• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Emblem (revived again)

Years
    Well, save money and use a regular Heal staff. More uses, dependable on mages... but I usually have two or three healers with me to accompany my army since I usually break them up and send them to different parts of the map to exterminate the enemies there or prevent reinforcement...

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Kurosaki said:
    What about it wasn't spam? Oo

I've gotten into playing FE7 again... I hate Chapter 13 ><;;

Admittedly it didn't have a point, but I didn't want anyone coming down on him for one post. It just doesn't seem proper <_<;

Chapter 13...if I remember correctly, that's the one where you recruit Guy. It can be hard, but I have the time, tested strategy of removing all of Oswin's weapons and sending him (with Matthew close behind) into Guy's attack range to lure him out without danger of killing him, then I just recruit him the next turn. Works like a charm.

In FE8 I actually use the same strategy to get Amelia, except I use weaponless Eirika because she's the one needed to recruit Amelia anyway...fun fun x_x

I'm actually playing FE7 again as well...currently on 23x (Genesis); for reference it's the second Kishuna chapter, the one with that nightmarish maze. I've spent at least a hundred turns in there already, simply because I'm letting a morph sniper attack Hector over and over just so I can let Serra and Priscilla level up...I'd have them both at 20 if Kishuna would just quit movring around and silencing them =/

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
    I'm on my third or fourth playthrough of FE7, and I'm on the final chapter. What really angered was that I had killed everyone, and the doors to Nergal had opened. What happened was, that somebody near the top, I think it was a druid, used Berserk.....On Jaffar....and it hit! X.X

I tried to move everyone out of the way, but unfortunately for Hector, he was still in the range. Jaffar ran right over and Killing Edge'd the heck out of him. Hector=Teh Dead // Me=Teh Lose

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    That's happened to me my share of times...but, fortunately, I've either had Serra or Priscilla around with a Restore staff to stop it, but once I had no such luck. It happened to Oswin, and he had a Killer Lance equipped, so I just shut off my game before I had to suffer the shame of actually getting killed by a Berserked unit...

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
    Yeah, I stared at my Restore Staff for like two minutes, debating whether to bring with with me or not. Unfortunately, I assumed that I wouldn't need it and so went into battle, not knowing that I would regret it later.

Right after I finished off Linus, I saw the doors open and a couple units appeared, then I thought "no problem". And I chuckled for a second, until I saw the druid whip out his staff and use it >.>;; My next thought was "....."

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    You should usually have at least two Stave-wielders on the final chapter with no less than five staves between them; since I tend to favor Athos + Priscilla over any other combination because of Athos's über magic power (maximum healing) and Priscilla's range (good for emergencies). Further breaking it down, these are the combinations I like to use on both of them:

Athos:
    Forblaze (Kenneth-killer)
    Aureola (everything else killer)
    Nosferatu (switched to Luna after all units but Nergal are defeated)
    Hammerne (I tend to have Bolting equipped to my Sage to counter-Bolting the Sage at the top right; comes in a pinch when I'm fighting the fire Dragon as I have Physic on Priscilla to heal Athos and Bolting on my Sage to protect Priscilla)
    Mend (with Athos's magic level, automatic full heal)

Priscilla:
    Elfire/Fimbulvetr (depends on whether I have Pent and/or Erk and/or Nino with me)
    Fortify (invaluable...and Renault's only purpose in the game)
    Warp (emergency rescue, great comboed with Priscilla's movement range)
    Physic (same as above)
    Restore (for the Berserk Druid)

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
    Yeah..I got it. However, I usually use Serra, and give her...whatever the item's called that increases your movement range, to make up for the lack of movement, then she could move like a horse and be a fast healer.

And, thanks for the advice. I'll remember to bring my Restore next time XD

Draik

Hi.
    Years
    I started playing Fire Emblem: Will of Good and Evil again (a dead link is buried here :[). Well, I got to Ch17... again. Those maxed assassins, and their Shamshirs. Even if I send ?/20/20 Brunya with Hopron Guard, they gang up on her and end up doing 40+ damage.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    I recently read that there are actually five still images that were cut out of the English version of Rekka no Ken for being too violent and/or having major spoilers for FE6. The second reason sounds rather untrue, though, as, even with Nintendo's refusal to release Fuuin no Tsurugi outside of Japan, they left in the scenes that showed Lilina and the cliffhanger with Adult Zephiel/Yan. Regarding violence, I also have no idea whether this is true or not, but I did find something quite interesting:

Fire Emblem (revived again)

Something tells me this isn't fake. If it was taken out, it must involve someone from FE6, though, on first thought, I assumed it may have been a young Kishuna, but, on second thought, I wondered if it might be Yan (referred to as Enigmatic Man in the English version, no?), Zephiel, or someone else. I really have no idea.

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
    To me, that looks like Nergal and Ephidel, but then again, I've played only the English games and don't know much about the Japanese, so I really have no idea who they could be.[/Not very helpful at all, as always]

Back