• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[FINISHED] The PokéTrivia Ice Cream Blowout!

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    "Bluffing is everything in this world!" Oh, I'm getting there alright. Just watch me! ;)

No worries about the fishing rod, haha?I was only teasing ya! ^_^

Hmmm... *takes note of post count* Maybe I'll do just that! ;)

No but seriously, I was gonna use my posts to buy things for others anyway. :D

On an unrelated note, my brother?s father in law(no idea what relation that makes it for me... same deal?) passed away last night. Sad really seeing as the birthday of my sister in law(my brother?s wife) is next Wednesday and the Father in law?s anniversary is next month also. Kind of a double whammy.

Oh Code, I'm sorry to hear of his passing. :( I hope you and your family are holding up okay. Many blessings. <3

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
    Hmmm... *takes note of post count* Maybe I'll do just that! ;)

No but seriously, I was gonna use my posts to buy things for others anyway. :D

Oh Code, I'm sorry to hear of his passing. :( I hope you and your family are holding up okay. Many blessings. <3

Eh we?re doing ok. We knew he wasn?t doing well since he?s basically been in and out of the hospital for over a year. First cancer, then Heart surgery that ultimately led to infections that his body couldn?t fight off. Being retired Navy, he?ll get a Military honor guard at his burial. No idea when or where the funeral will be but I can?t go because I have to update my Drivers License to Real ID in order to fly.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
    Contest ends 27 hours if I did the time conversion right(since you're 15 hours ahead of me, its almost 9pm your time on July 30th while its OMG its early 6am for me(if you didn't get that joke, search Robin Williams Good Morning Vietnam... enough said). With that being said, can I get an update so I know what lead I have for the final push?

Years
    I'm very late in the game but I just recently got back from vacation and now I actually have time to participate!

I've added a few more and will continue to do so as I post more times. :) (Score of 11 so far)

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

Years
    Alright everyone, time's ticking and the Get-Together will soon come to a close! Be sure to update all your scores before then! :) Tomorrow is going to be a busy day for me, so if I'm not available to update the board, give Epilogue a nudge, won't you? :D

Also, don't forget that you can still request items or hire an outlaw for Fire Type Emblem!

Spoiler:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
    Alright everyone, time's ticking and the Get-Together will soon come to a close! Be sure to update all your scores before then! :) Tomorrow is going to be a busy day for me, so if I'm not available to update the board, give Epilogue a nudge, won't you? :D

Also, don't forget that you can still request items or hire an outlaw for Fire Type Emblem!

Give me and Five lucky souls in FTE Oran Berries(you get to pick) = 60 points
    Give me and one lucky soul Pecha Berries(thinking Rinnia due to her Fairy Typing) = 30 points
    One Pinkan Berry to a random person(You get to decide whom you want to be Pink) = 30 points

That spends my 120 points and any I have left over give to me in a Pokemon Gift Certificate.

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

Years
    Oh whoops, I accidentally pinged FTE members who aren't in this event, haha. ^_^; Sorry guys!

@Code the points don't necessarily work like that but whatevs, I'll just wing it!

If only Sven (Guardian) were playing, I'd give him the Pinkan Berry in a heartbeat... xD

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
    Oh whoops, I accidentally pinged FTE members who aren't in this event, haha. ^_^; Sorry guys!

@Code the points don't necessarily work like that but whatevs, I'll just wing it!

If only Sven (Guardian) were playing, I'd give him the Pinkan Berry in a heartbeat... xD

I have 120 points.... how the heck am I going to spend them all....

Years
    Think I'll actually change my item of choice to a Lum Berry. I'll get two more posts probably tonight. Status effects were a concern early on in our battles, but they did not happen. Some extra insurance would be nice.

Hyzenthlay

Years
    I have 120 points.... how the heck am I going to spend them all....

Think I'll actually change my item of choice to a Lum Berry. I'll get two more posts probably tonight. Status effects were a concern early on in our battles, but they did not happen. Some extra insurance would be nice.

Hey guys, let me just give a quick explanation on how it works! (I might not be great at explaining it considering the time, haha.)

Items cannot be stacked, so you can only buy one of each. Let's just say Tails has 15 posts; that makes him eligible to buy both the Pecha Berry and the Suspicious Ice Cream if he chooses, but because he's earned more than 10 points, he can also buy the Oran Berry! So if you have tons of points (which means many items to spare) you could always send one of each to a teammate, they just can't be stacked. :) Otherwise it'd be a bit OP if say, Code gave everyone a Jetpack, haha.

