• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[FINISHED] The PokéTrivia Ice Cream Blowout!

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
    Just 16 points? I'm a disgrace.

Well if you made FTE Ice Cream, perhaps you?d done better. Besides weren?t you hosting like 2-3 events? Seems there?s a pattern between that and not doing much in other events they were participating in(Clover being the exception apparently).

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    The weather's been playing havoc with my connection, haha. Pardon my delay, everyone!

Drum roll, please! It's time to announce the winners!

? Placing 3rd on our scoreboard at an impressive 64 points is Resolve! For the Get-Together, you earn a Normalium Z (20 points) for your team, as well as a completed VPP of your choice, plus 100 VPP points!

? At 2nd place (having failed miserably at kicking Code's butt in this event) is none other than yours truly, with a score of 81 points! That earns me a Buginium Z (50 points) for Team Fini, combined with a completed VPP, 1 Mega Stone and 150 VPP points!

? And finally... the winner of our ice cream challenge, leading the scoreboard with 145 points is... CodeHelmet! Congratulations for achieving 1st place! This earns Team Lele a Snorlium Z (200 points), while you personally win a rare Legendary VPP! Not to mention 1 Mega Stone and 200 VPP points!

It doesn't end there. As promised, all participants are guaranteed a completed Shiny Vanillite VPP in honour of this event. :D

Again, thank you all so much! It's been a blast to have you with us! ?
    ?Clover

Hyzenthlay

Years
    As for other members in FTE, Running Shoes to Janp our Slakoth is recommended(bringing him up to 5 movement) and Oran Berries for everyone(why not). Regarding Enemy Combatant, give me a Skarmory(Steel/Flying Type).

Ah, I'm afraid the one item each rule means you can't buy Janp Running Shoes if you're purchasing them for yourself, and the same goes for Oran Berries. :s If you take a look at the list of items I will be purchasing (at the bottom of this post, not my old one), then that should give you a better example of how things work! Feel free to then make your final decision, there's no rush. Well, unless everyone's eager to get their items! :P

If it's not too late for me, I'll be buying a Fishing Rod.

i'd buy an escape orb too if i posted more

You can buy both of those!

Alright so:

CodeHelmet: Running Shoes, Jetpack, Oran Berry, Pecha Berry, Suspicious Ice Cream

TailsMK4: Oran Barry, Lum Berry, Escape Orb, Slow Wand

Resolve: Fishing Rod, Escape Orb

Hyzenthlay: Jetpack, Pinkan Berry, Suspicious Ice Cream

Plus I'm sending:
    • Fishing Rod to Windmill
    • Escape Orb to Krakanos
    • Gravelerock to Nah
    • Poison Spike to Glacier
    • Corsola Twig to Meta
    • Oran Berry to Cuddles
    • Lum Berry to Elwind
    • Pecha Berry to Mercy
    • Pok? Doll to Rinnia
    • Slow Wand to Mags
    • Wand of Zapping to Priscilla

If you look through my list, you'll notice that I cannot send more than 1 of the same item (even to different members). So keep this example in mind. :P

Just 16 points? I'm a disgrace.

Nah, you already had your hands full! If I were in your shoes, I probably wouldn't have managed any more than that, haha. ^_^;

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
    Ah, I'm afraid the one item each rule means you can't buy Janp Running Shoes if you're purchasing them for yourself, and the same goes for Oran Berries. :s If you take a look at the list of items I will be purchasing (at the bottom of this post, not my old one), then that should give you a better example of how things work! Feel free to then make your final decision, there's no rush. Well, unless everyone's eager to get their items! :P

You can buy both of those!

Alright so:

CodeHelmet: Running Shoes, Jetpack, Oran Berry, Pecha Berry, Suspicious Ice Cream

TailsMK4: Oran Barry, Lum Berry, Escape Orb, Slow Wand

Resolve: Fishing Rod, Escape Orb

Hyzenthlay: Jetpack, Pinkan Berry, Suspicious Ice Cream

Plus I'm sending:
    • Fishing Rod to Windmill
    • Escape Orb to Krakanos
    • Gravelerock to Nah
    • Poison Spike to Glacier
    • Corsola Twig to Meta
    • Oran Berry to Cuddles
    • Lum Berry to Elwind
    • Pecha Berry to Mercy
    • Pok? Doll to Rinnia
    • Slow Wand to Mags
    • Wand of Zapping to Priscilla

If you look through my list, you'll notice that I cannot send more than 1 of the same item (even to different members). So keep this example in mind. :P

Nah, you already had your hands full! If I were in your shoes, I probably wouldn't have managed any more than that, haha. ^_^;

In that case, I?m strongly debating sending the Running shoes Janp?s way. 5 movement for a Sloth with Truant would have far greater impact than me having 7 movement. Jet pack alone opens up more areas for me to go and if I send the shoes to Janp, what to replace it with. I think I?ll go with a Pinkan Berry since Jigglypix inspired it.

Years
    Wow I opened this thread after long time and see this discussion. Also I can buy something, that's great. And you probably already know what I'll buy... That's right, one Dynamite please, Mr. Kecleon.

The Foogle

Gone For Good
    Years
    The weather's been playing havoc with my connection, haha. Pardon my delay, everyone!

? Placing 3rd on our scoreboard at an impressive 64 points is Resolve! For the Get-Together, you earn a Normalium Z (20 points) for your team, as well as a completed VPP of your choice, plus 100 VPP points!

? At 2nd place (having failed miserably at kicking Code's butt in this event) is none other than yours truly, with a score of 81 points! That earns me a Buginium Z (50 points) for Team Fini, combined with a completed VPP, 1 Mega Stone and 150 VPP points!

