• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final Day: Day 30 - Favorite Anime

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    There was request, so I did it :p

Info
    Essentially, it's a survey elongated over 30 days that will help take some time out of you day. You can join in at any time at the day it's on, or even post your list up to the respective day.

Know-how
    Each day there will be a category for you to respond to, just provide an answer to the posed topic, along with reasons/history for your choice. For reference, here's the list:

--Week 1: You and Your Anime--
    Day 01 - Very First Anime
    Day 02 - Your Anime Crush
    Day 03 - Current (or most recent) anime wallpaper
    Day 04 - Anime Guilty Pleasure
    Day 05 - Anime you think had the best/most intriguing art
    Day 06 - Favorite AMV/MAD
    Day 07 - Most treasured anime-related merchandise (if you don't have any, something you want)

--Week 2: Favorite Series--
    Day 08 - Favorite Action/Adventure
    Day 09 - Favorite Slice of Life
    Day 10 - Favorite SciFi/Mecha anime
    Day 11 - Favorite Shonen anime
    Day 12 - Favorite Shoujo anime
    Day 13 - Favorite Seinen anime
    Day 14 - Favorite Josei anime

--Week 3: Characters--
    Day 15 - Favorite hero/heroine
    Day 16 - Favorite villain
    Day 17 - Favorite couple
    Day 18 - Favorite side character
    Day 19 - Favorite character design
    Day 20 - Character you feel you are most like (or wish you were)
    Day 21 - Character you want to cosplay

--Week 4: More Favorites!--
    Day 22 - Favorite Animation Studio
    Day 23 - Favorite director
    Day 24 - Favorite voice actor/actress
    Day 25 - Favorite anime soundtrack
    Day 26 - Favorite anime theme song (OP/ED/IN)
    Day 27 - Favorite scene
    Day 28 - Favorite dub

--Last Spurt!--
    Day 29 - Most underrated anime (or Best anime that no one's seen)
    Day 30 - Favorite overall anime

When does it count as a "new day"?
    Usually I'd be doing it 12am EST (-5), though that can change depending on whether I'm still out or not. Best indicator is me changing the title of the thread to the next day. First day will last 2 days for the sake of everyone realizing this thread is here (and aligning the weeks to Sunday).

Posting Format
    Really, all you need to do is include the day number corresponding to the survey, your choice, and your reason. Pictures are nice too, but not required. Youtube vids are ok as well, but don't be obsessive about them (like put AMVs for everything, that's what the AMV category's for), and watch to make sure you're not putting anything infringing up (will be partially ignored for Favorite Dub and Scenes).
    For purposes of laziness, you can use this if you want.

Day XX: Topic

(Picture/youtube)

Choice
    Reason

Extra
    You are given a few "cheat" options for these 30 days. This means you're allowed to use something that's similar to anime, but not really anime. Examples include using Kamen Rider, J-pop songs, and the Avatar series (Actually, I won't be counting and have no way to enforce this. Just don't do it too much :p). Also, you're not allowed to use this cheat as a choice for a topic in the Last Spurt

Last edited:

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
    Years
  • Day 01: Very First Anime

Pokemon/Dragonball Z.
    I honestly have no clue which one came first/ if I saw them both at basically the same time but they are the earliest anime I can remember. (Yay for Cheez TV. R.I.P)

Spoiler:

Last edited:

dnomyar27

Beginning VulpixEevee Lover
    Years
  • Hey there, im curious about this, but here it is

Day 01:

Pokemon - Ranma1/2 - DragonBallZ

I'll always remember when they were showing those on saturdays mornings. I wake up just for watching them.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Day 01 - Very First Anime

My first anime was either Sailor Moon or Dragonball. (I really liked Sailor Moon but I have very early memories of watching Dragonball sometimes too, so I dunno.) However, I had no idea that either of those were anything other than just "cartoons". The first anime that I knew came from Japan was one of Pokemon, Digimon, or Dragonball Z. I started watching all of them at about the same time and I think YTV specifically called them "anime" so I started paying closer attention and soon enough started seeking out as much of it as I could find. :P

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    My very first anime were Pokemon-DBZ-Gundam Wing back when I was around 7 or so.

