• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Fire Red and Leaf Green Release Date and Information

AJHalliwell

Forrest Green Gym- Person
Years
  • (double posting!)
    haha, i don't care, but lots of people seem to hate it sincerly.
    I want it! WAH! I have the Japanese Rom, but trust me- not the same. Intresting though. It should come out in summer, lots more people'd buy it. And America is (seemingly) always the first to get it because pokemon's popularity was highest here (next to Japan of coarse).
    And I don't see why Australia and the UK just don't buy the American version- is there a difference? I know they speak English x_x ::is gonna feel like an idiot in a hilariouse way in a few I bet::
    The Cartrige games are on Ebay; just without the box and book. (bootleg? I dunno)

...Oh, and the release date IS Sept. 9th in america. I thouht it was 8th for a while for some reason n.n'

Blitz~2005

AKA Blitz
    Years
  • um does any 1 know the exact date 4 Australia (tasmainia) :D coz us release isnt much use if u dont live there lol i know that ytnim said 1 month after us but is there some1 els 2 back that up :p not that i dont trust ytnim its just that its not an exact date or anything lol

Years
  • australians, and all u other non us people, just order it from the us? , like order it form ebgames.com or something. dont u all speak the same language? lol

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • All I read was the first post so I'm sorry if tis was already said. Pok?mon FireRed Pok?mon LeafGreen (that's right no spaces between Fire and Red or Leaf and Green) are scheduled to be released roughly around September 15th of this year. The titles are mentioned are official. No spaces and its not going to be WaterBlue. Trust me I've seen the North American box art.

Poke'gangster

Banned
    Years
  • All I know is that it is coming out on September 9 2004, I don't know if this is true but it will be called Pokemon blue and red advance according to a magazine, and you can chose if you want to be male or female, You can trade with Ruby and Saphire to get a national dex,You can see a screenshot at www.Pokemon.com

*WAITS TILL POKEMON GOLD,SILVER AND CRYSTAL ADVANCE COME OUT*
    SWEET!!!!!!

Years
  • lol go to pokemon.com, it says they are red and green... it also says the date of sept 9 2004, and so just follow the site, youll know if they change the date if it is changed at the site.

AJHalliwell

Forrest Green Gym- Person
    Years
  • Hm, with being able to trade with Sapphire&Ruby you can get ALL the pokemon! WOO HOO! (Well; eventually) Wow, thats alot of trading. Can Ruby+Sapphire trade with Gold&Silver (and crystal)?
    And its common knolage there will be no WaterBlue! Everyone please stop repetaing it!

Aedan

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • Oh.. I just noticed on the screenshots- apparently you get to choose between Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle again, which means the games will not follow the plotline in the episodes. Lousy. I guess we will have to wait for LightningYellow then or something.

Oh well. I'll but them anyway :D

It would be cool though, if nintendo would release a game where you can follow in Ashs footsteps, all the way from Pokemon Yellow, through Gold/Silver/Crystal and to Ruby/Sapphire.

I cant wait to train a Persian again :D

Lucifer.

Custom'D
    Years
  • Why would it follow the plotline of the anime? The games and cartoons are seperate, and they should stay that way.

Zeo

Moron
    Years
  • Originaly posted by The Guy bove.
    The games and cartoons are seperate, and they should stay that way

as much as I agree with you, I still think it would be cool if after Pokemon is finally cancelled (God Forbid) that a Game that follows Ash's Pokemon Journey almost exactly would be pretty darn cool.

also. I apologise if this has been answered/asked many times before, but is there any news on the possible AU Release Date?

Lucifer.

Custom'D
    Years
  • Well I've heard it's October 1st for the UK (I honestly find that hard to believe, but hey), so probably around the same time as that.

Aedan

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • Well.. the plot in Yellow tried to follow the plot in the episodes, but og well.. Im actually almost certain we will get LightningYellow as well.. If FireRed and LeafGreen get good sales, that is..

Super Trainer

THE PKMN MASTER!!!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2005
    Pokemon FR/LG are coming out on Sept. 9, 2004. I heard that you can get a wild deoxys on those versions and can trade them to Colosseum and Ruby/Sapphire.

Back