? And finally... the winner of our ice cream challenge, leading the scoreboard with 145 points is... CodeHelmet! Congratulations for achieving 1st place! This earns Team Lele a Snorlium Z (200 points), while you personally win a rare Legendary VPP! Not to mention 1 Mega Stone and 200 VPP points!

It doesn't end there. As promised, all participants are guaranteed a completed Shiny Vanillite VPP in honour of this event. :D

?Clover

Whew, Hyzen can finally stop pinging me!

Just sitting here swap breeding waiting for the get together to be finished so Nah can help me competitive battle

Whatever tapu wins that's not Koko I'm releasing it immediately

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years

?Clover

I do have one comment and that is by being the host of the event, correct me if I?m wrong, you?re ineligible for the Buginium-Z and the points that lie within for Tribe Fini. As a result, the points would slide down a spot in the rankings whereas you can retain the VPP rewards for placing 2nd.

Last edited:
    Years
    Silly Clover... I'm certain that hosts are ineligible for the scoreboard.

I didn't mind not making Top 3 this time around since I did win a previous event of this kind (emblems page on my profile is evidence of that), but at least I feel proud for still sharing the honours with Code for getting all the WTP puzzles correct.

Code is nice friend and I enjoy talking to him, so I feel he definitely deserved this as his first ever win in a GT event.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
    Fishing Rod to Windmill

omg you're the best <333

Is it okay if I buy the following for our team? I skimmed through the FTE thread to check everyone's inventory space, while also taking into account any purchases from this thread!

Cuddles - Pinkan Berry
    Mags - Corsola Twig
    Meta - Gravelerock
    Mercy - Stick
    Glacier - Lum Berry
    Elwind - Poison Spike
    Priscilla - Slow Wand
    Nah - Pok? Doll
    Krakonos - Escape Orb
    Rinnia - Pecha Berry
    Hit - Wand of Zapping
    Felix - Oran Berry
    Windmill - Suspicious Ice Cream

All of these items cost less than 40 ice cream points, I think! ^^;

Hyzenthlay

Years
    I do have one comment and that is by being the host of the event, correct me if I?m wrong, you?re ineligible for the Buginium-Z and the points that lie within for Tribe Fini. As a result, the points would slide down a spot in the rankings whereas you can retain the VPP rewards for placing 2nd.

Silly Clover... I'm certain that hosts are ineligible for the scoreboard.

You saw right through me. :(

Just kidding?thanks for bringing it to my attention! I'll properly correct that once I've consulted gimmepie on a couple of matters. :)

omg you're the best <333

Spoiler:

Eep, too much cuteness! Excuse me while I gush over this Rowlet!

Is it okay if I buy the following for our team? I skimmed through the FTE thread to check everyone's inventory space, while also taking into account any purchases from this thread!

Cuddles - Pinkan Berry
    Mags - Corsola Twig
    Meta - Gravelerock
    Mercy - Stick
    Glacier - Lum Berry
    Elwind - Poison Spike
    Priscilla - Slow Wand
    Nah - Pok? Doll
    Krakonos - Escape Orb
    Rinnia - Pecha Berry
    Hit - Wand of Zapping
    Felix - Oran Berry
    Windmill - Suspicious Ice Cream

All of these items cost less than 40 ice cream points, I think! ^^;

Yup, these all check out! Also we are making Cuddles eat that Pinkan Berry. xD

Years
    You saw right through me. :(

Just kidding?thanks for bringing it to my attention! I'll properly correct that once I've consulted gimmepie on a couple of matters. :)

I'm not sure if you're already talked to GP, but at the start of Get-Together, we agreed on letting event organizers to gain points from their events as long as they don't have advantage over other users. In this case you can gain points.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
    YESSS. True to form, Cuddles will emanate with a pink-ish aura, just like in Choice Quest! ;D

Everyone seems to gloss over the fact I might be getting one too. No love for the Pink Vulpix? I see how it is... don?t be surprised if Mozilla doesn?t lay down a Fire Spin that engulfs you as collateral damage.

Hyzenthlay

Years
    Everyone seems to gloss over the fact I might be getting one too. No love for the Pink Vulpix? I see how it is... don't be surprised if Mozilla doesn't lay down a Fire Spin that engulfs you as collateral damage.

Like the description says, "be careful what you wish for"! You might just end up with... Slowpix instead!

Yup, it's official. :3c

Hyzenthlay

Years
    But Slowpix is the perfect mascot for a member of team :15:

;)

Also, it looks like I'll be winning those 50 points for Fini after all! :P

Years
    Just kidding—thanks for bringing it to my attention! I'll properly correct that once I've consulted gimmepie on a couple of matters. :)

It wouldn't be right to give hosts an unfair advantage. That's why Kip and HeroLinik were ineligible for their scores to count in the Egg Swap, but they still allowed trades with them for free points.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
    It's a shame it only does Kanto. Who knows what I'd do to Shinx...

It wouldn't be right to give hosts an unfair advantage. That's why Kip and HeroLinik were ineligible for their scores to count in the Egg Swap, but they still allowed trades with them for free points.
    While that's true when it comes to an event such as Egg Swap, I don't think Clover has had any advantage in the Ice Cream Blowout. If anything, she was at a disadvantage for having to take time to host WTP puzzles, without being able to score points for them herself.

Hyzenthlay

Years

I was going to say that Shinx will be cute to me no matter what face you plaster onto it—thanks for proving my point! ;) Seriously though, we should include that generator in the morphing thread! (If you can bare how slow it is, aha.)

As Lycan said, it's okay for this event since I didn't have any advantage over others!

Back