• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final Cross (Rated R for violence, censored swearing, and some blood/gore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurosaki

OOC: Come on people, you need to make longer posts! Add some substance to them! *cracks out whip* ><

IC: "No, I'm a bum named Fred who lives in a garbage can." I said sarcastically in reply to the Winged Being's comment. It was rare for me to actually see one, since I myself was human, and was often locked inside my lab, forced to work. "Of course I'm David!" Why the hell did they think otherwise? Unless there was an illusion of some sort placed overtop of me by magic, I was ME, not anybody else.

Wait... My voice... I coughed on purpose to discover a higher pitched voice that was not, nor has never been, mine. "What the hell is going on? What happened?" I made a feeble attempt to stand on my own, but my legs were shaky and went back to relying on the help of the other two.

RentCavalier

Mercenary
    Years
    Killingsworth was now certain that he was having a bad day. This was definatly on his list of bad **** to happen him.

However, he was no fool.

"You want the girl? Take her. I've got a death wish. Let's dance."

He coughed.

"I'll call your bluff, Mystery Man. I've no need to hide myself."

He coughed more, doubling over slightly, then he stamped his foot. The cross fell off his back, lodging into the ground, a long bayonet shooting out, stopping right against the torso of his attacker.

"Your move. Shoot me, and the recoil will lodge that blade into your chest. Flee, and I can turn and shoot you, or simply escape. I would reccomend saying a prayer, and maybe your name, as you will not kill this priest today."

He laughed a cold, barking laugh.

"Oh, by the way, how do you set explosives in a sealed off hallway that I only just recently opened? You fool nobody."

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
    [OOC: Er, my apologies . . . I will attempt to lengthen my post.]

Taking ahold of TORI's wrist, Azreal drew her arm over his shoulder to support her. Then, retaining his grip on her wrist while reaching his free hand to the blades at his side, the Winged Being grasped Hikari's leather-bound hilt. "Calm down," he murmured in a low tone--as though he did not truly intend for TORI to hear him. "It's not easy holding up someone who's half my size and twice my weight."

Gritting his teeth slightly, being unaccustomed to TORI's weight and David's sharp tongue, the male tightened his hand about his weapon's end before replying audibly to the female. "Now, as much as I appreciate your wit, there's something you should probably know . . . " Azreal said, speaking slowly and his voice faintly strained, as he drew his sword. "In response to your inquiries--Well, this might help."

Raising his katana before the artificial being, Azreal tilted it at an angle that would allow the polished silver blade to act as a mirror for TORI. "So, what do you think . . . David."

Last edited:

Electric Hero

(Lightning) Lord
    Years
    David... so I was right after all. I still helped Azreal with David in his new form placing his new arm around my shoulder, just as Azreal did. When Azreal used his katana as mirror to David, I said "it should be weird for you... but would you atleast tell us how did this happen?". I was sure David was going to be shocked because of his sudden switch of gender and appearance.

"And... sorry if I ask too many questions... but would you tell me why did I hear an explosion in your lab?... Azreal and I think the enemy found us and are invading the base" I added looking at David's new face... I never waited for him to take some time and calm down.

Kurosaki

"What... the... hell... happened?" I said slowly as I gazed at the face reflected in the katana, the face that was not my own, but rather TORI's. I would've broken down in tears right there and then, if this body could cry. "One of their main targets is TORI, I guess they don't want an artificial version of them being created. I was knocked into TORI during the time I was uploading her personality when an explosion hit, knocking me into the pod. I'm assuming my mind got uploaded to TORI's body after."

What was I to do now? Was there a way to reverse this? I hoped so.

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
    "An explosion?" Azreal echoed quietly as he lowered his blade and paused thoughtfully. If there was an explosion, the lab may be too damaged to salvage anything to help this kid. The male shifted his ice blue eyes to his sword's surface--gazing at his own features on the smooth surface as he continued to muse. And, by now, that place is probably overrun with enemies, anyway . . .

Aligning the edge of his katana with the inner side of its scabbard, the Winged Being sheathed his weapon with a metallic ring. Still, we might as well go have a look. Retaining his grip on Hikari, Azreal shouldered TORI's weight slightly, saying, "Well, if it's like you two say, and the enemy is here, then it can't be safe to stay in one place too long. I say we stop by the lab to grab anything useful. Then, leave."

