• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Yes, indeedy!

You can use the Second Seal anytime you have it - in a battle map, she has to be holding it as one of her items though, or you can bring her next to Chrom, and she can look inside the convoy, if you've put it inside there. Otherwise, yeah, you can do it anytime.

Um, the easiest way to grind is with a DLC map called the EXPonential Growth, but the thing is as you might of already guessed, it's a DLC map - it costs money. Otherwise, try to stack up on an item called the Reeking Box, and it'll bring one of those Risen to a random spot on the World Map to fight with.

If you want to try and level up weaker characters, what I do is let them have the killing blow; let your stronger units try to 'soften up' the enemies first, and then, once you think they're low enough on HP, let your weaker units deliver the finishing blow, which will give them more EXP. Hope that makes sense. C:

I figured out the Reeking Box before you replied and used it and just put in Miriel, Ricken, Frederick, and Lissa and now Miriel and Ricken are both level 16. If I used a Second Seal on Miriel or Ricken, what would happen? I think I have two of them. Who should I use it on?

Just to let you know, my planned pairings are:

Chrom & Olivia
    Lissa & Vaike
    Maribelle & Henry
    Sully & Donnel
    Sumia & Frederick
    Cordelia & Stahl
    Panne & Lon'qu
    Miriel & Ricken
    Tharja & Libra
    Nowi & Kallam
    Crossed off the ones that are already married

So if that gives you any ideas on what to do, considering the default role or whatever they're called these guys are in to get them the best children!!

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    I figured out the Reeking Box before you replied and used it and just put in Miriel, Ricken, Frederick, and Lissa and now Miriel and Ricken are both level 16. If I used a Second Seal on Miriel or Ricken, what would happen? I think I have two of them. Who should I use it on?

If you use the Second Seal on Miriel, you'll get a chose of her either being a Troubadour or a Dark Mage, whiiiich.. letter her be a Dark mage isn't bad if you want to have her go for a Dark Knight because she'll get this ability that lets her heal about half the HP she as dealt towards an enemy she defeats, but, what I'd do is let her be a Sage first, so she'll get even more Mag stats, and THEN you can use the Second Seal to let her be a Dark Knight (which I forgot to mention, you can even use a second seal on promoted units to change into other promoted classes if they're level 10).

Ricken, you can choose between a Cavalier or a Archer, I think. Letting him being a Cavalier.. it's not bad, if you're purely looking to get the skills on being a Great Knight or a Paladin, because Great Knight has the Luna skill, and a Paladin has the Aegis skill, which are both really useful, so, you can ompt between either of them really, but the thing is, Ricken doesn't have as much strength, so, I wouldn't recommend him staying those classes, longer than you need to. Being an Archer? Personally, I don't think you'll get much use from it, and the related classes, so, I'd say skip o nthat one.

Chrom & Olivia
    Lissa & Vaike
    Maribelle & Henry
    Sully & Donnel
    Sumia & Frederick
    Cordelia & Stahl
    Panne & Lon'qu
    Miriel & Ricken
    Tharja & Libra
    Nowi & Kallam

So if that gives you any ideas on what to do, considering the default role or whatever they're called these guys are in to get them the best children!!

Yeah, those aren't too bad; another thing I should tell you though, is that you have to be aware on the father too, because fathers can let their children have classes that they can't normally get, even if the parent can't get them too. Like in your case, Sully & Donnel - Sully can't be a Pegasus Knight, so she won't be able to pass it on to her daughter. Fortunately! You're planning to marry Sully with Donnel, in which if Donnel has a daughter, (in your case, he will), the daughter will be able to get a Pegasus Knight class, if you choose to reclass her, and yeah, you'll be able to get a Dark Flier to get the Galeforce skill.

So yeaaaaaah! o/

By the way, do you mind if I merge your thread with the current Fire Emblem Awakening discussion? I think it can serve better on there~

Years

Chrom & Olivia
    Lissa & Vaike
    Maribelle & Henry
    Sully & Donnel
    Sumia & Frederick
    Cordelia & Stahl
    Panne & Lon'qu
    Miriel & Ricken
    Tharja & Libra
    Nowi & Kallam

I did Corelia and Stahl in my second play through, their kid is epic on mine.
    AvitarxCherche should work out cool as well.

I wouldn't bother second sealing Miriel or Ricken. save those second seals for units that can become Dark fliers (Olivia, Lissa, Marribelle, Sumia and Cordelia for the Galeforce ability (to pass it on to kids).

