• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final Day: Day 30 - Favorite Anime

Beelzebub

under the crimson air
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    Day 23 - Favorite director
    Ikuhara or Yuasa.

Day 24 - Favorite voice actor/actress
    Kamiya Hiroshi, Akira Ishida, or Yuu Kobayashi.

Day 25 - Favorite anime soundtrack
    I love Yuki Kajiura, but I would also have to say Nujabes for his work on Samurai Champloo.

Day 26 - Favorite anime theme song (OP/ED/IN)
    OP - Groovin Magic

ED - Fantasy

Can't think of any INs.

Day 27 - Favorite scene
    Only really my favorites because they are deliciously shafty. Spoiler-ish for ef.
    Spoiler:

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Day 27 - Favorite Scene

Little Busters - Kinniku End (not really a spoiler, it's a joke ending and it's hilarious)
    Spoiler:

There's lots of choices here, character deaths, romantically good endings, and more, but I just decided to throw this here to hype Little Busters :p

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Day 28 - Favorite Dub

I watch all Anime in Dub pretty much, since I only really understand English..so can I just answer my favorite Anime in Sub/Japanese language? I think I'll do that to make it interesting. Guilty Grown, Infinite Stratos or The Legend of the Legendary Heroes has my vote here.

Great action, great scenes, nothing disappointing about both of these at all!

Otherwise for Dub, for great voice acting and such, the honor goes to The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
    Years
    Day 28 - Best Dub.

I have no idea :O
    I really liked everything about Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood though and thought the dubbing in it was really good. God that was an awesome anime.
    I am usually impressed by most dubs I watch (FUNimation is getting rather good at it >.>) But I guess FMA: Brotherhood would be up there so it can have it :)

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Day 28 - Favorite dub
    Fullmetal Alchemist. I don't really watch dubbed anime anymore. I have a few boxsets, but even then I watch subbed. But I think by far my fav dub would be FMA. When I started on Brotherhood I had to watch it dubbed, I guess because I watched FMA dubbed and it just sounded better to me.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    Day 28 - Favorite dub

Absolutely had to step in for this one. My favorite dub, and I would venture to say the best dub ever, is that of Cowboy Bebop. Moreover, I would go so far to say that the English version of Cowboy Bebop was superior to the Japanese version by a fair margin.

This may be in part because Cowboy Bebop has a very Western vibe to it both musically and visually, but the show feels like it was made for the English voices. Steve Blum simply IS Spike. The English cast has it all: character, passion, style, the whole works.

Hagumi

For a sick boy
    Years
    Day 26 - Favorite anime theme song (OP/ED/IN)
    OP: Paranoia Agent - Dream Island Obsessional Park (by Susumu Hirasawa)
    Spoiler:

ED: Eden of the East - futuristic imagination (by school food punishment)
    Spoiler:

IN: -Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt - D City Rock (by Derba Zeer)
    Not gonna bother linking the video here since the video and lyrics are nsfw.

Day 27 - Favorite scene
    The very last scene of Kemonozume.
    Spoiler:

Day 28 - Favorite dub
    Haven't watched many dubs but I checked out the trailer for the Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt dub and I thought it was pretty good. However, I can't say I have a favourite dub.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    Speeds capped right now, not going to add vids. Might tommarow, if I remember.

Day 26 - Favorite Anime Theme Song
    OP - Genesis of Next by Globe (For Cyborg 009)

Day 28 - Favorite Dub
    Full Metal Alchemist. I don't know why, but this is one of the few dubs that I can stand. Ususally dubs make me puke (The dubbing for my favorite anime, Cyborg 009, sucked so bad that I actually cried.) but in this case, FMA's dub is a lot better then the original japanese. Which, for anime, is really weird/rare/a-act-of-god.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Day 28 - Favorite Dub
    Full Metal Alchemist

I'm also a fan of the FMA dub, despite having seen the first dvd so many times I'm sick of it. There are quite a few factors in that the characters' voices actually fit the personalities, and the fact that they actually used a child for Al's voice is pretty impressive.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Day 29 - Most underrated anime

The honor definitely goes to Heroic Age. Seriously, no one really heard of this Anime. It saddens me because its so good!

Years
    Day 23 - Favorite Director:

I... haven't really given this much thought... but I'll go with whoever was behind Cowboy Bebop. Too lazy to look up who they are again.

