• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final Fantasy Discussion

Forgotten_hope

ジョン
    Years
    I'm ecstatic for this game. I can not wait. I'm a huge Final Fantasy fan.

I'll be going to school, then picking this up at Gamestop, and probably be playing it for the remainder of the night.

I have absolutely no problem with long cutscenes (Metal Gear Solid 4, an hour of cutscenes after the final boss :P), and long gameplay, so, I'm sure I'll enjoy this game greatly.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I'm ecstatic for this game. I can not wait. I'm a huge Final Fantasy fan.

I'll be going to school, then picking this up at Gamestop, and probably be playing it for the remainder of the night.

I have absolutely no problem with long cutscenes (Metal Gear Solid 4, an hour of cutscenes after the final boss :P), and long gameplay, so, I'm sure I'll enjoy this game greatly.

actually the final cutscene in MGS4 is 2 hours long lol

Anyone getting the nice hardback book with the game? I'll go tomorrow while you guys are at school haha

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    The trailer agrees that Fang is the Aussie XD must have been a name mix up up there n__n

(Oh and I Love the Summons that are available :3 Especially Hope's)
    I assure you, Vanille's VA is Australian. Her name is Georgia Van Cuylenburg and this is her :D

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I wont be here for like 2 months because of this game...

ヴェントゥス

キーブレード
    Years
    Well, SG system confused me a bit in X, But my friend -who loves FFX- showed me a good way how to use it.
    Spoiler:

wee187

Beat 358/2 Days on 10/5/09
    Years
    Can't believe I never saw this thread. I'm so sorry. Got the game at midnight, along with the limited edition Piggyback guide, and a free Snow poster. ;D

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Well, SG system confused me a bit in X, But my friend -who loves FFX- showed me a good way how to use it.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Can't believe I never saw this thread. I'm so sorry. Got the game at midnight, along with the limited edition Piggyback guide, and a free Snow poster. ;D

How are you liking it? I'm getting it today when my Gamestop opens

PS Anyone getting the soft drink named "Final Fantasy XIII Elixir"? Its exclusive limited time for the games release it have 3 times the caffeine of a normal soft drink O.O

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
    I definitely getting this game on the weekends! :D

The graphics are great, battle system looks so complicated and awesome! Although they took a lot of tradition out like linearity etc. I'm still going to get it!

Heres a random fact......
    Spoiler:

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011

The graphics are great, battle system looks so complicated and awesome! Although they took a lot of tradition out like linearity etc. I'm still going to get it!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

ヴェントゥス

キーブレード
    Years
    Spoiler:

How are you liking it? I'm getting it today when my Gamestop opens

PS Anyone getting the soft drink named "Final Fantasy XIII Elixir"? Its exclusive limited time for the games release it have 3 times the caffeine of a normal soft drink O.O

TBH, 1 up is the worst gaming site to ever go to.

...that stuff will kill you!

Spoiler:

DANNNNG! But -this has nothing to do with FFXIII- But in BBS, it doesnt have bubble scenes, all of it is voiced scenes, but you can play more. -just saying- But Wow, more like a movie than game play eh?

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010

Spoiler:
    Which is why it looks SO POO on the 360 version which is only 14GB *total*; that means shrinking 32.6GB worth of cutscenes into just 7GB..

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Which is why it looks SO POO on the 360 version which is only 14GB *total*; that means shrinking 32.6GB worth of cutscenes into just 7GB..

Actually I just got my XBox 360 version and it's 3 discs :P So I'd imagine they did that so they can include the same amount of quality.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    Nope. It's 3 disks, but the game itself themselves (once you over-write the common files that are identical on all 3 discs) are only 14GB. So no, it doesn't even have nearly "the same amount of quality". It looks horrendous with it's butchered 576p bink video cutscenes D:

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    bull the cut-scenes look amazing...I couldn't find the special drink anywhere sadly did anyone else have luck?

EDIT: Anyone know how to get the special item thing? (and what it is?) I cannot find it on the site anywhere.

Last edited:

Forgotten_hope

ジョン
    Years
    bull the cut-scenes look amazing...
    Do you have an HD TV with 720p/1080p?
    Are you using HDMI cables?

If the answer to either of those questions is "No," then that's why you think they look good. The 360's graphics are fine for a non-HD TV, but, on an HD TV, they are just... subpar.

The PS3's are absolutely and completely beautiful.

Last edited:

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    I assure you, Vanille's VA is Australian. Her name is Georgia Van Cuylenburg and this is her :D

So that's it! I could quite place my finger on the accent, but I was leaning towards Australian. An interesting change in VAs, at least relative to the games I usually play.

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Do you have an HD TV with 720p/1080p?
    Are you using HDMI cables?

If the answer to either of those questions is "No," then that's why you think they look good. The 360's graphics are fine for a non-HD TV, but, on an HD TV, they are just... subpar.

The PS3's are absolutely and completely beautiful.

Your high they don't look bad and I can't tell the difference between my HD 360 and PS3 cut-scenes

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    Your high they don't look bad and I can't tell the difference between my HD 360 and PS3 cut-scenes
    lmao then you're blind. It's a s obvious as the difference between VHS and Blu-Ray. Stop being a fanboy.

Back