• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire-Type Club v.2.5!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Fire-Type Club v2.5!

Welcome to the Fire-Type Club (version 2.5)! Since the owner of the last Fire-Type Club was inactive and a bunch of people were joining, I decided it was probably best simply to make a new one!

So here we are. As always, there are a few rules in addition to the usual Groups and PC ones. You shouldn't be disrespectful to your fellow members, no matter how heated a debate. You must not stray too far from the overall topic of Fire Pokémon and it is preferred if you stick to the topic currently being discussed. Anyone is allowed to make a change in topic, as long as the new topic will promote discussion. And everyone should post regularly! No slacking, guys!

Everybody who joins is eligible to choose ONE partner Pokémon! Your partner must be at least partially a Fire-Type and a list of all of them can be found here. You also have the privilege of being listed with your partner under the not very exciting member list that is further down the page! Woohoo!

Alright! Now that you've taken a look at the rules and all, you're probably wanting to join, aren't you? If you wanna join up, you gotta tell me three things and might wanna tell me another:
    Your Name:
    Your Partner Pokémon:
    Why You Like Fire-Types:
    Anything Else:​
    Have fun!

Member List
    Owner: Anna
    Fire-Type Club v.2.5!

Cali
    Fire-Type Club v.2.5!

Waking_Dreamer
    Fire-Type Club v.2.5!

okjoek
    Fire-Type Club v.2.5!

Faolan
    Fire-Type Club v.2.5!

BinaryPeaches
    Fire-Type Club v.2.5!

The Last One
    Fire-Type Club v.2.5!

Avishka
    Fire-Type Club v.2.5!

Charicific
    Fire-Type Club v.2.5!

Paws
    Fire-Type Club v.2.5!

Hill
    Fire-Type Club v.2.5!

Tommy Joey
    Fire-Type Club v.2.5!

Mark
    Fire-Type Club v.2.5!

Hikari10
    Fire-Type Club v.2.5!

Blazing Flare
    Fire-Type Club v.2.5!

justinrpg
    Fire-Type Club v.2.5!

GGJ
    Fire-Type Club v.2.5!

Lezza
    Fire-Type Club v.2.5!

Taposa
    Fire-Type Club v.2.5!

argith
    Fire-Type Club v.2.5!

AlexOzzyCake
    Fire-Type Club v.2.5!

Josh
    Fire-Type Club v.2.5!

Popsicle
    Fire-Type Club v.2.5!

Otherwold9)
    Fire-Type Club v.2.5!

Last edited:

Rocket Grunt Cali

Prepare for trouble!
    Years
    Your Name: Cali
    Your Partner Pokémon: Vulpix
    Why You Like Fire-Types: I'm all about offense, and Fire types tend to have fantastic Attack stats. A lot of them movepools that can accomodate wide variety of types (Poison, Ground, Psychic...), which makes them very versatile. And Vulpix, Flareon, Growlithe, Cyndaquil, Torchic, and Torkoal are adorable. ^_^
    Anything Else: If I ever manage to get through a normal run of every Gen, I might go back and do an ultimate monotype challenge with just Fire types because I love these guys so much!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Hi Cali~ An ultimate monotype, huh? Sounds fun, I hope you do end up doing it! And ofc reporting back to us on how it's going. ^_^

I forgot a topic, oh dear. D: Well, I'll steal one from the last club. Which generation do you think had the best fire-types?

Waking_Dreamer

Dreamer King
    Years
    Your Name: Waking_Dreamer
    Your Partner Pokémon: Charizard
    Why You Like Fire-Types: Fire is all about power and passion! Just like the element of Fire itself, it seems most fire pokemon are set up to live for the moment with intensity - in an all or nothing style!
    Anything Else: In pretty much any game or fictional world I have had a great fascination with the fire element and its no different with pokemon. I am a little sad however that in the meta-game a lot of the strong fire pokemon are in the NU and UU tier. The new game mechanics and moves make fire pokemon generally unusable in competitive play except for a select few of fire pokemon particularly the fire/fighting combo - not much else.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
    Your Name:okjoek
    Your Partner Pokémon: torchic
    Why You Like Fire-Types:Very powerful moves.Overlooked fact: Fire blast is the most accurate of the 120 base power attacks while others like focus blast, thunder and blizzard are 70 fire blast as 85 accuracy. Overheat is nice too. While a sun is up you not only get a bonus to fire moves but a quick solar beam too. Bye bye pesky water types.

Anything Else: I'l let you know when I think of something.

Faolan

darĸneѕѕ prevaιlѕ.
    Years
    Your Name:Faolan
    Your Partner Pokémon:Arcanine
    Why You Like Fire-Types:I love Fire types because they have a great designs.
    Anything Else:I'M A BANNANA

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Hey, welcome all new members! I've got you all in the first post, hurrah~ Would you all like to tell me Which generation do you think had the best fire-types?

Awesome, Cali! I expect regular updates~ Or at least a link to where you're logging this. Are you doing it in the challenge forum here?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Your Name:BinaryPeaches
    Your Partner Pokémon: Quilava kthnksbye. <3 i would totally choose litwick but I have that as a partner in the ghost fanclub derp :P
    Why You Like Fire-Types: I love basically every type, and fire has it's good point and bad points that I like about them.
    Anything Else: If I was able to have two partners I would ttly have Volcarona, but that's okay. |D

Which Generation do you think had the best fire-types?
    To be quite honest I'm not too sure. I think I guess I'll choose the first generation because Vulpix, Growlithe, Charmander, Ponyta, and Flareon. All of its generations have it's fire types though... except sinnoh. Other than the starter there was really only magmortar and heatran, which honestly isn't much. :/

Rocket Grunt Cali

Prepare for trouble!
    Years
    Anna: Yeah, I'm doing it in the Challenge forum ^^ Right now I'm having some issues with my emulator so getting started's kind of slow going (and by slow going I mean I've had to listen to Oak forgetting his grandson's name like eight times) but I'm getting there!

