• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final Fantasy IV, Anyone?

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    As you may have heard, the US is FINALLY getting the FFIV DS Remake that came out around Christmas in Japan. Let's take a look at all the Incarnations of the Game shown in order of release:

-Final Fantasy IV (Super Famicom) Many Times more harder than the English Version, this game set many new Standards in the RPG Genre

-Final Fantasy IV EasyType (Super Famicom) Although it was released before FF4's US Release, this Japan-Exclusive version used the FF2US's Engine(As it was in Develpoement). Notable for making the Final Boss have a Completely different Appearence.

-Final Fantasy II (SNES) The Renamed US Release of FF4. COmpared to the original, it was horibly Mutilated. Made Extremely Easy, Had many character's Special Abilities Removed, and THey even got rid of the Developer's Room D:

-Final Fantasy IV (PSOne) A direct for of the Japanese FF4, many US Gamers discovered many features left out of the original US Relase. A brand-new translation helped with the flow of the story, too. Also had CGI Sequences at the begining and when you beat the game.

-Final Fantasy IV (Wonderswan Color) This Japan-Only Handheld saw a incarnation fo the game, too. THe Graphics were slightly enhanced to look more smoother.

-Final Fantasy IV Advance (Gameboy Advance) This Remake carried over the graphical Updates of the Wonderswan Color Version and, for the first time, the Enemies and Items were renamed to be more close to their Japanese names. (EX Fire3 is now Firaga) Before the final dugeon, you have the option other switchign any charcacter save Cecil and use Edward, Cid, Palom, Porom, and Yang. 2 New dungeon toi give these other Charcter better equipment were made, too.

-Final Fantasy IV (DS) THis Version, coming the the US on July 22nd, Took out most fo the features added in FF4 Advance, but made up for it with many other features. 3-D Rendered Environments and Characters, plus Voice-acted scenes, breathed new life into the game. And new Ability Augment system allows you to fully customize your characters with over 40 Abilities to choose from. Dark Knight Cecil, Edward, Porom, and Rosa have also recieved upgrades in how their abilities work.

-Final Fantasy IV the After: Tsuki no Kikan(Japanese Cellphones) A sequal to FF4, it takes 17 years after the first game's events,a nd star's Cecil and Rosa's SOn, Ceodore. Alot of Familiar Faces, plus many new ones, make an apperence in this game. There are currently no plans for an international release, due to the overly wide variety of Cellphones other Countries use.

Discuss.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I've never played IV but I definitely want to, so I'll more than likely be picking this up. :x I watched the store-trailer online the other day and it looks pretty gorgeous, so I have high hopes for it. :D I probably won't pick it up until I clear out some of my backlog though.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I only like Final Fantasy's I-VI, so any remake or sequel to them is welcomed greatly.

These are the FF games I own:

Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn Of Souls (GBA)
    Final Fantasy III (DS)
    Final Fantasy IV (PSOne)
    Final Fantasy IV Advance (GBA)
    Final Fantasy V Advance
    Final Fantasy VI Advance

I Want to get:
    Final Fantasy IV (DS)
    Final Fantasy (PSP)
    Final Fantasy II (PSP)

On top of that, I wish I had a PSP for them D:

Anything past VI I hate with a passion. It's a long story U.U;

IV and V are the only two fot he original Six to receive Sequels

IV:
    Final Fantasy: The After (Currently-out Game, 17 Years After)

V:
    Final Fantasy: Legend of the Crystals (1994 Anime, 200 Years After)

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I like FFIV Advanced. I am right at the end of the game just trying to get the last Masume. I have all the other weapons for all the other characters. I just need Cecil's best weapon.

Although I found FFIII on DS boring. The story didn't really hook me in I liked FFIV advanced so I will probably get this.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    You have to remeber FFIII was originally a NES game. The Playable Charac ters int he original had no speaking lines, were all males, and were all raised by Toppapa.

