• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Emblem Fates Discussion

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
  • You know, been having a really hard time with Conquest pretty much from the getgo.

Love it, but...I did just solo chapters 21 and 22 with MU + Jakob. She's a Swordmaster, so speed build, and all of her skills are legit, though I nabbed some from other castles (most notably, Hoshidan Nobility). For chapter 23 I gave her Equinox since counter is a thing and I can't really get past- well, spoilers.

Though I suppose quite a few of my losses came from losing someone I was trying to train. Kinda wonder if I really shouldn't have just kept truckin'. But I'm honestly wondering if the game would've have been easier if I'd just Cassima (MU) and Mozu'd a fair deal of the previous quests.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Well, Conquest has the smoothest difficulty curve of all the FE games. It starts off mildly easy and progressively gets harder; with the others having a more steep early game, only to become much more manageable. So, if you struggled in the early game, I'm afraid to say it will only gets harder.

Love it, but...I did just solo chapters 21 and 22 with MU + Jakob. She's a Swordmaster, so speed build, and all of her skills are legit, though I nabbed some from other castles (most notably, Hoshidan Nobility). For chapter 23 I gave her Equinox since counter is a thing and I can't really get past- well, spoilers.

Though I suppose quite a few of my losses came from losing someone I was trying to train. Kinda wonder if I really shouldn't have just kept truckin'. But I'm honestly wondering if the game would've have been easier if I'd just Cassima (MU) and Mozu'd a fair deal of the previous quests.
    Have you been using the royals? They're bar none the best characters Conquest has to offer, you'd be doing yourself a disservice if you've been neglecting them.

As little warning, if 23 has stumped you, 24 is going to be even worse as you'll be facing WTD constantly if you just use your MU. And, certain lady with nice thighs is much more overwhelming than Trump with pineapple hair.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Well, Conquest has the smoothest difficulty curve of all the FE games. It starts off mildly easy and progressively gets harder; with the others having a more steep early game, only to become much more manageable. So, if you struggled in the early game, I'm afraid to say it will only gets harder.

Have you been using the royals? They're bar none the best characters Conquest has to offer, you'd be doing yourself a disservice if you've been neglecting them.

As little warning, if 23 has stumped you, 24 is going to be even worse as you'll be facing WTD constantly if you just use your MU. And, certain lady with nice thighs is much more overwhelming than Trump with pineapple hair.
    Well it was something of an experiment. I originally did it because, in chapter 21
    Spoiler:

But yeah, usually I don't. Try to use CassiMU pretty sparingly so as to give the rest of the characters a chance, and she's still not nearly as much of a threat as Mozu is. She's actually a monster. That I went through 22 with just her was just for shits and giggles, and when she did I felt waves of Awakening (or Easy Modo, depending on your naming preference) all over again. Now I'm just trying to see how much more story she can go through on her own.

As for the royals, I didn't originally plan to due to how powerful they are, but it just kinda happened. Elise's been my main since the beginning,
    Spoiler:

So yeah, I could just be making things harder on myself. And considering I've supposedly 70ish hours in this...yeah.

But I suppose that's where the difficulty is for me. I don't really think it's crushingly hard so much as punishing, because it's pretty rare that someone will die and that'll pin me into a lose state. In fact, I'd say the reason I've spent so much time in this game is thanks to an ally dying late-battle and me making the decision as to whether I should take that strategic advantage and move on. Which I never do. Also, trying to get people up to speed EXP-wise has been pretty deadly.

All of that to say, I'm loving it, still. Conquest feels pretty classic FE and I couldn't hope for more. Kinda wish I'd played BR first, 'cause what with the difficulty drop, it'll feel like a VN by comparison.

Years
  • Just chiming in and saying I thought Fates were fantastic, addicting games. I played Conquest on normal casual, Birthright and Revelations on hard casual. I got a real kick out of them all, although Conquest had the highest difficulty (even on normal mode). I saw a lot of complaints because of poor translations or whatever, but I honestly found all the characters entertaining in their own right and I really tried to make all of my units work, however, some were not salvageable in my experience (Hinoka was terrible for me in BR and revelations).