Turning to Max and David/TORI, Azreal questioned, "So, any objections?"

Electric Hero

(Lightning) Lord
    Years
    "I agree with you" I told Azreal as I looked at him. "I still wonder what useful things are there... I hope the explosion didn't destroy a lot of things... or that the Winged Beings are stealing anything there" I added looking at a wall. "You can move freely now, David?" I asked him. He needed to move, if not, he can have problems fighting.

Dactylus

Your card has been declined.
    Years
    OOC: Don?t see why my character didn?t have the chance to simply kill you while you were coughing?whatever.

Shade nearly laughed at the odd young man, who truly seemed to think he knew everything there was to understand about these affairs. The recoil would send the bayonet towards his chest? Ridiculous in its own right, Shade was no stranger in the arts of firing at certain places that caused certain things to happen to the enemy. And, even more humorous, a hallway that had been sealed off?

Why would the mainframe be sealed off so completely? No, the assassin had made his home in this room, hiding when need be, for as long as he had been employed. But perhaps this would be priest could be of some use, perhaps as a lapdog. Well, he smirked, time to start the game, he knew one thing servants didn?t need.

?Very well, sir,? he proclaimed, removing the gun-barrel, ?you?re inexplicably devious tactics have brought all my tactics to a screeching halt, oh what a world is this!? Silently, as was his way, Shade stepped back a few steps, projecting his voice louder so as to seem in the same place. ?I obviously have no chance at all!? No more time to back-up, the girl was right at his back now.

Raising his pistol again, which was, in retrospect, a mere bullet-firing weapon (an antique, some might say), he fired a barrage of rounds towards the man?s unprotected crotch, swiftly veering off to a side as he did to ensure his whereabouts remained a general mystery.

RentCavalier

Mercenary
    Years
    Killingsworth fired his pistol, over and over. There was a loud clanging noise, and the bullets fired by the Shade fell harmlessly to the ground.

Killingsworth walked back to his fallen cross, picking it up and sighing heavily.

"Well now...this is interesting...pickng on an old man are you?"

Killingsworth hoisted the cross and helf onto a strange, handle like bit at the end.

"Alright, boy, come, if you're so bold. Kill me, I've been waiting for death for awhile. But don't play cheap games. Fight me like a man...or else, I'll have to play as dirty as you do."

(OOC: BTW, the recoil WOULD have caused the bayonet to stab him in the chest. It would shake him, and the blade would fall right into him.)

Dactylus

Years
    OOC: Terribly sorry to post like this, but Rent, proper role playing etiquette demands each person in any given sequence to contribute at least one post. It?s only fair, so I shall await Yuna. Besides, what would my character do, anyway? Yours can apparently deny the laws of physics by being shot at spontaneously from a location he didn?t expect, yet still have the time and godly coordination to grab his gun, aim, and fire enough rounds to hit each opposing bullet squarely dead center and drop them to the floor.

When facing a character who?s more of a demi-deity then a mortal, how is Shade supposed to act? Sorry I?m not prepared for the situation, I just never expected anyone to suddenly become all-powerful on the spot. My bad.

If Yuna doesn?t reply by tomorrow, I?ll edit this message with a post. Again, sorry for the out of character post.

Yuna-chan

Returned from Beyond
    Years
    OOC: Oh sorry.... kinda been busy with my pair/wedding thingy.. ok here we go... oh and Rent thats a bit overpowered...

IC:
    As the fight continued on, I heard the soldiers upstairs. They must have found the access elevator to this level. "Umm guys, you think we could kill each other later? We kinda got company...", I said as I ran for the next hall, it was dark down here, I knocked down anything I found in my path, trying to slow the enemy if they made it down here. Not really caring if the "priest" and "shade" made it or not.

OOC: sorry, really short, but I gotta run.

RentCavalier

Mercenary
    Years
    (OOC: Mine may defy the laws of physics, but you're kinda playing a lowblow Dactylus, shooting at my character's "unoprotected crotch". You make your character out fairly god-like, you pulled a trick, I pulled another, then you get all hurt and try to castrate my character. You expect me to just sit there and let that happen? Fair is as fair does, I didn't do anything very unrealistic till you played dirty, where's the fairness in that?

