• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed is edited massively. WHY?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2010
    In addition to FireRed being hacked way more than LeafGreen, I also don't get why Ruby is hacked way more than Sapphire. I might try to do a Sapphire hack and prove that Sapphire is just as good as Ruby.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • no not at all for most ppl they chose firered over leafgreen when the real games came out so they liked that version better so they were able to figure out more of the offsets there are more compatable programs for firered than leaf green it a fact also this thread should be called why is firered hacked massivly not editied

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    In addition to FireRed being hacked way more than LeafGreen, I also don't get why Ruby is hacked way more than Sapphire. I might try to do a Sapphire hack and prove that Sapphire is just as good as Ruby.

FR vs. LG or Ruby vs. Sapphire... it's just laziness. People have the offsets for FR or Ruby already, and they don't usuallly care about getting them for their twins.

Pokemon FireRed is the most stable game in the series. To avoid crashes, they use this.

Most stable? What are you talking about? Not the word "stable" again...
    It's pretty much pointless. All the ROMs are stable, that's it.

There is. Some data is in different places, meaning some tools screw up.

Some badly/lazily designed tools, I guess.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I also always wondered that because I prefer green to red , so that is quite interesting. I wouldnt have thought that these games data are so different .

TehBazzard

Main creator of FireRed+
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2009
    Like as most of you said, Ruby and FireRed are hacked more because there is more code from these games shared, but I view it more positively. There would be a lot less hackers around without the "Sharing is Caring" thing that we got. Sure it may not seem too professional to not figure some things out on your own, so I plan to do that. There isn't changing some people though.
    Also, if you guys are complaining that Sapphire/LeafGreen/Emerald is hacked less, why not find some code and share it with us because there will always be lazy people, or just some guys hacking for the first time who want to have some stuff to work with first. Personally I'd love to see an Emerald Hack with a Battle Frontier. But I think why Sapphire and LeafGreen are hacked less is because first off; More people bought Ruby and FireRed over the other version. People might hack the version they played. Secondly, I haven't seen a specific incentive to hack the other version over the other. Thats because they are pretty much the same and people just choose the other because theres more tools shared that support the other version.

DA-Kizemaru

The Real Kizemaru-Kurunosuke
    Years
  • I think the reason FireRed is hacked more is because of the space in the block editor and the you can find more scripting help for it, because every one uses it.

Ruby is good as well, sapphire is hard to find.
    Emerald is good to, but you scripting for it might take some time.

Im a novice scripter and was taught using FireRed.

I'm not sure why LeafGreen isn't used.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • Ugh, not another "Why Fire Red" Thread.
    Seriously I have seen like, 10 of these.
    Most of the time, there is less complicated stuff to deal with in Fire Red, such as there are no secret bases, or there isn't a built in clock to deal with time based events.
    That and Fire Red has a better looking tile set.

NatureKeeper

I was just asking why is firered is hacked more than Ruby.

And that's why Alice is about to close the thread.

And yes, there are no such things unstable ROMs.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back