Example:
    For Felix, I will buy a Jetpack, the Suspicious Ice Cream, a Pinkan Berry and maybe something else (Running Shoes if I can manage).
    For Windmill I will buy a Fishing Rod (because Revise isn't whole without one xD).
    For several others, I will buy everything in between!

Hopefully that clears up any ambiguity!

Years
    Oh, in that case, I can buy both an Oran Berry and a Lum Berry for myself in that case. I was treating the posts as money. lol

Years
    So just to clear things up, since I am at 20+ points, I can buy any and every item once for myself that is 20 points or below (as in, I could buy one each of the Oran, Pecha, and Lum Berries, the Ice Cream, Escape Orb, Slow Wand, and Stick, but only five different items)?

As in, I could actually buy the Oran, Pecha, and Lum Berries, plus the Escape Orb and the Slow Wand? (just as an example, I might end up buying 4 items since I might grab an item soon in the original FTE unless I faint.)

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
    I think it doesn't quite work like that Tails. I believe it works just like if you were buying items from a PokeMart. You have X Cash so you can buy only what you can afford only in this case its based on Ice Cream points. I have 140+ so I can buy the expensive Running Shoes(which honestly I don't need with 6 movement. Jetpack though for Fly would help a bit). If I got the Shoes, I'd have 40 points left. The maximum amount of items we can hold is five but it doesn't mean we can't buy items for others. I don't think I can reach 180 or I'd buy both the Shoes and Jetpack because mobility is underrated.

The Foogle

Gone For Good
    Years

Spoiler:

Hyzenthlay

Years
    So just to clear things up, since I am at 20+ points, I can buy any and every item once for myself that is 20 points or below (as in, I could buy one each of the Oran, Pecha, and Lum Berries, the Ice Cream, Escape Orb, Slow Wand, and Stick, but only five different items)?

As in, I could actually buy the Oran, Pecha, and Lum Berries, plus the Escape Orb and the Slow Wand? (just as an example, I might end up buying 4 items since I might grab an item soon in the original FTE unless I faint.)

Yup, you can buy each of those items once! Even if there are too many to fit in Coral's inventory, you can always choose to donate something to another team member who might find it handy. :) Then they can always pass it on to someone else during the game. There's bound to be a storage system available soon, as well.

I think it doesn't quite work like that Tails. I believe it works just like if you were buying items from a PokeMart. You have X Cash so you can buy only what you can afford only in this case its based on Ice Cream points. I have 140+ so I can buy the expensive Running Shoes(which honestly I don't need with 6 movement. Jetpack though for Fly would help a bit). If I got the Shoes, I'd have 40 points left. The maximum amount of items we can hold is five but it doesn't mean we can't buy items for others. I don't think I can reach 180 or I'd buy both the Shoes and Jetpack because mobility is underrated.

Actually, the special thing about this shop is that it doesn't quite work like money. :P Future Kecleon shops will though (which is all down to Lycan). By reaching 100+ points you sort of earn the Running Shoes, but don't necessarily have to take them. If you do take them, that doesn't mean you can't also get the Jetpack, though!

So yeah, once you guys have chosen your items, just let me know! Don't forget about the outlaws, either. ;)

Hyzenthlay

Years
    Time to go ping-happy again. Less than 2 hours remain before this event finishes! If you have any last minute updates to make, now is the time to do them. ^_^

Also, while you're here, I'd just like to give a special thanks to everyone who participated! This Get-Together has been a great new experience for me, which I owe to our amazing community. :) You guys are the best. ?

Spoiler:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
    Well... in that case... I'm definitely taking Running Shoes and Jetpack for myself. The reason why is because +1 Movement and Flying mobility is extremely useful to a Fire Type. Then to finish my inventory out, give me an Oran Berry, Pecha Berry(for anti-Poison) and mysterious Ice Cream for an Ice Attack that also does Poison. Figure I can use that against Dragons/Flying/Ground Types :)

As for other members in FTE, Running Shoes to Janp our Slakoth is recommended(bringing him up to 5 movement) and Oran Berries for everyone(why not). Regarding Enemy Combatant, give me a Skarmory(Steel/Flying Type).

Years
    If what CodeHelmet mentioned in his post above actually happens for everyone, I'll buy an Oran Barry, Lum Berry, Escape Orb, and the Slow Wand, and I mean it this time. Never hurts, imo, to have some extra healing items, and a tiny bit of utility.

Resolve

I have it
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 2, 2020
    If it's not too late for me, I'll be buying a Fishing Rod.

i'd buy an escape orb too if i posted more

Back