Plus, the RP is in a world of magical flying creatures. A few unrealistic moments really won't clash. Also, you stated that the explosives didn't really exsist. Killingsworth called your bluff, the door opened when he unlocked it with the disc. So he saw through your character's explosives ploy LOGICALLY. As in, a realistic way of seeing it. You're simply being sour. Other then shooting your bullets, which was very cheap in the first place, I've done NOTHING wrong.)

Last edited:

Dactylus

Years
    OOC: ?I've done NOTHING wrong.?? ?Mine may defy the laws of physics?. Irony at its finest.

IC:
    Shade cocked an eyebrow, obviously his antique weapon had been damaged previously, unbenowst to him, and thusly its rounds had dropped to the floor before reaching their target. A pity. Well, it was now assured that the silly priest could never be of any use to him, not even as a servant, so lowly was he. A smirk cracked his serious demanor as he noticed the sounds of footsteps growing nearer, apparently the fool had led the enemy right to the main control hub.

Flourishing in unseen glory, Shade turned on the spot and took a step before silently tossing a beeping pellet over his shoulder, thinking of the confusion it brought as the thing fazed into view spontaneously once out of the hologram. The gadget exploded into a thick cloud of hazy smoke, nearly viscous enough to seem as an underwater prison, and just as dangerous to lungs. Again, in utter hush, the master assailant noted that such a bland and poorly trained warrior was no threat to him and, knowing all the turns of his home, deftly swung over one side of the railing and caught a thin wire with his cyborg hand.

Down he shot, ground rushing up to meet him as he slid along the cable, flames whisking into existence behind him as the metal in his hand triggered heat on the gasoline-covered escape route. None could follow such a daring flee, and he soon was running along a corridor several dozen yards under the original, knowing that his would meet up soon with the girls. Shade chuckled under his breath at the thought of the ridiculous adversary wading through the haze, hacking and coughing, until a spray of ammo annihilated him; he only wished his own eyes could witness the amusing spectacle?

But it could not be helped, so he continued, his path slanting upwards. The corridor he ran was straight, while the one he believed the winged girl to have taken was riddled with curves; with luck he?d arrive in front of her.

RentCavalier

Mercenary
    Years
    OOC: I won't bother arguing with you, it's a waste of energy.

IC: Smoke clogged the area, and Killingsworth choked on the acrid substinence around him.

Dammit old man! You pissed him off! You know better then to mouth off to a guy you can't even see!

Killingsworth ran forward, trying to remember which way was straight, pushing through the smoke, his lungs burning, needing air and not finding it.

This is it. You are going to die. You gotta admit, it could-

"Shut...up..."

Inwardly silencing his conciense, he felt along a wall, discovering a small grating, and a switch next to it. An air filter!

Hope shot through the man, and he flicked the switch, the massive machines grinding and clanking, the smoke being sucked into the grates lining the hallways.

Killingsworth sank down against a wall, breathing heavily.

"That little bastard will pay...I'll make sure of it..."

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
    [OOC: I added a sketch of my character to my profile post. Although I realize that my drawing leaves much to be desired, it should provide some semblance of an idea as to my character.]

"In that case, we should get going." Removing TORI's arm from his shoulder, though still supporting the artificial being, Azreal turned to Max. "You can support him, I take it?" the Winged Being questioned shortly before providing an explanation. "If we meet with the enemy, it would hardly be to our advantage to be linked in a group." Casting his gaze toward the hall ahead, Azreal added, "Physically, you're stronger than I am. So, you'd probably be better than me in supporting David."

Suddenly, a pair of dark-feathered wings burst from Azreal's back as he morphed into his battle outfit. His glance still directed away from the others, the Winged Being flatly stated, "I'll scout ahead." Without another word, Azreal released TORI and started down the hall.

Once a short distance from Max and TORI, Azreal slowed his pace. A pale, cobalt light filled the male's eyes as his vision began to alter itself--changing as the Winged Being implemented his "other" sight.

That hall appears to be clear . . . And that one as well. But, what of the lab? A strand of dark hair fell before Azreal's features as he shifted his mind's eye. It seems the explosion was rather damaging . . . If nothing else, I do not see any Winged Beings at the lab. But, I wonder if there is anything left that would be worth salvaging. The light faded from the Winged Being's eyes as he turned toward the others.

"The way ahead is clear."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back