead. One was fully robotic, while the other seemed partially organic. Though still somewhat suspicious, Azreal recognized both beings. He had never spoken to Max, but had seen him repeatedly in the base. The female, however, he had only seen once.

Making his way forward, he called, "What happened? And why's that kid's experiment outside his lab?"

Electric Hero

(Lightning) Lord
    Years
  • I heard steps and stood up as I looked around to see who was making those steps. I just saw Azreal and I actually felt quite good... I thought it could be a freak and make an explosion. I have seen Azreal many times before around the base, but I never had the chance to talk to him. "Kid's experiment? you mean this girl is actually an experiment?..." I asked confused as I looked at him.

Kid's experiment?... like all of us were so young... ok... he maybe was many years older than us... I never studied if Winged Beings lived more than humans. "Oh whatever... I just find her here, on the floor" I added glancing at her.

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • "I see . . . " Azreal replied to Max, approaching him. A slight metallic "clank" was heard as Azreal released his grip on his katana's hilt. Turning his wintery eyes to the form on the ground, he addressed the male, armored fighter. "Well, I've never really been this close to her, but I remember there was a scientist who was working on an artificial winged being for some time. I wasn't allowed in his laboratory. But, once I did see her through the doorway," the Winged Being explained, his eyes warily studying TORI.

Kneeling beside the female's still form, Azreal lifted her from the ground. "Whatever's happening around here, I doubt that kid scientist would like his prized experiment to be lying around on the ground." Standing slowly, the male paused thoughtfully. Although, I wonder why she'd be here in the first place.

Shaking his head slightly to dispell his thoughts, Azreal turned to the mechanical warrior at his side. "I'll be taking her back to the lab--and telling that kid to get his experiments more decent outfits." A slightly darker light entered the Winged Being's eyes as he added, "First, though, do you have any idea what's going on around here? You're the first P.E.T. member I've met, and earlier I heard gunshots. How did the enemy find us?"

RentCavalier

Mercenary
    Years
  • Killingsworth rolled his eyes and holstered the gun, leaning against the wall.

"My name's Father Arthur Killingsworth. You may call me Killingsworth."

He puffed smoke out of his mouth, staring blankly at her.

"So, you are not an ally of your people? Betray your entire race? Ha! I believe you, as its more likely. Let me guess: You're father, or possibly mother, is someone important eh? A king? A general? Ah your face is easy to read. So, what? You wanna rebel against your family? Or do you just wanna be "different"?"

He sneered.

"You are easy to read. What's your name, Hawkgirl?"

Electric Hero

(Lightning) Lord
    Years
  • I saw Azreal picked up the girl and told me he was going to take her back to the lab. He also asked me what was going on. "You heard gunshots, but I heard an explosion near the lab... I thought that scientist person... his name was... Daniel?... David? oh whatever... I thought he was experimenting with some reactions, and he caused an explosion... so I kept walking and suddenly saw her there on the floor" I answered Azreal as I started to think about the enemies.

"But now that you mention 'enemies'... maybe that scientist wasn't experimenting with reactions... he is more interested in technology... you think that Winged Beings entered the base?... maybe we should go together and search for something in the lab... maybe they are too many and they are invading the base" I added as I started to walk slowly through the main hall, to the lab where that scientist was working in.

Kurosaki

"She doesn't have much of an outfit because she's incomplete..." I said as I began to come to, still unaware of what had happened, aside from that Winged Being that attacked me. I slowly began to stand up, and regain my usual posture. However, my joints still felt very stiff, and my entire body felt heavy. "Heh, could someone help me up? Somethings wrong, and I feel heavy." I had felt like this earlier too, before I was shot, and after. I... wasn't bleeding for some reason, and I didn't feel the pain from it anymore...

Yuna-chan

Returned from Beyond
    Years
  • I stood up and leaned aginst the wall, avoiding putting my wounded leg to the ground. "A priest? Thats mighty hard to beleive...", I said with a puzzled look on my face. "and.. yeah, the General's daugher.. am I that easy to read?", my face showed annoyance now. "Hawkgirl? Oh arn't you clever? No, it's Raven.", I said, useing my codename instead of my real one, I didn't quite trust this "
    priest" yet.

RentCavalier

Mercenary
    Years
  • He winced at the name.

"That's even worse. What, you find it hard to believe I'm a priest? That's mean. I have a cross and everything, it should be ver believable."

The elevator dinged and stopped, the doors opening into the dark of the lower levels.

"Well...I guess this is my floor."

Yuna-chan

Returned from Beyond
    Years
  • "Since when does a priest carry a gun? I thought the scriptures served as their weapon.", I said to the so called priest. It was dark down in the lower engineering levels, "No one ever comes down here", I said as the priest left the elevator. I used what minor healing abilities I had to work on my leg, I could walk on it, but it wasen't 100%. "Whats your problem anyways? Not my fault that my human superiours gave me a steriotypical codename...", I said as I pulled out a flashlight.

RentCavalier

Mercenary
    Years
  • "You need a flashlight?"

He laughed a barking laugh, moving deep into the darkness.

"Why not just magic us up some light eh? And I AM a priest."

He reached into his heavy overcoat and pulled out a rather tattered looking paper.

"Official certificate of priesthood, given by the pope himself. Besides, priests are guys who talk to god, right? I do much, much more then that, so I think I qualify."

He stopped at a wall and began feeling around. "There should be a computer terminal around here."