In terms of my favorite characters, well I romanced Niles as male MU in conquest so obviously he is one. In addition, I really liked Camilla, Xander, Saizo, Nina, Elise, Flora... Honestly so many characters I enjoyed in the game.

But yeah just my input on the game. I will, at some point, go back and play classic mode (at least on conquest).

Arc

Years
  • But yeah, usually I don't. Try to use CassiMU pretty sparingly so as to give the rest of the characters a chance, and she's still not nearly as much of a threat as Mozu is. She's actually a monster. That I went through 22 with just her was just for shits and giggles, and when she did I felt waves of Awakening (or Easy Modo, depending on your naming preference) all over again. Now I'm just trying to see how much more story she can go through on her own.
    I actually think that it wouldn't be so much of a bad idea to invest a little more into your MU. I can assure you that she'll be seeing more combat than some of your other units, and being a Swordmaster means that she's already one of your best bosskillers (Duelist's Blow, innate 10% crit, and Dragon Fang is gr8). Like, she should eat Chp. 23's boss alive on a player phase, lol. Curious, what class is your Mozu? I'm assuming Weapon Master, unless she's a Sniper rocking the Mini Bow.
    As for the royals, I didn't originally plan to due to how powerful they are, but it just kinda happened. Elise's been my main since the beginning,
    Spoiler:
    So yeah, I could just be making things harder on myself. And considering I've supposedly 70ish hours in this...yeah.
    Spoiler:
    But I suppose that's where the difficulty is for me. I don't really think it's crushingly hard so much as punishing, because it's pretty rare that someone will die and that'll pin me into a lose state. In fact, I'd say the reason I've spent so much time in this game is thanks to an ally dying late-battle and me making the decision as to whether I should take that strategic advantage and move on. Which I never do. Also, trying to get people up to speed EXP-wise has been pretty deadly.
    Have you already recruited the kids? If not, doing a couple of them around this time would be advisable, since a lot of them aren't too severe and the enemies don't pack as much threatening skills. Much easier to gain EXP from them, than doing the main chapters. Kids will be coming around at 20/10 around this time as well, making it easy to substitute a couple of them in, if you feel that some of their parents are lacking.

If you already have... Well, uh. MU, Mozu, Leo, and Xander stomping away~?
    All of that to say, I'm loving it, still. Conquest feels pretty classic FE and I couldn't hope for more. Kinda wish I'd played BR first, 'cause what with the difficulty drop, it'll feel like a VN by comparison.
    Glad to hear it! Conquest really is a great game to uphold the FE name (easily, top five in my book). Happy that many are giving it the recognition it deserves. Actually, it fills me with confidence that IS do have talented people under their wing. However... Conquest's brother and sister, Birthright and Revelations, respectively, are everything I don't want to see from IS...

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • I actually think that it wouldn't be so much of a bad idea to invest a little more into your MU. I can assure you that she'll be seeing more combat than some of your other units, and being a Swordmaster means that she's already one of your best bosskillers (Duelist's Blow, innate 10% crit, and Dragon Fang is gr8). Like, she should eat Chp. 23's boss alive on a player phase, lol. Curious, what class is your Mozu? I'm assuming Weapon Master, unless she's a Sniper rocking the Mini Bow.
    As it stands I have my MU with- as far as relevant skills go, Hoshidan Unity, Dragon's Fang, and Renewal- though the last of those gets switched out for Astra depending on the time of day. That she attacks without activating an ability now is pretty rare, and when it's Astra it can be devastating thanks to the crit chance and support meter.

As for Mozu, yeah, she's a Sniper w/ Mini Bow (and a few others, more notably the Killer Bow). Generally I have her running around on her own since it's pretty rare that her Avo doesn't fail her, but I still play things pretty safe.

