• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Finished my Pikachu Sculpture!

Sliter

Gaijin Trainer
Years
  • Nice styling you did there! I Liked the result! His face make he look funny and cute at the same time xD

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2013
    This is amazing! If you would be interested in making some money from your amazing work, I would love to purchase an Arcanine sculpture for roughly £15-£20. Please get back to me as I would love to hear from you regarding this request.

Great work, keep it up!

Tsurera

Sculptor
    Years
  • Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
    Years
  • I wouldn't worry about it being symmetrical. Nothing in life that's organic is. Symmetry is streamlined, but it's also uninteresting. You don't look at a computer monitor and go "wow! That's amazing!" but you may say that about a seashell.

Point is, don't sweat the small stuff. The sculpture looks great as it is, and really high quality at that. You should be paid for that kind of thing only if you want to be. I won't burden you, though. I'd rather let you do what you do for the sheer fun of doing it.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • Whoa! See this is why I'd love to start making things out of clay! It's so smooth and large o: looks official but at the same time has your style into it. ^^
    Very nice! I'd LOVE to see more :3

If you're looking for suggestions, perhaps you could try Eevee?

Tsurera

Sculptor
    Years
  • I wouldn't worry about it being symmetrical. Nothing in life that's organic is. Symmetry is streamlined, but it's also uninteresting. You don't look at a computer monitor and go "wow! That's amazing!" but you may say that about a seashell.

Point is, don't sweat the small stuff. The sculpture looks great as it is, and really high quality at that. You should be paid for that kind of thing only if you want to be. I won't burden you, though. I'd rather let you do what you do for the sheer fun of doing it.

Thanks, I appreciate that. I know it's not 100% perfect symmetrical, but my thinking was along the same line of yours =)
    Ideally I'd love to get some steady pay out of sculpting. Commissions and a few side projects are what I do right now, but it's all good =D

Keep up all the suggestions, I love to hear them!

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2013
    what kind of paint and brushes did you use for the paint job? name brands? what type of acrylic?

Great job! look ssuper cool

Tsurera

Sculptor
    Years
  • what kind of paint and brushes did you use for the paint job? name brands? what type of acrylic?

Great job! look ssuper cool

Thanks =)
    I used normal Acrylics. Let's see, I used Americana and Folk Art Acrylics. I used whatever paintbrushes worked for what I needed, nothing special. I just bought a cheap bulk pack at Jo-Ann Fabrics (an art store) a long time ago, I use those. I used a matte spray top coat to seal it.

Also thank you to everyone commenting, sorry I don't respond but I don't want to clog up the post with tons of thanking. Just know it's appreciated =)

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2013
    Oh god, look at it's fat cute face. If only I had the faction of talent you have q_q

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2013
    Thanks =)
    I used normal Acrylics. Let's see, I used Americana and Folk Art Acrylics. I used whatever paintbrushes worked for what I needed, nothing special. I just bought a cheap bulk pack at Jo-Ann Fabrics (an art store) a long time ago, I use those. I used a matte spray top coat to seal it.

Also thank you to everyone commenting, sorry I don't respond but I don't want to clog up the post with tons of thanking. Just know it's appreciated =)

Cool I will try my hand at some of my own. Won't look anywhere near as good as yours though!

Raikou

bolt-action thunder
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Nov 12, 2015
    Oh gosh, that's so adorable!! It's very professional looking, too. :D

Sinjuda

Newbie Breeder
    Years
  • This is very well made. The smile is defiantly my favorite aspect of it. Keep up the good work!! Did you just create it from your mind or did you have some sort of sketch?

Tsurera

Sculptor
    Years
  • This is very well made. The smile is defiantly my favorite aspect of it. Keep up the good work!! Did you just create it from your mind or did you have some sort of sketch?

Thanks. I just used a bunch of reference, and chose a position that was typical for Pikachu to be in =)

Back