• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I tend to not like replaying RPGs
    Hm? Why not?

Which character is your absolute favorite from Awakening? Who would you defend and protect no matter what, even if it meant leaving them behind the battle lines for their safety?
    Take a guess, Klippy.

Years
    Which character is your absolute favorite from Awakening? Who would you defend and protect no matter what, even if it meant leaving them behind the battle lines for their safety?
    The Vaike without a doubt he's amazing like no other
    So I beat it on normal and now I'm doing hard mode, I think I'll go back and do the spotpass sidestories on my other save before I try again. (I play on classic, it ain't fire emblem without permadeath.)

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Hm? Why not?

Take a guess, Klippy.

I dunno! I feel like it's hard for me to re-enjoy a story when I already have experienced it. I only played the Mass Effect games once because "MY" Shepard's story had been told and there was no re-living it. I can replay Skyrim/Fallout games because there isn't an exact storyline to follow and I can ignore quests more easily.

But Awakening was amazing and deserves a second run.

AND ummm...obviously Gangrel. ;)

Reactions: Nah

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    Picked up Awakening again cuz Smash. Was in the middle of a Hard Classic run.

Hard Classic is brutal. I usually have to play a map 4-5 times before finishing with zero deaths. The worst part is getting nothing but great level ups and then having to reset.

Doing Nah's chapter on Casual Hard was bad enough, but Classic is going to be torture. All those Mire casters getting you from 10 blocks away.

My fave pairing this run - Panne+Virrion, Vaike+Cherche,

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    So, IDK if anyone remembers, but on the first page or so of this thread I had mentioned how I had never recruited Donnel before. So I decided to recruit him for my 4th playthrough of Awakening. It's still a bit early in the game, but so far he's shaping up to be a pretty good unit.

And then I had the thought.....that Donny can pass down Aptitude to his kid....and that his daughters get access to the Pegasus Knight class....and then I was like:

>OMG

>OMG, Galeforce Aptitude Limit Breaker Nah

>That would be so ****ing beastly

So now I'm playing evil forced marriages guy matchmaker with Donnel and Nowi.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Donnel x Nowi was my choice for marriage. I tended to just choose based on who I thought would be a good couple and protect their kid. :>

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    Classic Mode was a mistake for me. I'm at chapter 20. Had thrilling near-death moments with Henri+Tharja getting double hit by Walhart Twice.

However, I want to do some of the Children missions and DLC... there is no way I can beat Nah's level without anyone dying, even after beating the game. (this is the level with Mire uses that strike from 10 spaces away.)

Also, Henri has 7 resistance at his high level and it is driving me nuts. You're a Magic User!!!

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    One thing I don't understand about the Fire Emblem purists who hate casual mode.
    Why is casual mode so bad? People who play in Classic still soft reset when someone dies. So instead of wasting your 40 minutes in a battle because of 1 death from a cheap critical, just play casual and save yourself the unnecessary stress. Your blood pressure will thank you.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    One thing I don't understand about the Fire Emblem purists who hate casual mode.
    Why is casual mode so bad? People who play in Classic still soft reset when someone dies. So instead of wasting your 40 minutes in a battle because of 1 death from a cheap critical, just play casual and save yourself the unnecessary stress. Your blood pressure will thank you.

Personally (I'm no purist, just a first-timer who got Awakening), the loss of anyone is a failure so I like to restart battles to try new strategies and see how I can best get my entire team through alive.

During my run through, I only allowed one death and it was because I simply couldn't save him (I forgot his name, starts with a K and he's in the burly suit). It was save him and lose two others, or sacrifice him to distract the enemy and flank them. He was a sacrifice I made that was tolerable for the grand scheme of the "story" and battle I was in.

When I replay the game, I plan to make death permanent-permanent and allow people to die if they must. It should be interesting.

Years
    It takes out a lot of the difficulty as there is no death penalty and you can just run in guns a blazing because it doesn't matter if someone loses all their hp they'll just come back the same in the next chapter. Fire emblem without permadeath just isn't the same fire emblem as the rest of the franchise.
    When I replay the game, I plan to make death permanent-permanent and allow people to die if they must. It should be interesting.
    I did that once in FE8, it was a horrible idea, at one point I had less units alive then I could take with me in a single chapter.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    It takes out a lot of the difficulty as there is no death penalty and you can just run in guns a blazing because it doesn't matter if someone loses all their hp they'll just come back the same in the next chapter. Fire emblem without permadeath just isn't the same fire emblem as the rest of the franchise.