If you don't want to use money on Reeking box's you can use wifi bonus box to summon armies from older games.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    If you use the Second Seal on Miriel, you'll get a chose of her either being a Troubadour or a Dark Mage, whiiiich.. letter her be a Dark mage isn't bad if you want to have her go for a Dark Knight because she'll get this ability that lets her heal about half the HP she as dealt towards an enemy she defeats, but, what I'd do is let her be a Sage first, so she'll get even more Mag stats, and THEN you can use the Second Seal to let her be a Dark Knight (which I forgot to mention, you can even use a second seal on promoted units to change into other promoted classes if they're level 10).

Ricken, you can choose between a Cavalier or a Archer, I think. Letting him being a Cavalier.. it's not bad, if you're purely looking to get the skills on being a Great Knight or a Paladin, because Great Knight has the Luna skill, and a Paladin has the Aegis skill, which are both really useful, so, you can ompt between either of them really, but the thing is, Ricken doesn't have as much strength, so, I wouldn't recommend him staying those classes, longer than you need to. Being an Archer? Personally, I don't think you'll get much use from it, and the related classes, so, I'd say skip o nthat one.

Yeah, those aren't too bad; another thing I should tell you though, is that you have to be aware on the father too, because fathers can let their children have classes that they can't normally get, even if the parent can't get them too. Like in your case, Sully & Donnel - Sully can't be a Pegasus Knight, so she won't be able to pass it on to her daughter. Fortunately! You're planning to marry Sully with Donnel, in which if Donnel has a daughter, (in your case, he will), the daughter will be able to get a Pegasus Knight class, if you choose to reclass her, and yeah, you'll be able to get a Dark Flier to get the Galeforce skill.

So yeaaaaaah! o/

By the way, do you mind if I merge your thread with the current Fire Emblem Awakening discussion? I think it can serve better on there~
    Are those classes magic based? Their magic is their highest ones, and I want to keep it that way since they kill most of the enemies with just one hit. And if they're paired up, they work really well together. I fear if I change Ricken to a Cavalier or something, that'll go away because his magic is his highest one. I think that's how it works?

But if Miriel is on her own, her defense is really low and she gets killed the most out of all of my guys, so I have to reset since I don't want to lose her. How do I get her to become a stage? I remember before I reset there was another thing like the Second Seal. A Master Seal or something? I can't remember. Is that what I have to use?

How does Donnel pass on the Pagasus Knight class if he's a he?

Also whatever you feel is best.

I did Corelia and Stahl in my seconnd play through, their kid is epic on mine.
    AvitarxCherche should work out cool as well.

I wouldn't bother second sealing Miriel or Ricken. save those second seals for units that can become Dark fliers (Olivia, Lissa, Marribelle, Sumia and Cordelia for the Galeforce ability (to pass it on to kids).

If you don't want to use money on Reeking box's you can use wifi bonus box to summon armies from older games.
    I don't know what that means or how to make them become dark fliers or what Galeforce is.

Years
    I don't know what that means or how to make them become dark fliers or what Galeforce is.

Ok Dark Fliers are an alternate promotion (using the master seal) for pegasus knight, they get to use magic as well as lances, but they learn Galeforce at level 15 which is a Ability which lets a unit have another move if they kill an enemy on their first attack (so a unit can effectively have two turns). Hope that helps.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Ok Dark Fliers are an alternate promotion (using the master seal) for pegasus knight, they get to use magic as well as lances, but they learn Galeforce at level 15 which is a Ability which lets a unit have another move if they kill an enemy on their first attack (so a unit can effectively have two turns). Hope that helps.
    I used a second seal on Lissa and turned her into a Pegasus Knight since the only options were between that, and some thing on a horse. I can't remember the name for it.

And now I looked in my inventory and I have four master seals.

What are they for? It says promotes a base class at lv 10 to an advanced class. What does that mean? I have a few characters at level 10. Should I use that on them? What happens after that? Do they go back to level 1? I noticed Libra starts off at level 1, but he's pretty strong and has some pretty good stats for someone whose level 1. Like Frederick did at the beginning of the game.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I used a second seal on Lissa and turned her into a Pegasus Knight since the only options were between that, and some thing on a horse. I can't remember the name for it.