Yuna-chan

Returned from Beyond
    Years
  • "I don't do magic, thats a winged being thing. I consider myself human with wings", I say, making my way to the computer console. I clicked a few buttons and the lights turned on. "much better".

RentCavalier

Mercenary
    Years
  • Killingsworth rolled his eyes and muttered something uncomplimentary under his breath.

"Move aside, Hawkgirl, I am trying to work this..."

He slid a small disc into a drive and the computer clicked and whirred. The wall beside the pair slid open, and a red light filled the room.

"Ah...I found it."

He turned around, the silhouette of him against the red light, with the huge, thick wooden cross giving him an almost demonic look.

"Welcome, I think,to the P.E.T. Headquarters."

Yuna-chan

Returned from Beyond
    Years
  • I ignored the priests comment, and went inside. I walked over to a console and picked up a headset. "Raven to Lostsheep, Raven to Lostsheep, you boys alive out there?". I heard some people down the hallway, maybe some others made it down here as well.

OOC: sry couldn't think of a good codename XD.

RentCavalier

Mercenary
    Years
  • Killingsworth contemplated killing her there, but seeing as she seemed to know more about this organization then he did.

I hate my job.

He walked down the red-lit hallway, lighting another cigarette and muttering more uncomplimentary words.

Electric Hero

(Lightning) Lord
    Years
  • I stopped walking when I heard the girl started to talk. I turned around and saw her standing up. She isn't complete?... "great... now you talk about yourself in third person?" I expressed as I walked next to the girl. After hearing she felt heavy, I lifted her and I didn't felt like if she was so heavy... well... she was but not THAT heavy... maybe because I used the armor. "ok... now, what were you doing on the floor?" I asked the girl.

Dactylus

Your card has been declined.
    Years
  • OOC: Man, you people need to learn restraint. Let people who haven?t yet had a chance to reply get in a post before you advance to nearly three pages!

Mere minutes earlier?

?Interesting,? murmured the figure sitting leisurely in front of the central computer, stroking the rugged stubble sprinkled across his chin. ?An invasion. Very interesting indeed.? Numerous monitors before him depicted various scenes plating out on the more prominent levels of the base in high definition, folding out the events above as plainly as if he himself were there to witness them. One brawny arm was slung casually over the arm of his chair, and scarlet hair was mopped across both scalp and brow of the lanky six foot figure.

Such was the appearance Shade had chosen for the day. As always, he stayed low in the complex, making sure that nobody in the vast institute was aware of his presence save a few choice individuals. Every now and again a lowly grunt might see a flicker turning a corner, but since no face ever graced him twice, he remained unnoticed. That was his job; Shade was an assassin, a rogue, a spy, all manner of seedy characters rolled into one highly efficient killing machine. A smile played across his lips as an eye fell on the elevator screen.

?Ah yes,? he mused, recognizing the winged girl in the elevator staring down the barrel, ?I know that one. Daughter of someone in power, I believe, though my file on her is rather incomplete. Cute, but one of those winged beings?perverse manifestations of nature gone awry. Don?t think I?ve ever heard about the male, he must be one of the enemy. Hmm?looks like they?re coming.? Suddenly, his legs became shorter, though nothing else besides height changed, as if sections of thigh had been lopped off.

With a curious chuckle, he tapped a button on the mainframe, switching the computer off, and strapped a small device to its side where it would be nearly impossible to view unless one searched for the thing. The assailant stood by the railing away from the machine, the hologram projector cybernetically connected to his arm blurring his image for a moment before he became invisible. It morphed his body to look exactly like the backround behind him, down to the last shadowy detail, hiding both depth and figure and virtually obliterating him from the human eye.

A smirk curled on his face behind the hologram as the two survivors walked to the central processing unit, unaware of his deadly eyes upon them.

To the present?

The cross-wielding man lit a cigarette and began striding back across the platform, murmuring unintelligibly. Nothing was viewable, no disruption rippled across Shades invisible shield, but the cool barrel of a pistol pressed against the fools scalp from behind, accompanied with a hiss, ?Don?t move. Explosions line these very walls if you try to retaliate, not that you could.? The bombs were a feint, but the rogue?s voice remained in its constant state of emotionless whispers, portraying no sign of deceit. ?Girl,? he called, ?come hither. We don?t want your pretty face scathed by the traps over there, either. Don?t worry, I?ve got this creep at bay.? The disembodied voice held no confidence or warning, only cunning determination.

Yuna-chan

Returned from Beyond
    Years
  • I looked around, seeing no one but the priest. "Where... what the?", I said with a confused voice. I didn't bother to help the priest, seeing as he had just recently put a gun in my face. I walked to where I thought the voice was coming from.

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • Before Azreal could reply to Max, the formerly limp being in his arms stirred.

As a voice passed through the lips of the girl Azreal held, the Winged Being felt himself stiffen. Slowly allowing the artificial being to stand, the male viewed her with intent silence. It looks like that kid's experiment was successful. His creation is alive. But, something's wrong . . . Still silent as recognition slowly entered his mind, Azreal's expression changed--his wintery blue eyes widening as a few strands of dark hair fell before his eyes. Wait . . . Is this? No, he wouldn't.

As TORI requested support, Azreal hesitantly grasped her arm and aided Max in straightening the female. Then, after a pause, the Winged Being spoke quietly. "You're . . . that scientist--David. Aren't you?"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back