IMO, FFIII was the best of the NES games. The Japanese agree, too, as it FFIII for NES sold better than bothe the first and second games, and was the main foundation for FFV's Job System. Not to mention, itwas important in introducing Fat Chocobo, Moogles, Summon Magic, and was also the first game to have a One-winged character (Take that, FFVII, which I hate, btw. Althoughm the DS Remake gave him a second one O.o; )

Years
  • I only like the action RPGs like VII and so on much cooler, square enix have now made The World ends with you which is an awsome RPG game.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • o_O VII isn't an action RPG. Crisis Core is, but the original VII isn't at all.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I hate everything after VI

So VII and up are nothing to me U.U

Persona

Banned
    Years
  • This DS remake seems a bit pointless to me. The game has already been released three times for three other systems, as have the other Final Fantasy's I – VI. If the level designs, combat, and sound are almost identical to the original, then I'll probably pass on this. D:

The DS remake also includes an interesting message for the possibility of other games in the series being remade. Regarding the FF VII remake on the PS3, Square Enix mentioned that they would never consider remaking a game for a console in which the original version could be played. Yet, here we have a new version of FF IV when the GBA port was released a couple of years ago. It seems to me the cash flow from FFIII DS has caused them to change their minds. :x

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • Wait, wasn't FF4A that FF which wasn't play tested and debugged enough so it was filled with bugs, and caused Japanese fans to cry in despair?

That being said, I strangely don't remember much about 4, despite playing it on my cousins Famicom and playing the PS port. I do, however, remember a lot about 5 and 6.

Damn, 5 has to be my favorite FF so far. Bartz is awesome.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Dunsparce, stop mindlessly bashing the games without stating any particular reason. Your last post was totally redundant and borderline spam - you already made clear that you hate the games.

Anyway, I own I/II/VI on the GBA and VII/X/XII on the PS(2), and I've been wanting to pick up IV Advance, but when I heard the DS remake was coming out I decided to wait. Apparently the DS version is even harder than the original SNES version, and I'm really looking forward to the extra features like the voice acting and FMVs. I never played III for the DS, but this seems to be a much better remake than III.

I doubt I'll get it at release, but it's definitely on my to-buy-eventually list.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    ;____; but why do you hate them all after VII? I don't care much for 7 myself...but wai D:

I just never got the feel for them that I did for I-VI. I can't really think of a clear reason, I just never got into them much. Then again, most games I play are Old-School games and their Remakes XD

Or at least have an old-scool feel to them

My Definition of Old School:

Console
    -Anything Before or During the SNES/Genisis Era.

Handheld
    -Anything before or during the GBC's reign or power.

Anyways, another chapter has been/will be released for Final Fantasy IV: The After. Porom's Charpter, to be specifical. Lets see, seventeen years means... she's 23 years old now. Porom already had his chapter.

SuperLink

Lost focus when she dissed me!
    Years
  • This is one I can't wait for. I love the original and I love FFIII DS. Such quality from a DS title, and they made a completely heartless game a bit more alive. FFIV will bring the very most out of the DS. I too kind of hate all past FFVI. My personal reason is because I really love FFs I-VI and they're INCREDIBLY unrecognised. With most self-proclaimed FF fans I know it's "FFVII or gtfo", which is an attitude that really annoys me. It's like they think VII was the first one ever made. Cloud this and Sephiroth that.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    You forgot to mention that the game is supposedly going to be harder and more unforgiving than ever before (as claimed by Nintendo Power). Supposedly there will be bosses that you will fight multiple times until you learn how to deal with them, because you can't use the same strategies as before. Of course, this is all according to Nintendo Power (a magazine) so who knows how much of it is accurate.

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
  • This is one I can't wait for. I love the original and I love FFIII DS. Such quality from a DS title, and they made a completely heartless game a bit more alive. FFIV will bring the very most out of the DS. I too kind of hate all past FFVI. My personal reason is because I really love FFs I-VI and they're INCREDIBLY unrecognised. With most self-proclaimed FF fans I know it's "FFVII or gtfo", which is an attitude that really annoys me. It's like they think VII was the first one ever made. Cloud this and Sephiroth that.

I agree, my favorite was FF3 before it was remade, because of the job class system and just how unknown it was (being the only one not remade in America yet). FF5 is my next favorite, can't wait for its DS port! But yeah people seem to think FF7 is the first because that's the one most people first started playing FF games on.

You forgot to mention that the game is supposedly going to be harder and more unforgiving than ever before (as claimed by Nintendo Power). Supposedly there will be bosses that you will fight multiple times until you learn how to deal with them, because you can't use the same strategies as before. Of course, this is all according to Nintendo Power (a magazine) so who knows how much of it is accurate.

Well the 4 Elements, mainly Valvalicia or whatever her name was, were already hard as could in the original Japanese one for SNES. So I imagine they made that even harder, which actually scares me. But yeah that's good news.

As for Nintendo Power, it's mostly pretty reliable. But keep in mind that they did a full guide for SSB for 64 back when that came out, and they said that Jigglypuff was only in the game to be cute and not actually be any good, when really she was total pwnage awesome.

Back