Why would you throw your unit out there though? You'd want them to get experience.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I did do a playthrough on Casual once, but still kinda treated it like Classic where if someone died I would restart the chapter. It was nice to have though for those times where it's really hard to complete the level without someone dying because of AI BS. Or like Nah's recruitment paralogue.

I think that Casual isn't a bad idea. I'm sure permadeath was a turn-off for some people, so now there's a bunch of people who are willing to play the game because you don't have to play with permadeath. And tbh, IDK why you'd play Lunatic or Lunatic+ on Classic, unless you're a masochist or something. From what I've seen and heard, those difficulties look ****in' scary and are probably hard enough without permadeath.

I still kinda prefer Classic though.

Years
    Why would you throw your unit out there though? You'd want them to get experience.
    By the end of the game if you did a majority of the paralogue's everyone will have hit the level cap long ago even if you promote them at level 20, unless you sidemote a lot of your units will probably cap their level by around chapter 23.
    I did do a playthrough on Casual once, but still kinda treated it like Classic where if someone died I would restart the chapter. It was nice to have though for those times where it's really hard to complete the level without someone dying because of AI BS. Or like Nah's recruitment paralogue.
    I think that Casual isn't a bad idea. I'm sure permadeath was a turn-off for some people, so now there's a bunch of people who are willing to play the game because you don't have to play with permadeath. And tbh, IDK why you'd play Lunatic or Lunatic+ on Classic, unless you're a masochist or something. From what I've seen and heard, those difficulties look ****in' scary and are probably hard enough without permadeath.

Am I the only one who had an easy time on nah's paralogue? everyone talks about how hard it is but I just made gaius run up to the mire guys and wreck them they didn't hit him once (30% hit ain't likeley to hit) even if they did it was nowhere near enough to kill him.
    Also I'm actually planning to do a lunatic classic run once I stop playing smash and finish my hard mode classic save file, harder difficulties start to become pretty normal once you're past a certain amount of chapter's as you'll have more access to things that make you stronger especially helps when Barbarian!Vaike is bringing in the bullion's like there is no tomorrow Allowing you to buy good weapons for everyone.
    By the way am I the only one who when playing fire Emblem tries to use every single unit in the game? On my first playthrough by the time I beat the game the only unpromoted units I had were Kellam and Virion because I started using them too late into the game to do much damage and gain exp.

Years

Lunatic/Classic wasn't as bad as I thought. I completed it to gain access to Lunatic+/Classic but once I started the game on that difficulty I gave up before I even finished the prologue. It's that bad.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    It wasn't really the Mire guys that gave me trouble. It was more that you'd think all your units are safe, only to have a wall go down on the enemy's turn and suddenly half your units are exposed to attack.

I don't really bother trying to use every unit a lot when I play. Sure, on my first playthrough I'll give everyone a shot just to see how everyone is, but later I just stick to units I like or know are good.

Years
    If I remember correctly, what I did was leave most of my units (sorcerers) at the starting point to mire bomb the boss after I rescued Nah.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    My units look something like this on my Normal Casual run

Chrom x Sumia
    My avatar x Olivia
    Stahl x Cordelia
    Gaius x Tharja
    Frederick x Cherche
    Lissa x Libra

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I finally finished this game a few weeks ago, on my third try. I lost interest the first two run throughs at Chapter 19. Gosh that chapter was hard! However I finally finished it, and I wasn't disappointed. Personally, I think this is the best game on the 3DS, the story while not absolutely amazing; some things seemed a little silly, was still fantastic and kept me going even when I was growing a little tired of the battles. The presentation was extraordinary, I absolutely loved all the cutscenes, character animations etc. The relationship system was probably my favourite feature of all sorry but I can't help loving match matchmaking and support convos Not to mention this game is the only game that I have ever shed a tear in. You probably know what scene I'm talking about. So yeah, really, really enjoyed the game. Think I'm gonna leave it for a few months and then come back and play Lunatic-Classic.

Back