• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Emblem Fates Discussion

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2016
    Should I buy this now, or play Awakening first? I downloaded it long ago but never really played it..

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
    Something I noticed while playing Birthright was that enemies don't attack units that they'd deal zero damage to. It didn't really bother me then, but now it's becoming a problem in Conquest because it's causing me to miss out on a lot of Enemy Phase potential which is making Chapter 10 impossible.

Should I buy this now, or play Awakening first? I downloaded it long ago but never really played it..

The 2 don't have any connection, so play whichever one you want first. You might as well go with Awakening since you already own it. Be advised that Fates is $80 minimum if you want the whole story.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Something I noticed while playing Birthright was that enemies don't attack units that they'd deal zero damage to. It didn't really bother me then, but now it's becoming a problem in Conquest because it's causing me to miss out on a lot of Enemy Phase potential which is making Chapter 10 impossible.
    Are you playing on Normal or Hard?

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
    Are you playing on Normal or Hard?

I'm playing on Lunatic. I don't think it'd be too big of a issue on Normal/Hard because there I could afford to train more units. I couldn't really find any space for Odin, Nyx, or Mozu to get any EXP this early since everything ORKOs them. And Niles is hard to train because he lacks Enemy Phase for the most part.

I'm stuck on chapter 10 mostly because I don't have enough units to defend every chokepoint and I get bombarded with too many enemies to clear on Player Phase. Normally they'd all get wiped out on Enemy Phase but they don't attack my units because they deal zero damage. u_u And I can't turtle on the green spots cause I'll eventually die to Seal Defense/Shuriken debuffs. It's a conundrum to say the least. lol

Almost every successful strategy I heard of has Jakob reclass to Paladin (or ended up having godly Silas/Effie growths), but alas MU is male.

Last edited:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    I just realized that the skinship which people in Japan are enjoying, is completely absent in the English version except for some bits and pieces

Spoiler:

Also, i was surprised that there's no A+ support dialogue as well. Just a pop up message confirming it. Like wow, i know the whole Gay and Lesbo relationships were cut off but what about some dialogue confirming a Sword Brotherhood between two really good friends or two girls declaring that they are going to be super best friends forever, or how about that little sister wanting to say that her big brother is now also her "big brother best friend forever"...

spoiler btw for those who are curious about the A+ support level between characters.

Last edited:

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
    Years
    Maybe I should be been a bit more active on this thread......

Okay, so, remember when I said that I got my kids at some point? Yeah, not doing that with Niles and Beruka's child (BTW got them hitched), until I beat Chapter 18....I should thank Magistrum for her post, or else I would have never searched up on those Seals and find out how good they are, regret ever doing Kana and Dwyer's Paralogues in what might be considered a early point in the game, and promised myself to not do that with the other kids. Also using a Master Seal on them without even leveling them up to 20 is also probably a big mistake as well.

Anyways, I am currently grinding EXP in Conquest through Boo Camp, aka the DLC map that isn't the Beach Episode DLC. HOLY ****, THIS MAP IS A GODSEND. Considering that the next chapter I need to beat (Which, surprise, surprise, is 18) has promoted enemies, I need all the experience to get for my characters. If you have the money, and you are somehow having trouble leveling up characters in Conquest (Which you probably are), buy it. You should probably buy Ghostly Gold too, if you currently are not swimming in buckets of cash in Conquest. Too bad I don't have the money for Ghostly Gold, so I'm a bit screwed.

Also, my brother and sister are probably now envying me for having Kaze....(POSSIBLY MAJOR SPOILERS)
    Spoiler:

BTW, I am playing my Conquest game right now, and I have experienced probably the best line in the game, through a support conversation:
    "Did...did you just pull that out of your bra?"
    Not telling you who's support conversation you see that line from, but now that I put it out of context, you're gonna be making some guesses unless you did see that line. First person to find out gets a cookie!

Also, I'm now trying to get a S support between Azura and Laslow. If I remember right, it took two playthroughs of Boo Camp to get a C support out of them. It felt like a while, so wish me luck if it takes too damn long.

Okay so on Birthright, my wife is Hana. The samurai chick. It was either her or Felicia and I seriously decided it on a coin flip.

My brother actually decided on who to choose in the Beach Brawl DLC through a coin-flip. He's not the person who can make decisions. He got my big-boobed Waifu Nohr sister, and I had to force him to let me see the fan-service picture you get after beating the DLC because I WANTED TO PICK HER, and it was lovely. He didn't even wanted to see that pic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    BTW, I am playing my Conquest game right now, and I have experienced probably the best line in the game, through a support conversation:
    "Did...did you just pull that out of your bra?"
    Not telling you who's support conversation you see that line from, but now that I put it out of context, you're gonna be making some guesses unless you did see that line. First person to find out gets a cookie!
    Spoiler:

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
    Years
    Spoiler:
    Good job! Here's your cookie. Tried to find a small image of a purple cookie that looks good, so this was kinda met the quota:
    Fire Emblem Fates Discussion

Reactions: Nah

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Well i might replay Birthright again so that I don't experience all of the scripted deaths like the loss of "we know who".
    Also, Kagero has a comparable asset size to that of Camilla. (oOwOo)

Also, i don't know if its any good but:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sir Codin

Okay, so now I have both games, so here's how the save layout will work for me.

