• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final Fantasy Fan Club

Ultra - Retro Reviver!

Ultra - Retro Reviver
Years
  • Wow! Very good job. It must've taken such a long time to put it together. A lot of good favorites in there and I like how you included from Crisis Core as well. Quite impressive, yes. It's a great video to just sit and listen to and remember all your favorite FF songs. I think my favorite on this is probably the final battle with Seymour theme. It emulates that weirdo techno sound the original had nicely.
    I feel like I've seen this video before when I was searching for another FF mix. It's pretty good
    1.%20smile.gif
    Thanks for the feedback guys! :) I've also been thinking of doing a field medley but I will say right now that I am not going to do it at this current point is time since I just finished this FF Battle Medley about two weeks ago.
    It must've taken such a long time to put it together.
    Not really. When I work on something I am really, REALLY dedicated to it! It only took me about one week to put together and another five days to get all the footage and stuff. Add another seven hours for rendering, and BAM! Done! It did take a long time to upload also, but I forgot how long it took.
    -----
    Again, guys. Thanks for the feedback! :)

Last edited:

タイラー

Stress
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    Thanks for the feedback guys! :) I've also been thinking of doing a field medley but I will say right now that I am not going to do it at this current point is time since I just finished this FF Battle Medley about two weeks ago.
    Not really. When I work on something I am really, REALLY dedicated to it! It only took me about one week to put together and another five days to get all the footage and stuff. Add another seven hours for rendering, and BAM! Done! It did take a long time to upload also, but I forgot how long it took.
    -----
    Again, guys. Thanks for the feedback! :)

Lol to me, thats forever! Good track tho.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Finishing this topic up with some metal.

And as for a new topic:

What are your favorite games by Square that aren't FF or KH?

I have recently found out that about half of my game collection is by Square. I really like Deus Ex and Tomb Raider.

Years
  • What are your favorite games by Square that aren't FF or KH?

Not FF or KH, huh? Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross are definitely up there. Vagrant Story was also pretty fun. So was Secret of Mana. And the Dragon Quest series.

Actually, there's a ton of Square games that are great.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Signup!

Username: Juno
    Topic answer (What are your favorite games by Square that aren't FF or KH?) : The World Ends With You. Been looking for a cheap copy online so I can play it again, I dropped mine with my DS Lite a few years ago. :c I can't imagine the dual-screen battles working well on an emulator, either.
    Final Fantasy games you've owned: IV, V, VII, VIII, X, X-2, Tactics, Tactics Advance, Crisis Core.
    Choose a FF character to represent you (optional): Rydia

Years

Pretty much everything that is a JRPG. That's my favorite genre of gaming, and square always does the best. Chrono Trigger is a big favorite, as well as Chrono cross. (Though Crono Cross would have been more enjoyable as a standalone game, rather than a sequel) I haven't played all their JRPGs, but I intend to by the time I'm dead.

Currently I'm in the middle of playing Xenogears with my girlfriend. The gameplay is so unique and awesome. I wish there were more games like it nowadays.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I would have to say either Chrono Trigger or Xenogears thus far. It's the first time I've played Xenogears and I have to admit that I still haven't finished it, but it's incredibly fun (other than the... less than perfect platforming elements) and I resonate heavily with the characters. They are awesome and amusing. Especially Elly, she's probably my new favorite character of all video games. The story has kept me both confused and hooked as well, eager to find out more.

Also must admit I find the gear battles to be fascinating, how they have much higher health than your characters and do more damage. Two different types of battles really mix things up. It's a very unique RPG, and one I've never played anything like.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • When it comes to Square Enix games that are not Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts, these two are my favorites:
    Chrono Trigger
    Valkyrie Profile Lenneth

I recall I first got interested in Chrono Trigger when I was a member of Super Skarmory Forums, since it was mentioned there. I worked hard to get all of the endings in that game. As for Valkyire Profile Lenneth, I think I first heard about it in a YouTube video. That particular video showed
    Spoiler:

Yukari

Definitely Dragon Quest. I Actually Haven't played a whole lot of games by Square Enix outside of FF and Kingdom Hearts though. :(

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years

Hm. I couldn't really tell you that. I've never played anything other than KH and FF as far as Square Enix go. Though, I probably have and just don't know it. :P I have heard that Bravely Default is somewhat of a good game. I prefer anything from FF and KH though.

Edit: I forgot about Dragon Quest. I liked those games, yet I couldn't help feel as if SE ripped off the Dragon Ball series for the designs. XD I mean... just look at them both and you'll catch my drift.

タイラー

Stress
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    I have to say the only Square Enix game I have outside of FF and KH is Sleeping Dogs. It was a fun game but I had better games to play, such as rerunning FF Tactics

Years
  • Edit: I forgot about Dragon Quest. I liked those games, yet I couldn't help feel as if SE ripped off the Dragon Ball series for the designs. XD I mean... just look at them both and you'll catch my drift.

Akira Toriyama, the author of Dragon Ball, is actually the character designer for the Dragon Quest games. So that's why they look so similar.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Akira Toriyama, the author of Dragon Ball, is actually the character designer for the Dragon Quest games. So that's why they look so similar.

Ohhhhh. That does explain it then. I had no idea because I always wondered why they were so similar. XD I never bothered to look it up when I played one of the dragon quest games. I wouldn't playing more of them because I really enjoyed them. Though, I only got into them after playing... IV I think it was? I can't remember. It was the one where you became a fallen angel or something. ><

PinkOmnimon

Alpha and Omega
    Years
  • The world ends with you, Legend of Dragoon, Thief, Hitman, all square games are amazing and it's so hard to choose.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Signup!

Username: Juno
    Topic answer (What are your favorite games by Square that aren't FF or KH?) : The World Ends With You. Been looking for a cheap copy online so I can play it again, I dropped mine with my DS Lite a few years ago. :c I can't imagine the dual-screen battles working well on an emulator, either.
    Final Fantasy games you've owned: IV, V, VII, VIII, X, X-2, Tactics, Tactics Advance, Crisis Core.
    Choose a FF character to represent you (optional): Rydia

Almost missed you for a second 'cuz I thought you were already a member :P. Welcome home, friend.

Years
  • The world ends with you, Legend of Dragoon, Thief, Hitman, all square games are amazing and it's so hard to choose.

While Legend of Dragoon is an awesome game it's not made by Square. That does remind me that I never beat that game back when I played it... I'll have to get it again later. Good thing it's on the PSN now. :3

I remember when I first played it though... I thought it was a Final Fantasy game, cause all JRPGs when I was young were just Final Fantasy to me.

Years
    Always been a fan of their games, regardless of what other people may think of their current instalments. I have to admit though, majority of my opinion of the company comes from those 2 franchises. My absolute favourite would be Chrono Cross without a doubt. It's one of those games where I have nostalgic memories about my sister playing it, and I liked it enough to re-buy the game online after she sold the game before I was old enough to play. Loved the whole parallel worlds/time travel idea in any game.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • New topic.

What is some of the best square fanmade things that you've seen?

I was just searching around youtube and found this. Not the best thing ever, but pretty freaking awesome and funny.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Almost missed you for a second 'cuz I thought you were already a member :P. Welcome home, friend.

Yeah, been meaning to join for some time. :P Thanks!

What is some of the best square fanmade things that you've seen?

I used to watch a lot of GMVs, and this guy makes a lot of good Final Fantasy videos (among other fandoms).

And I spend a lot of time on deviantArt looking at cosplay photos:
    Spoiler:

And drawings:
    Spoiler:

Back