It didn't take very long for me to get instantly hooked as they were like water to me whenever they showed and hell hath no fury if ye got in the way of my brainwashing back then lol.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016

Day 1 - Very First Anime

Dragonball Z, Pokemon & Sailor Moon

My very first Anime I've ever watched when I was around 5 years old..was Dragonball Z vs Pokemon. Pokemon was new in 1996 or so and Dragonball Z was already in its 3rd season facing Frieza..and I did liked Sailor Moon at that time but I never really...paid attention to the times when it was on. Shame I didn't pay much attention then. Just thought I'd throw that info in..but Dragonball Z wins here. I can say the exact episodes...Vegeta was dying and Goku buried Vegeta prior to the battle vs Frieza..and the Charizard vs Aerodactyl episode with Jigglypuff and Gary in it were the first episodes I viewed.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Day 1: Very First Anime

My very first anime, was, without a doubt, Pokemon. I never really had a chance to watch cartoons meant for "older" children until that came out, as my parents felt I was too young for those before Pokemon was released. I picked up several anime shows because of my cousins shortly thereafter.

Cid

Years
  • Probably Day 02 already but I don't feel like getting ahead of anyone.

I'm actually pretty lucky to have a TV station that made it a point to import and dub anime. I don't think I've watched much of it on my younger days, however, and ironically I hate most dubs of my language now. Anyway, I eventually started watching Doraemon and made it a habit to watch every episode that I can catch of it ever since. That is until I got introduced to other anime like Dragon Ball Z, Yu Yu Hakusho and Hunter X Hunter. I think Pokémon was a different case, I watched it like a cartoon instead when I finally caught on. But yeah, Doraemon was my first anime, and I don't have much fond memories of it.

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013

I'm one of those people who started off with stuff like Dragonball Z and Yu Yu Hakusho, though I didn't know at the time that they were any different from the other cartoons I used to watch. The first time I realised that these shows were something else was much later on, when I stumbled on a channel which showed some anime like Yu-Gi-Oh! and Beyblade without dubs/subs.

Hagumi

For a sick boy
    Years

I think it was either Sailor Moon, Cardcaptors or Pokemon, but I can't remember which one I watched first. Anyways, back then I had no clue what anime was so at the time, so I had no idea I was watching anime. Eventually, when I began using the internet more frequently, I started to learn about anime and manga. I think my first show where I actually knew I was watching anime was Katekyo Hitman REBORN!.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • Day 01 - Very First Animé
    Pokémon is the first anime I really liked. I was 4 when I discovered it, my aunt offered me the cassette of the three first episodes, and we watched it with my cousins. I didn't know Pokémon before (or just Pikachu), but they managed to quickly convert me to it. 12 years later, I'm on this forum, still fan of Pokémon, but not watching the anime anymore (or the first seasons for the nostalgia).

Last edited:

kuzronk

Banned
    Years
    Dragon Ball Z or Pokemon on Cheez TV or on Cartoon Network

Last edited:

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Dragon Ball Z and Pokemon on cartoon network

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    hah! im in time :>

Could be Pokémon, Sailor Moon or Super Pig, I don't remember well. But uhh, not counting the childhood ones, the first anime I watched knowingly was Death Note!

Beelzebub

under the crimson air
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013

Pokemon. Strangely, I never watched Sailor Moon or anything like that, even though I knew people that did. Later on I started with Gurren Lagann and Lucky Star (admittedly the latter being a bad one to start with).

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018

First anime I've watched would be Doraemon, dubbed in Chinese, under "Little Ding Dong". The first anime I actually watched knowingly was probably Cardcaptor Sakura, though I'm not sure.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
    Years
  • Day 2 - Your Anime Crush

Hmm this is a really hard thing because I dont really have an anime crush.

Motoko Kusanagi (GITS) would probably be up there, along with Erza scarlet (Fairy Tail), also Celty Sturluson from Durarara!!! (I really liked her english dub voice).

I cant really think of anyone else besides those 3 though.. but again I dont really have an anime crush per say.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Day 2 - Your Anime Crush

Okay so I had a long discussion with my friends about this, Mario Bros isn't an Anime after all. But Princess Peach is still my #1 forever. :D

Rin Tohsaka: Fate/Stay Night
    Spoiler:

Her design and personality is just awesome and badass. Not to mention I like the hair. The names(That aren't too complicated to pronounce, etc) for certain Anime characters do attract me a bit to actually use them for a Series I've been writing/creating. Tohsaka is by far one of my favorite names...Teletha Testarossa is another. That full name is just awesome. Say that 10 times fast though haha. I have several others from other Anime but...I think I'll save those for other days of the challenge. ;)
    Teletha Testarossa: Full Metal Panic!
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back