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Have you already recruited the kids? If not, doing a couple of them around this time would be advisable, since a lot of them aren't too severe and the enemies don't pack as much threatening skills. Much easier to gain EXP from them, than doing the main chapters. Kids will be coming around at 20/10 around this time as well, making it easy to substitute a couple of them in, if you feel that some of their parents are lacking.

If you already have... Well, uh. MU, Mozu, Leo, and Xander stomping away~?
    I have all of the kids I can have currently, so about 5. If I could marry off MU and Azura, that'd shoot that number up to 9, which would be wildly helpful. That said...well, I'm a form over function player and I don't really know who exactly I want to marry them off, too. Hell, it took me a long time to see who had S' good enough that they were worth keeping together as it is.

But I should be fine. Going back through chapter 21 to try and do it legit (even though I really could just solo that and do 22 legit). All things considered, I have a good number of chances before I really get to any sort of "point of no return", and 23 should be a lot less of a nightmare with ranged attackers and, well, an actual party.

Also, Same Sex Fates just released it's Conquest edition, so if it works as planned my MU'll have more than just the one option. I do have to wonder how it affects children, though.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • I'll let you guys see what kind of units I'm using and how I'm raising them:

WVW69jGatNUEUoKfV3

This is my MU. And yeah, she's the best as a Swordsmaster, imo. I made Speed her boon and Luck her bane, but even with that she manages to max that out really quickly, aha. Classic Dragon Fang + Swordfaire, with Hoshidan Unity and Quixotic to grant her a 25% increase to activate her Dragon Fang. So in total, that's... a 55% to activate her Dragon Fang?

She also has Nohrian Trust as you can see, in which often I pair her up with Peri because she has Aegis, Pavise, an Vantage (those I found in My Castle battles). Finished grinding for Skill statues, so, gonna train her up some more to max her Skill.

Annnd here are some kids:

Spoiler:

The Aptitude on the children I got from different My Castles online. o:

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
  • Wow, thats crazy speed! Luck is not even half bad. I also heard Azura is really good as a great lord. Can anyone confirm this?

Years
  • Wow okay so conquest is nearly impossible on hard classic for someone who wants everyone to survive. I want to go do DLC missions like Vanguard Dawn to get cool items and access to cool classes, but I can't even do those missions because of the difficulty. Also, I want to know who I should have become a Dread Fighter, Dark Flier, Great Lord, and Lodestar. I heard Arthur may make a good dread fighter idk. Any suggestions?

@above I've only heard Azura should stay as a singer, but idk.

I'll let you guys see what kind of units I'm using and how I'm raising them:

Annnd here are some kids:

Spoiler:

The Aptitude on the children I got from different My Castles online. o:
    Who were the parents?

Last edited:

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • Well last night I got the Anna on the Run DLC map. It was a good thing I did, seeing as it is the only way to recruit Anna. Course I also got Elise and Keaton up to S Rank so I was able to recruit another one if the kids. I also replayed Boo Camp and Museum Melee for more exp and weapons respectively. I also got Kaze and Nyx up to S Rank, so I have another kid I need to recruit. Course I still have not done Chapter 18 yet. Yeah, I am delaying doing that chapter until I am ready to do it.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Azura could probably become a good fighter if you wanted her to via reclassing. Looking at the stats on mine she's got some really good offensive stats, but she's made of wet tissue paper.

The problem though is that she's also the only singer in the game and singing is a hella useful ability, not to mention you have plenty of other fighters to choose from for your army.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Plus singing's the only ability that you can really cheese up the user's level to anything you want without repercussions.

Hadn't used Azura since I got her, but on chapter...13, I believe it was, I moved her from around level 4 to level 20, and now she's pretty fantastic. Especially with Effie's Lance. I'd post mine but that's work.

I'd also post Cassima, but that would just be embarrassing.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • Wow, thats crazy speed! Luck is not even half bad. I also heard Azura is really good as a great lord. Can anyone confirm this?