Day 24 - Favorite Voice Actor/Actress:

Japanese: Tomokazu Sugita
    English: Steve Blum

Day 25 - Favorite Anime Soundtrack:
    Never give this much thought. It'd probably go to Clannad, though.

Day 26 - Favorite OP/IN/ED:

OP: I have one, but I can't remember the name and am too lazy to look it up.

IN: God Knows by Aya Hirano from Haruhi Suzumiya.

ED: See my favorite OP for the answer here.

Day 27 - Favorite Scene:
    I'll go with a scene at the end of Read or Die where
    Spoiler:

Day 28 - Favorite Dub:
    I'm gonna be mainstream and say that the Cowboy Bebop dub was my favorite. It was definitely top tier.

Day 29 - Most Underrated Anime:
    I don't hear it discussed much anymore, so it's more of a modern underrated series (partially because it's nearly been 10 years since it was released), but Genshiken is my nominee for this.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Day 29 - Most underrated anime (or Best anime that no one's seen)
    Otome Youkai Zakuro. The "story" is so so, I mean it's predictable but by no means bad. And it was still nice seeing it unfold. And I really liked the characters in this show. I think that's what made me like it so much was the characters and how the "teams" interacted. And I'm a sucker for the cat/fox/wolf/etc eats. XD

Calling it right now... Digi is going to say Cross Game. XD

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
    Years
    Day 29 - Most Underrated Anime

I would have to say I really really enjoyed the Devil May Cry anime and I've heard from people that apparently sucks. I liked it though :D Most of the other anime I watch are fairly common and known I believe, though I don't really HEAR all that much about Ghost In the Shell and I LOVED THAT so...

Devil May Cry anime and
    The Ghost in the Shell anime would probs have to be my favourite underrated ones.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Day 28 - Favorite Dub
    Back when Sector posted his answer he said "for great voice acting and such, the honor goes to The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi." I've gotta agree with this. Their voices match the characters perfectly and I feel it really gets across their desired personalities.

Tokyo Mew Mew! I barely know anyone that's watched this or has heard of it but they really should; it's an amazing and very well thought out show that should certainly get more attention :3

Hagumi

For a sick boy
    Years
    I would say Kemonozume. I've never really seen anyone talk about it, and I think a lot of people are put off by the art style before even they've even watched it. It's understandable, but you'll get used to it - I actually quite like the art style now. It's generally an interesting anime to watch, with a good cast of characters and an awesome jazzy OST, not to mention the fact that it is one of the best love stories ever told.

also this show makes the best screencaps
    Final Day: Day 30 - Favorite Anime

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years

Favourite op is obviously the one for Busou Renkin.

Black Lagoon dub is probably my favourite, seen so many good ones it's hard to say.

Underrated. I'd probably have to say Tweeny Witches, I just finished it yesterday and I've never heard anyone discuss it.

Last edited:

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    About to start a 20 hour train trip, so I'll throw this down now post last one on your own at approx. 24 hours from my last post.

Cross Game :p

Cross Game, Ookiku Furikabutte (Big Windup), Touch. Baseball anime in general are pretty underrated, so good job calling it :p

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Day 30 - Favorite overall anime

I will begin this I guess since its 24 hours now:

My favorite Anime ever? Well there's two that I cannot decide on. I love both of these Anime with a passion and they are forever the greatest in my eyes!

Shakugan no Shana & Code Geass

Action is all I ever need to keep interested in any series, not just Anime. Thankfully both of them have it :D Plus the characters and storyline are just able to keep me at the edge of my seat!

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    So many I could put on this list... so many series that have been overlooked, but two that pop up instantly in my head are Myself; Yourself and Hitohira. Both have pretty interesting (for 12-episode high school setting series) stories, likeable characters, and overall I've enjoyed them despite hearing few other fans bring them up.

Yes! PreCure 5 has won so many battles during these past 30 days that I have to concede the war to it as well. The evil corporation structure of the villains put an interesting twist on things, and the five Cures bring plenty of unique personalities, abilities, and strengths to the table.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
    Years
    It seems that this is the hardest question ever.

Cowboy Bebop is definitely one of my favourite anime and I saved it just for this.

Honourable mentions goes to:
    Baccano! It is seriously up there with Cowboy, so very close.
    FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, one of the best and fulfilling anime I have watched and I really enjoyed it.
    Code Geass: I got to admit this anime was fantastic and I only just finished the whole series, but I really really enjoyed it :)

Back