• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final Fantasy X

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    You just said FFX huh? Well guess what, you just found one of it's biggest fans.

Currently I'm on my second normal playthrough and I'm at Evrae, which is in my opinion, the hardest storyline boss in the game. Expecially on NSG (No Sphere Grid) challenges and more. -aga series spells I badly need, though I have a few Shadow Gems I can use. Plus there's Rikku's overdrive Mix, which is the best in the game. I can make Sunburst which deals 15966 damage if I recall correctly, and that takes out just about half of Evrae's 30k HP.

Anyways Rikku is my best character (second best is Lulu, third is Kimahri.)

The thing you people don't get with Kimahri is that he's in the center of the Sphere Grid for a reason. The Ronso can train in a variety of combat, including those of fiends. So it's only natural he's in the center. Thus he can go to anyone's path by the time you get a Level 1 Keysphere.

Sadly, the game is pretty easy for me, so I'm considering doing a NSG or Tidus Only Challenge.

Years
  • I like FFX, if only for the grid system. I just love blasting though it with weapons that increase experience and teaching a character everything you can. I also love customizing weapons. It makes the game rather fun. The battle system's probably the best turn-based system I've played in. The story and characters are good. I tend to raise everyone evenly at first, until I can start leveling up faster, in which case, I pick and choose characters. My higher-level file uses Tidus, Yuna, and Rikku right now. It's pretty awesome, although Rikku is way behind.

I own FFX-2 but have yet to play it. I'm not sure why I haven't started. Perhaps I've heard too many bad things about it. No matter what I do, I just can't get motivated to play it. :/ But I also have that problem with Phoenix Wright, and I've only heard good things about it, so who knows. :/

AngelicExcalibur -- Actually, I think you need a Level 2 sphere to break into Yuna's grid. O: But I like how easy it is to mold Kimahri into whatever you want. This time, I'm trying to make him a spellcaster. I hope it works. @_@;

Years
  • It's not that hard if you're superleveled. Just get some good items to power up your weapons or look for the ultimate weapons. Sadly, I'm too lazy for the latter except for Yuna, so I just look for ways to get maximum AP.

I have a sword called Save the Queen for Tidus, which is pretty awesome. You can make it for anyone. It's something like
    Double AP
    Overdrive -> AP
    Double or Triple Overdrive, can't remember which.

It's easy to use. Set your Overdrive mode to Warrior, or whatever mode gets you the most Overdrive; this may vary from character to character. Equip weapon. Get as much overdrive as you can in a battle. Whatever Overdrive you would have gotten goes to your AP, which is already doubled. It gets Sphere levels really fast. I can't even begin to guess how many sphere levels it's given Tidus, and in Omega Dungeon, I usually get at least one sphere level per battle, sometimes more.

I can't remember what you need to make all of that. If you're curious, I can look it up.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • It is triple overdrive. That is what I use to get my points.

I have the celestial weapons on most of my characters.

Years
    • Age 38
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 26, 2007
    Razor, I'm just after you first get Ashe in your party. Right when you are headed to that tomb to get proof of Ashe's identity.

Anyways, I always go the Lulu path with Kimahri because he's really strong with the black mage spells. His MP may not be that great at first, but his Lancet ability makes up for that.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • If you need some help with it feel free to ask. I am quite a way a head.

I have never found lancet to be any good. It never recovers much of anything. I took him down Aurons path.

Years
    • Age 38
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 26, 2007
    Nah, I'll be ok. My problem is I don't like the battle system that well, the whole wait to attack thing bothers me, wasn't as bad in X-2. Anyways, I always found Lancet usefull for me, granted, I used Kimahri mostly when Lulu was weak.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Lulu <3 She's awesome. My team was Yuna, Auron, Tidus, Lulu, and Rikku. I superleveled them all and just breezed through the last third of the game. By the end, I had Lulu & Yuna using both kinds of magic and Tidus & Auron knew each other's techniques. I teleported Rikku around the entire board, and gave her as many as Strength and HP boosts. My favorite Final Fantasy game ever.

Years
    • Age 38
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 26, 2007
    Yeah, Auron and Kimahri are both good. Both have weapons early on with the piercing ability meaning you can hit harder the high defense fiends, and Kimahri can self heal with Lancet pretty well.

Years
    • Age 38
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 26, 2007
    Really, it just depends on whom you think works best for you. I may use as my Mains Auron, Yuna, Tidus, but you could easily find for yourself that Wakka, Lulu and Auron are best. It just depends on whom is more comfortable for you while playing.

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    You definetely want to gain Sphere Points for Tidus, Lulu, Rikku, and Yuna.

Tidus: Simply due to the fact that his -aga series speed spells will save you later on in the game. Besides, you need a fast melee hitter to hit things such as the wolves you often encounter.

Lulu: Her spells will be very useful for boss fights and just about any monster. Bio is awesome when you're in the Sanubia Desert and you're fighting Sand Worms as well.

Rikku: Rikku's speed and her abilities are what makes her my best character. Get her to get a decent amount of HP, STR, and speed. Then you'll be able to do a decent amount of damage once you know most of the Overdrive combinations.

Yuna: The fact she'll be your only healer for quite a while should be enough. When she's done, I recommend getting her into Tidus' or Lulu's section of the Sphere Grid and complete them both.

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    Well then Elusive, when you get her, make sure to learn all the Overdrive combinations. Also compile your Al Bhed Primers whenever possible, expecially on your second playthrough. You get 60x Wings to Discovery or Underdog's Secrets, which make Trio of 9999 or Sunburst.

Oh yea, here's some decent customizations you should apply on Tidus' weapon once you get the Airship.

Tidus
    Triple Overdrive
    Evade-Counter
    Strength +20%
    Break Damage Limit/Break HP Limit

Do that with any of his weapons and you pretty much got a weapon better than his Celestial and Brotherhood.

Back