• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Emblem (and once again).

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I got to give my friend a rundown of the Fire Emblem in history during gym today. I was pretty happy. It's fun to tell people how much they're missing out on, with the US only having three games.

My friend has Path of Radiance. I'm going to have to borrow it soon. Or steal it. Let's just hope it doesn't come to the latter.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Every time I loan Rekka no Ken to someone, they give it back almost immediately because they say it's too boring. Even the best gamers at school can't seem to get past the first few chapters, which I really don't understand...you'd think there would be more people who appreciate turn-based strategy, but apparently not. I'm the only person I know IRL who's ever beaten it...in fact, I've only ever known one other person who's even owned it, and they told me they gave up because they couldn't get past Pale Flower of Darkness because of the Bishop with Purge <_<;

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    In some ways, Fire Emblem is too slow and difficult for people to appreciate. It's too bad it's skimmed over, as it's worth every second put in. That's a generalization for all the games. It does take awhile to get the hang of it though.

When I bought FE7, I actually thought it was comparable to Zelda: Four Swords. I was quite surprised when I was confronted with a battlefield, and chess like pieces. Took awhile to get used to it. It hooked me early on though. That was right up my alley, so I spent like six straight hours playing it.

What else did I have to do while driving up to Canada though? Then I played it on the plane to our rented cabin thing. Good times.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Paul said:
    In some ways, Fire Emblem is too slow and difficult for people to appreciate. It's too bad it's skimmed over, as it's worth every second put in. That's a generalization for all the games. It does take awhile to get the hang of it though.

When I bought FE7, I actually thought it was comparable to Zelda: Four Swords. I was quite surprised when I was confronted with a battlefield, and chess like pieces. Took awhile to get used to it. It hooked me early on though. That was right up my alley, so I spent like six straight hours playing it.

More than a while, actually; it took me three entire playthroughs to get an expert feel for it, and even longer to know how to fine-tune my units to perfection. Funny thing is, every time I loan it to someone I forget to advise them to begin with Lyn's story, because I'll get distressed phone calls of "whyzit startx0r on teh chatperr 11>? ;o;" and I'll have to explain that they've gone horribly wrong. Ironically, even though they want to know where chapters 1-10 are, they want to play even less after realizing the game is longer than it actually is.

I was also surprised when I found out it was turn-based strategy (I imagined that it would just be Roy or Marth (yes, FE n00b days) slashing their way through enemies for the entire game), but it turned out to be far better than that. I'm of the opinion that turn-based games are far better than real-time now <_<;

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • Lets see, before I actually learned how the game works completely, I:

1) Played it for a week and stopped playing.

2) Picked it up again 2 months later and restarted.

3) Repeated steps 1 and 2.

4) By this point I had a good understanding of its mechanics, and got into it.

5) The Sacred Stones soon came out, and I bought that.

6) Then Path of Radiance came out, and this is where I really learned how to play well.

Now, speaking of PoR... What's the point in giving a Sage the ability to use knives?

Years
  • An absolute waste...>>

I dislike how they make the Sage prepromotes have the ability to use knives and not staves. Calil could've been something... though Bastian sucks no matter what.

And yeah... who here uses both Rei and Sophia in FE6, even though there's only one S level tome? XD

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    i do until the final level. now if i decided to S staves on 1 of em then i woulda had one of em use Holy Maiden XD

Years
  • Oh, that's a good idea. I would give Rei Apocalypse and Sophia would get Holy Maiden...

You know what's frustrating? I've been wanting, for months, to write a ReixSophia fanfic. I just have so much work that I don't have enough time... XD

Roy-Kun

t i t l e g o e s h e r e
    Years
  • Akinari said:
    Oh, that's a good idea. I would give Rei Apocalypse and Sophia would get Holy Maiden...

You know what's frustrating? I've been wanting, for months, to write a ReixSophia fanfic. I just have so much work that I don't have enough time... XD
    Dude! I did that! =o

Actually, more frustrating is not seeing a RoyxLilina and ReixSophia Fanfic/Fan art (but good ones) o.o

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • There's not nearly enough FE fanart on the internet in general. Niko's shown me some good ones before but the amount is disturbingly piddling. Usually when I find something it's a crappy image of Lyn or Eliwood that looks like it was done by a ten-year-old with crayons...argh...

Back