• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Emblem Fates Discussion

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • So, apparently many people have hacks in this game; they have their units have the Aptitude skill which is only available for Mozu and the children. But eh, that ability is not that much a big deal since it's only a means to max their stats out earlier I suppose, but, maybe this is something you guys should be aware?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • So, apparently many people have hacks in this game; they have their units have the Aptitude skill which is only available for Mozu and the children. But eh, that ability is not that much a big deal since it's only a means to max their stats out earlier I suppose, but, maybe this is something you guys should be aware?
    That can be a pretty big deal, far moreso than it was in Awakening. I don't know how much it matters in Birthright, but considering that your opportunities to train are severely limited in Conquest (which, so far I'm at 70 hours in, apparently), it's a godsend. Other than Mozu, I have Aptitude on Nyx who, prior to her actually having the skill, was prone to mediocre stat gains and, thanks to where I was in the story, was almost walled off from being able to even take part in the story. Now she's transformed into a slightly self-sufficient glass cannon.

But I wasn't aware that it was only available via save-hacking. Interesting. Speaking of hacks, actually, I've been very really considering getting the Same-Sex patch that's being created for it. Playing a female character in Fates, save for one character (who's already married) I'm pretty much locked to Soleil or bust. With the patch, though, there are a good few choices I could pursue. The problem is, I'm not quite sure how it affects children and online at the moment, both of which I take advantage of currently. Gonna wait a bit, though; not in too big of a rush to get Cassima married off.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • To add more limelight on the topic of having hacked skills. You can actually be shadowbanned from the online functions, if some of your characters have them, lol. Things like Aptitude is fair game (as it seems so far), but if you have enemy only skills like Inevitable End, Staff Savant, Dragonskin, and Bold Stance. Highly likely that you'll be banned. Having enemy-only weapons (Skadi, Bolverk, 1-2 range Steel weapons, etc.) will also lead to the same result. Having more than the intended amount of animal/special classes (Kitsune, Wolfskin, Nohr Prince/cess, Songstress, etc.) will also get a nice banhammer as well.
    That can be a pretty big deal, far moreso than it was in Awakening. I don't know how much it matters in Birthright, but considering that your opportunities to train are severely limited in Conquest (which, so far I'm at 70 hours in, apparently), it's a godsend. Other than Mozu, I have Aptitude on Nyx who, prior to her actually having the skill, was prone to mediocre stat gains and, thanks to where I was in the story, was almost walled off from being able to even take part in the story. Now she's transformed into a slightly self-sufficient glass cannon.
    It can also screw you over if you're playing Lunatic mode, lol. Since all level-ups are preset depending on their join seed, having Aptitude will do another re-roll on your potential level-ups, making it different, which can be better or for the worse.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • I finally got some DLC- Boo Camp, Ghostly Gold, and Before Awakening. What are some other good ones for Conquest?

Museum melee may be of interest for getting rare items and Beach Brawl for obvious reasons ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

If there are already savegame hacks like those, it won't be long before there will be a full fledged PokSav (FateSav?) tool if you even want a chance of winning online :P

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Museum melee may be of interest for getting rare items and Beach Brawl for obvious reasons ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

If there are already savegame hacks like those, it won't be long before there will be a full fledged PokSav (FateSav?) tool if you even want a chance of winning online :P
    Well...probably not. See, cheats for Fates have been around for a while, but apart from the competitive scene not being nearly as loud as Pokemon, in more cases than not these cheats are either used for their progression through the game or distributing skills to other players.

Not sure if this is because of the shadow banning, but in my many castle runs I've yet to meet anyone with all 99 stats.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • Well I did Museum Melee again yesterday to get even more weapons. Two of the weapons I obtained were ones that belong to Jakob and Selena.

As for pairings I have done so far, here they are:
    Mandolore (Name of MU)xFelicia
    NilesxBeruka
    OdinxSelena
    BennyxCharlotte
    LaslowxPeri
    SilasxCamilla
    ArthurxEffie

As for pairings I am working on, here they are:
    XanderxAzura
    KazexNyx

I am thinking of doing the following pairings:
    LeoxMozu
    KeatonxElise

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • Well...probably not. See, cheats for Fates have been around for a while, but apart from the competitive scene not being nearly as loud as Pokemon, in more cases than not these cheats are either used for their progression through the game or distributing skills to other players.

Not sure if this is because of the shadow banning, but in my many castle runs I've yet to meet anyone with all 99 stats.

Well to be fair this is the first fire emblem game to introduce online battling so I believe this is just the start to a new competitive aspect of the game.
    First file pairings-
    Not sure whom to pair Xander with.

You can pair Xander with Charlotte since she gives good guard stance bonuses, (+5 speed and +3 str iirc) get a blonde Seigbert and have a pretty good supports.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Do you have a European 3DS to play it on though...?
    Oh, no. But I hacked my 3DS a good while ago so region isn't really a problem.

Related, I've also considered buying NA Birthright for the novelty of having it physically and downloading BR (DLC Version) through illegit means so that I only need one cart for it, but still legally have both versions. Ethically, it's fine since I'll essentially have bought the game for around $20 more than I would have otherwise. Not sure if my wallet necessarily agrees, though.

And that's also pretty much the reason I bring up the Same-Sex patch which, currently, only supports Special Edition and Birthright...which sucks since I'm the only person on the planet with Conquest, apparently. /sigh And considering I don't use the character who I believe is Soleil's father, my MU's probably going to end up alone by the end before the Conquest version's released.

Arc

Years
  • Doing another Birthright Lunatic run just to affirm some suspicions, and use other units for variety. A little musings.

Spoiler:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Beat Conquest Chapter 25 today
    Spoiler:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Should I play Birthright or Revelation first? (After finishing Conquest)
    Birthright. I'm like 99.9% sure you're supposed to play both Conquest and Birthright before tackling Revelations.

Arc

Years
  • Beat Conquest Chapter 25 today
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Spoiler:
    I already hate fighting ninjas but dear god that skill sounds horrible

Arc

Years
  • I already hate fighting ninjas but dear god that skill sounds horrible
    It definitely is. Plus, this is in conjunction with Poison Strike and Grisly Wound, making ninja hell even more hell-ish. Pretty much pigeonholes the player to have a Shurikenbreaker user (coughNilesSelenaLaslowNinacough), if you want to save yourself a headache.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • When I looked at the different skills for that I have for characters, the character that has the most is Odin. Due to the different seals I have used on him, he has no less than six different skills available. The six he has are as follows:
    Heartseaker
    Malefic Aura
    Duelist's Blow
    Good Fortune
    Locktouch
    Strong Riposte

Back