What are they for? It says promotes a base class at lv 10 to an advanced class. What does that mean? I have a few characters at level 10. Should I use that on them? What happens after that? Do they go back to level 1? I noticed Libra starts off at level 1, but he's pretty strong and has some pretty good stats for someone whose level 1. Like Frederick did at the beginning of the game.
    There's basically 2 tiers of classes in Fire Emblem: base classes and advanced classes. Advanced ones are just better versions of the base ones. Think of them as the more experienced/seasoned version of the base class. Frederick and Libra start off in an advanced class (Great Knight and War Monk, respectively), which is why they seem so strong for low level guys.

The level cap is 20 in FE. So in order to keep getting stronger, you have to use a Master Seal to upgrade to the next class. The unit will go back to level 1 but keep their stats and get a stat boost. The game does let you promote them at level 10 if you want that boost sooner rather than later, and you'll get access to the advanced class skills sooner.

Does that help? I'm not sure if I explained that well or not.....

Years

Yeah you made the right choice with Lissa (the other thing on a horse was a troubadour like Marribelle ).

A Master Seal promotes a unit from its base class to an advanced class. Your best off waiting till your units reach level 20 before using them (if you use earlier units miss out on stat boosts from leveling up).
    When they become an advanced class they start off at level one again (but are more powerful because of the boost the promotion gives them).
    Your right about Frederick and Libra being strong but a level one as they both start off as Advanced classes (Fredrick is a Great Knight which promotes from Cavalier or Knight, whist Libra is a War Monk whihk promotes from Priest).

For example Chrom starts of as Lord (as his base class) wait till he reaches level 20 (and it will say max and he will no longer get xp points) then use the master seal, select Great Lord (an advanced class) and he will start back at level one and can gain xp again. :)

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    There's basically 2 tiers of classes in Fire Emblem: base classes and advanced classes. Advanced ones are just better versions of the base ones. Think of them as the more experienced/seasoned version of the base class. Frederick and Libra start off in an advanced class (Great Knight and War Monk, respectively), which is why they seem so strong for low level guys.

The level cap is 20 in FE. So in order to keep getting stronger, you have to use a Master Seal to upgrade to the next class. The unit will go back to level 1 but keep their stats and get a stat boost. The game does let you promote them at level 10 if you want that boost sooner rather than later, and you'll get access to the advanced class skills sooner.

Does that help? I'm not sure if I explained that well or not.....

Yeah you made the right choice with Lissa (the other thing on a horse was a troubadour like Marribelle ).

A Master Seal promotes a unit from its base class to an advanced class. Your best off waiting till your units reach level 20 before using them (if you use earlier units miss out on stat boosts from leveling up).
    When they become an advanced class they start off at level one again (but are more powerful because of the boost the promotion gives them).
    Your right about Frederick and Libra being strong but a level one as they both start off as Advanced classes (Fredrick is a Great Knight which promotes from Cavalier or Knight, whist Libra is a War Monk whihk promotes from Priest).

For example Chrom starts of as Lord (as his base class) wait till he reaches level 20 (and it will say max and he will no longer get xp points) then use the master seal, select Great Lord (an advanced class) and he will start back at level one and can gain xp again. :)

Okay so after everyone reaches level 20, use a master seal on them to promote them to an advanced class. And then when they reach level 20 in that class, then they stop growing.

If you want to switch classes, at level 10, use a second seal on them to change their class, and they go back to level one. And then get them to level 20, and use a master seal to promote them to an advanced class on their new class. And then get them to level 20 in their advanced class.

Is that right?

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
    Okay so after everyone reaches level 20, use a master seal on them to promote them to an advanced class. And then when they reach level 20 in that class, then they stop growing.

If you want to switch classes, at level 10, use a second seal on them to change their class, and they go back to level one. And then get them to level 20, and use a master seal to promote them to an advanced class on their new class. And then get them to level 20 in their advanced class.

Is that right?

Yep, you got that right pretty much right. Now the Master Seals only work on classes that can promote, so that sets their level limit at 20 at the base class. Where as the Taguel and Manakete classes are not able to promote, so their level limit is 30.

Years

Is that right?

Yep, you got that right pretty much right. Now the Master Seals only work on classes that can promote, so that sets their level limit at 20 at the base class. Where as the Taguel and Manakete classes are not able to promote, so their level limit is 30.

Like Judge has said your spot on.

Villigers and Dancers can also go to level 30

Villagers are the exception (only Donnell starts as a villager) they can go all the way to level 30 but its pointless (as they are poor combat units) just get them to level 15 (for underdog ability) then second seal to a normal base class (Donnell can become a mercanery or Fighter) then level up the normal way mentioned before.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Like Judge has said your spot on.