The Last One

Stalking Your Conversations
    Years
    i wanna join

Your Name: The Last One
    Your Partner Pokémon: Typhlosion
    Why You Like Fire-Types: cause they're hot most fire types are a mixture of cute AND powerful, and that is a combo you connot surpass
    Anything Else:

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    i wanna join

Your Name : Avishka
    Your Partner Pokémon: Charizard
    Why You Like Fire-Types: because they have powerful moves

i think gen 1 has the best fire type pokemon.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Welcome, everyone~ Seems like Gen I is well-liked in terms of fire Pokémon, but I'd have to say I like Gen III best. There weren't a lot of them, but I really, really liked the ones that were introduced. :3

So let's move on to a new topic~ What Pokémon really makes you appreciate fire-types? Which is the fire Pokémon that you hold in highest regard, and why do you think it's so special?

The Last One

Stalking Your Conversations
    Years
    Gen 2

What Pokémon really makes you appreciate fire-types?
    that would be the Gen 1, 2, 3, & 4 starters...

Rocket Grunt Cali

Prepare for trouble!
    Years

When I was a wee lass of seven, my first ever Pokemon was a Charmander, and I lovingly raised it all the way up to Charizard, which I proceeded to destroy EVERYTHING I fought with, even Water types (something I am unreasonably nervous about even trying nowadays *coughmonotyperuncough*). Even when I was little and didn't care a BIT about stats, I knew that that thing was a powerhouse. Mix that with Fire types like Growlithe (squee!) and Vulpix (double squee!), and you've got an instant Poke-pyro on your hands! Charizard's no longer my favorite Fire type (that honor goes to Vulpix, obviously), but I love it dearly for being the one that started it all.

Last edited:

Faolan

darĸneѕѕ prevaιlѕ.
    Years
    The Second Generation.
    Well, Houndoom. Mainly because it's the best Combination of types. Dark/Fire.

Last edited:

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    that would be Charizard and Chimchar

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
    I was looking for this :)
    Please sort me out:

Name: Charicific

Partner: Infernape Please!

Why I like Them?
    Hehe, they are beastly, they are overpowered and they have cool personality, I mean have you seen Charizard and Infernape?! Fire Types have this Unique Design and Personality! I LOVE THEM X)

Anything Else? Well, allow me to clarify I didn't choose Charizard because he and Infernape tie to #1 Pokemon for me, I chose Infernape however since not much choose him :/

Generation with Best Fire Types: Well, Gen IV didn't have much, Gen V in overall wasn't perfect, so I will stick with Gen I.

Which PkMn makes me Appreciate Fire Types: The answer lies in My avatar Picture. Charizard and Infernape. While I was an "Old School" watcher, Charizard was my favorite Pokemon and my First ever. I realized later that my choice was right after seeing him turn into the strongest pkmn I've seen in the Anime. Almost the same with Infernape, except, I didn't think I will love Infernape as much as Charizard......I was wrong....Now Infernape ties with Charizard with number 1 and seeing the Outrageous Blaze was something I will never ignore...That Pokemon is amazing, in terms of design and total power...makes me proud of my decision ;( I feel Proud ;( .....

One more thing: My Avatar SUMMARIZES Everything I said!

Last edited:

=(^.^)=

Rawrr♥ PC's Snugglemonster
    Years
    Your Name: =(^.^)= or Paws, I don't mind either :3

Your Partner Pokémon: Flareon, please. I was surprised no one had taken it yet >.>

Why You Like Fire-Types:
    They tend to be adorable as well as powerful <3 Plus I hate the cold and love the heat and summer, so they're perfect to me~

Anything Else:

• Which Generation do you think had the best Fire-types?
    Well, I love the first generation the best. Flareon, Charizard, Growlithe, Arcanine, Magmar, Charmander, Charmeleon, Vulpix, Ninetails, they were all so good :3

• What pokemon really makes you appreciate Fire-types?
    It depends on the aspect of fire types that I'm appreciating. If it's their power, then I'd go with something like Charizard, whose flames can melt boulders, or Volcarona, who threatened to wipe out half my team as I tried to catch it on White.

However, if I'm admiring the beauty/adorableness of the fire types, I'd go with Flareon, Vulpix, or Ninetails. They all look very snuggily and perfect to hug on a crisp winter day. x3

PokemonFan5230

Mario Bro.
    Years
    Your Name: PokemonFan, but feel free to call me Hill.

Your Partner Pokémon: Pansear

Why You Like Fire-Types: I started liking Fire Types when I got Colosseum and got the trading cards. I quickly appreciated the strength of Fire, and next thing I know I turn out to worship fire, as one of my top 3 even on other games, I worship fire's power.

Anything Else: For the answer to Which Generation had best Fire-Types I would have to say Johto.

For the answer to what pokemon really makes me appreciate Fire-Types:

Charizard of course, he was among my favorite pokemon, I used him in nearly all my Colosseum battles, and relied on him the most. I also like Chimchar and Pansear from fire, mostly because I like monkeys.:D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back