Depends on your playstyle. Azura is pretty versatile. I prefer to buy her Songstress abilities through the Unit Logbook, and load her up with other support abilities, and then reclass her to Falcon Knight so that she can heal. But I move my units around in diamond formations and abuse -+dmg auras and rallies, and much prefer the healing over dancing.

Wow okay so conquest is nearly impossible on hard classic for someone who wants everyone to survive. I want to go do DLC missions like Vanguard Dawn to get cool items and access to cool classes, but I can't even do those missions because of the difficulty. Also, I want to know who I should have become a Dread Fighter, Dark Flier, Great Lord, and Lodestar. I heard Arthur may make a good dread fighter idk. Any suggestions?

In Conquest, I typically change MU to Dread Fighter starting on Chapter 8 for the large boost in Resistance (plus Even Keel and Iron Will) and the ability to have 1-2 range. Clarity is a godsend to have for your Avatar in Conquest, too, as eventually almost every enemy has multiple Seal Stat skills.

Arc

Years
  • I can't ever stomach the thought of changing Azura to another class, haha. Refreshing saves my hide one too many times, that and double refreshing is too good to pass up.

Also, I want to know who I should have become a Dread Fighter, Dark Flier, Great Lord, and Lodestar. I heard Arthur may make a good dread fighter idk. Any suggestions?
    Xander should get first dibs on Lodestar. It immensely fixes his speed problems, which are in dire need of salvaging. Do note, that he's only in it for the skills and the higher speed growth. Specifically, Dancing Blade (Lv. 5) and Speedtaker (Lv. 35). Afterwards, he's free to go back to Paladin or whatever class you so incline to have him in.

Who were the parents?
    I'm not Dragon, but I can make out a couple of them.

In order. From top to bottom. Nyx!Ophelia, no idea which Shigure, Lazlow!Kana (I think anyways), Sakura!Rhajat, Orochi!Mitama, and Hinoka!Caeldori.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • So...this might seem like a strange question, but other than the cheaper price and the Path Rewards, is there really any reason that I should use the Branch of Fate rather than buying Birthright (the version I didn't get) physically? It's not really related to the Digital vs. Physical argument, but since I got Conquest I've been really considering getting both for collection purposes.

What I would likely do, if it came down to it, is buy Birthright physically and Revelations for my Conquest copy, and then (through less than legal means) download Birthright as DLC for my Conquest and play it that way- which is kind of ethically backwards since I'd be paying more than I would if I did it the way that they want, but I'd also be fine with just buying BR and playing that, then buying Rev on either one. It kinda goes against me wanting a copy that's just all together, but that ship sailed with SE being sold out.

Arc

Years
  • So...this might seem like a strange question, but other than the cheaper price and the Path Rewards, is there really any reason that I should use the Branch of Fate rather than buying Birthright (the version I didn't get) physically? It's not really related to the Digital vs. Physical argument, but since I got Conquest I've been really considering getting both for collection purposes.
    It depends, discounting the obvious Path Bonuses. You'll be losing out on any progress through the Castle Rewards, Unit Logbook, and any access to DLC received on your Conquest, if you get a physical Birthright; as everything is tied to a singular game. If none of those are particularly attractive positives, then the only downside is that you'll be paying an extra $20 for Birthright.

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2017
    I was really happy when I heard that there were new Fire Emblem games coming out. Out of all three games I think that Revelation is my favorite one. The one reason for that was when it came to picking sides I really didn't want to pick either side. ^_^;

I did play Birthright first, then Conquest and finally Revelation. It was just painful though to pick sides. Then Revelation was interesting when you didn't pick either side. Some of my favorite characters would be Kaze, Leo, Takumi, Kaden, and Shura.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • Well today I finally finished the Conquest path of Fire Emblem Fates. My favorite chapter along that path was Chapter 26. One reason why I liked it was that I finally got to
    Spoiler:
    I am currently debating if I should purchase the Birthright and Revelation paths to try them out.

Back