Villigers and Dancers can also go to level 30

Villagers are the exception (only Donnell starts as a villager) they can go all the way to level 30 but its pointless (as they are poor combat units) just get them to level 15 (for underdog ability) then second seal to a normal base class (Donnell can become a mercanery or Fighter) then level up the normal way mentioned before.

I already changed Donnell to a Mercenary. I did it at level 20, so he picked up the other skill Mercenaries have when he switched. I didn't think that would happen, but it was a nice surprise!

But I'm confused how I'm supposed to level up Olivia so late in the game. I grinded with everyone else with the Reeking Box. How does Olivia gain experience? I know she dances, but what does dancing actually do, and how to I make that option appear when I select one of my other units? I want Inigo to have the best stats he can, but that can't happen if Olivia is stuck at level 1! :(

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    But I'm confused how I'm supposed to level up Olivia so late in the game. I grinded with everyone else with the Reeking Box. How does Olivia gain experience? I know she dances, but what does dancing actually do, and how to I make that option appear when I select one of my other units? I want Inigo to have the best stats he can, but that can't happen if Olivia is stuck at level 1! :(
    Dancers are used to give units another turn. So, if a unit completes an action, Olivia using dance on them will give them another turn. She's primarily a support character as a Dancer, so just keep her in the back if you want to use her. It's not a really big loss in not having a Dancer if you're just strictly playing the main game right now. And, it's fine if Olivia is low level when you get Inigo. It just means you'll have to grind more to get Inigo's stats up to par.

Years
    I already changed Donnell to a Mercenary. I did it at level 20, so he picked up the other skill Mercenaries have when he switched. I didn't think that would happen, but it was a nice surprise!

Donnells epic as a Mercenary.

Olivia gains experiance by dancing (the purpose of dancing is that the unit she dances to gets another move if they have already used their move) but she can gain experience from fighting to. A good trick for grinding her up levels is do a map with weak enemies and just keep having her dance for your units without the units really attacking. (its important the ememy is weak to they can't harm Olivia much). As soon as she reaches level 10 second seal her.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Dancers are used to give units another turn. So, if a unit completes an action, Olivia using dance on them will give them another turn. She's primarily a support character as a Dancer, so just keep her in the back if you want to use her. It's not a really big loss in not having a Dancer if you're just strictly playing the main game right now. And, it's fine if Olivia is low level when you get Inigo. It just means you'll have to grind more to get Inigo's stats up to par.
    But doesn't that prevent him from getting possible abilities?

Donnells epic as a Mercenary.

Olivia gains experiance by dancing (the purpose of dancing is that the unit she dances to gets another move if they have already used their move) but she can gain experience from fighting to. A good trick for grinding her up levels is do a map with weak enemies and just keep having her dance for your units without the units really attacking. (its important the ememy is weak to they can't harm Olivia much). As soon as she reaches level 10 second seal her.
    To what?

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    But doesn't that prevent him from getting possible abilities?

Yeah, Olivia can also be a Dark Flier if you train her and promote her to be one; so I highly, highly recommend that if you want the Galeforce ability for Inigo because you won't get that for him any other way. ;__;

Fortunately Olivia can also use swords, but be careful with this because she has really low attack and defense, so, just concentrate on giving her the exp for killing blows~

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Yeah, Olivia can also be a Dark Flier if you train her and promote her to be one; so I highly, highly recommend that if you want the Galeforce ability for Inigo because you won't get that for him any other way. ;__;

Fortunately Olivia can also use swords, but be careful with this because she has really low attack and defense, so, just concentrate on giving her the exp for killing blows~
    I have a hard time doing that for the risen that I battle because my stronger guys always end up killing them with a counter attack, so I hardly ever get a chance for someone weaker to get the killing blow. And now Olivia is the only character I have that I haven't used a Master Seal on.

Also, once my female mothers get Galeforce, should I go to the Paralogue and recruit their child?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I have a hard time doing that for the risen that I battle because my stronger guys always end up killing them with a counter attack, so I hardly ever get a chance for someone weaker to get the killing blow. And now Olivia is the only character I have that I haven't used a Master Seal on.

Also, once my female mothers get Galeforce, should I go to the Paralogue and recruit their child?
    It's probably gonna take you awhile to get Olivia to level 20.

And yes, the ideal time to recruit the children is after the mother has learned Galeforce. You just have to make sure that Galeforce is in the last slot in order for it to be passed onto the child.

Back