• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Finished my Pikachu Sculpture!

Tsurera

Sculptor
Years
  • Finished my Pikachu Sculpture. Let me know what you think.

I sculpted the original out of Super Sculpey and then molded and cast him into resin. I then cleaned, primed and painted him. It was a lot of hard work.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • that's amazing. the sculpture is so smooth.
    i have to comment on the side of his head though, it is a little disproportional.
    i hope you make more pokemon sculptures.

Emburn

<3
    Years
  • Thanks, can you please elaborate on the head issue?

In the second picture his head looks more like shaped in than in the first one on the right side. Like the left and right sides just don't look symmetrical. But it is very smooth and the pear-head makes it look cuter :3.

Tsurera

Sculptor
    Years
  • In the second picture his head looks more like shaped in than in the first one on the right side. Like the left and right sides just don't look symmetrical. But it is very smooth and the pear-head makes it look cuter :3.

Oh see what you mean but it's all different angles. He's fairly symmetrical (not 100% but enough I think), his left arm is raised and touching his face, so it wouldn't make sense if it didn't affect his face a little.

Here's some pics I took right now. I couldn't quite get the angles to match (While taking the pics), but I figured it's close enough.

If you still think it's off that's okay, it's good for me to know.

Last edited:

ChipmunkGamingInc.

Owner of Chipmunk Gaming Inc.
    Years
  • Holy wowz, how long did that take you?!? I could never dream of doing something that awesome!! And it does look a little un-symmetrical on the right side of the head from the front veiw, but that's probably just because you can see his right ear's base, and not the left.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Very impressive. The detail you got on such a small model is really great. Out of curiosity, what material is it made of? It looks too textural to be polymer and it looks too soft to be clay (but that could just be my computer).

What Pokemon is next for you? :)

Tsurera

Sculptor
    Years
  • Thanks. I sculpted the original out of polymer clay. I then molded and cast it into resin.

Next thing I'm working on right now is a Moogle (From Final Fantasy) Not sure what Pokemon I'd want to do next.

*Riolu Master*

The Aura Within
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2016
    Yeah the Pikachu does look a little chubby, but that's amazing! I can't even draw a pikachu! Please do more!

Nakala Pri

That is an excellent sculpture! It must have took a lot of patience to get it so perfect! Keep it up! ^^

FraxureGames

The road goes ever on...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2013
    I love the detail around the mouth and nose. The paint job is really clean too! All in all, this is a really professional piece.

Tsurera

Sculptor
    Years
  • I love the detail around the mouth and nose. The paint job is really clean too! All in all, this is a really professional piece.

Thank you very much!

As a side note, if anyone has an idea for a Pokemon to sculpt feel free to let me know.
    My only suggestion is something on the popular side =3

FraxureGames

The road goes ever on...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2013
    Well if you're looking for suggestions, I'd love to see a Skitty. I feel like that would be a fun sculpture to have.

Back