BIRTHRIGHT
    Save 1: Tymar, Male MU Hard Classic, keeping as many units alive through save scumming as possible
    Save 2: Corrina, Female MU Hard Classic, keeping as many units alive through save scumming
    Save 3: Male MU, Hoshido route Hard Classic, living with consequences; anyone who dies in a battle stays dead and I press on.

CONQUEST:

Save 1: Tymar, Hard Classic, save scum to keep most units
    Save 2: Corrina, Hard Classic, living with consequences
    Save 3: Tymar, Revelations path Hard Classic, save scum to keep most units

Also, yeah. On one hand, I find the incest subtext creepy and that's putting me off from marrying Camilla. On the other hand, DOSE TITZ.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Also, yeah. On one hand, I find the incest subtext creepy and that's putting me off from marrying Camilla. On the other hand, DOSE TITZ.

You can still try going for it and the conversation you'll have with any of the siblings will let you feel better about it.

Spoiler:

Sir Codin

You can still try going for it and the conversation you'll have with any of the siblings will let you feel better about it.

Spoiler:
    Oh, yeah, of course. But "marry me nii-san!" still bugs me even though THAT.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
    Anyways, I am currently grinding EXP in Conquest through Boo Camp, aka the DLC map that isn't the Beach Episode DLC. HOLY ****, THIS MAP IS A GODSEND. Considering that the next chapter I need to beat (Which, surprise, surprise, is 18) has promoted enemies, I need all the experience to get for my characters. If you have the money, and you are somehow having trouble leveling up characters in Conquest (Which you probably are), buy it. You should probably buy Ghostly Gold too, if you currently are not swimming in buckets of cash in Conquest. Too bad I don't have the money for Ghostly Gold, so I'm a bit screwed.

What mode are you playing on? Boo Camp is hardly grindable for me in Nohr Lunatic, so I'm wondering if DLC scales with difficulty too. I'm thinking about lowering the setting to Hard mostly because I just wanna finish the game faster because the story is just too good and I need to know what happens!

Only 3 more days until Revelations comes out. Totally can't wait for that. There are so many answers I need revealed!

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
    Years
    What mode are you playing on? Boo Camp is hardly grindable for me in Nohr Lunatic, so I'm wondering if DLC scales with difficulty too. I'm thinking about lowering the setting to Hard mostly because I just wanna finish the game faster because the story is just too good and I need to know what happens!

Only 3 more days until Revelations comes out. Totally can't wait for that. There are so many answers I need revealed!

Normal. And I can say that DLC difficulty probably scales on either which chapter you're on or your actual difficulty. Probably the 'chapter determines your difficulty' part, since I decided to play the Before Awakening DLC at some point, and....let's just say it was pretty hellish, unlike the first and second times I did it, where it was pretty easy.

Although, the more I played Boo Camp, the more it became a little more hard, since it added those Stoneborns, which was the first time I've seen them. My brother says that they were pretty annoying during his Birthright run....But I just don't see it. Sure, I panicked when Azura got hit....But at least a single hit from one of my units (Can't remember if it was Xander or not) was all it took to take it down. I really don't know. Also, Revelations hype time, baby. X3 Too bad I don't have the money to buy it, nor the blocks it might eat up. And even if I did, I might have already spend it on the Ghostly Gold DLC, cause I REALLY need the money.

But I didn't, cause I don't have the money. ;~;

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
    Normal. And I can say that DLC difficulty probably scales on either which chapter you're on or your actual difficulty. Probably the 'chapter determines your difficulty' part, since I decided to play the Before Awakening DLC at some point, and....let's just say it was pretty hellish, unlike the first and second times I did it, where it was pretty easy.

Although, the more I played Boo Camp, the more it became a little more hard, since it added those Stoneborns, which was the first time I've seen them. My brother says that they were pretty annoying during his Birthright run....But I just don't see it. Sure, I panicked when Azura got hit....But at least a single hit from one of my units (Can't remember if it was Xander or not) was all it took to take it down. I really don't know. Also, Revelations hype time, baby. X3 Too bad I don't have the money to buy it, nor the blocks it might eat up. And even if I did, I might have already spend it on the Ghostly Gold DLC, cause I REALLY need the money.

But I didn't, cause I don't have the money. ;~;

Yeah, the Stoneborn don't hit that hard but what makes them scary is the combination of Lunge + Freeze. I'd really love that combo on a character with 1-7 range! Wish I could capture one of those Stoneborn, lol.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
    I just ignored everything after the first page cause they sounded like spoilers XD For the people who've already played this game, would you recommend for someone who wants to play both versions to play them together (chapter by chapter) or separately?

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
    I just ignored everything after the first page cause they sounded like spoilers XD For the people who've already played this game, would you recommend for someone who wants to play both versions to play them together (chapter by chapter) or separately?

I recommend playing Birthright completely first. It reveals a lot less secrets than Conquest, TBH.

Back