• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Firered/Leafgreen plus Ruby/Saphire DS remake?

Second Coming of Jebus

pies be with you
Years
  • I think we will get a ruby and sapphire remake with the next handheld nintendo system along with generation five. And if pokemon last long enough we will get a generation six with an even newer system along with diamond and pearl remakes and the cycle will go on and on and on and on and on.......forever.

QFT. Agree with everything you just said. I'm sure pokemon will last til gen 8 or 9 imo.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Echoing Todoroki, I can see Nintendo remaking these games every ten years or so, as long as they remain profitable.

Personally, I'm hoping against a Hoenn region remake. Just because those games are.. not my favorite. And besides, a main reason for the GSDS games is because of the loss of the GBA slot on the DSi, which makes getting the some of the Johto monsters a lot harder to get a hold of.

This this this x a million.

:/ Just look at Final Fantasy. They've remade the first games how many times now? I'm sure once they get through this iteration of remaking the original games for DS, they'll probably start over making them all pretty on PSP or PS3, even. I assume Nintendo will remake everything in gen 3 next (though FRLG will probably get remade another 10 years down the line at a big PKMN franchise milestone) and so on.

Cloudskye

My Own Personal Hell
    Years
  • If it wasn't for the fact that Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Fire Red, and Leaf Green can communicate with Diamond and Pearl (in more than just trading, as slipping in a certain game and you can catch a certain Pokemon ), then I would say it would be possible. But they do, and so I highly doubt they're going to remake them.

Like what iPoke said, if it is a Gold/SIlver remake, it'll be because we have no access to the Johto region, and the only ways you can get Totodile, Chikorita, and Cyndaquil is through Colliseum and Action Replay.

I agree with this. Access to the Johto region is one of the only reasons that they'll make the remake, correct? Totodile, Chikorita, and Cyndaquil... You can get those in E/R/S I THINK... If you complete the Hoenn Dex. That's what I was told.

Years
  • they will def remake them. if seems like a trend nintendo has (or gamefreak??) new generation comes out, then a remake. i definitely think it will happen.

Years
  • No for a Kanto game remake. Its already getting a remake in G/S (If they keep the feature going between Johto and kanto)

I say yes for a Hoenn remake but maybe after 5th gen.

thedgr05

Tower of Doom creator
    Years
  • I think if they were going for a kanto remake it´s more likely that they remake Yellow version with a travel to the Orange islands and more feartures like:
    -any pokemon can follow you
    -day/night
    -berries (in the Orange Islands?)
    -Honnen and johto pokemon in the Orange islands
    -Orange Islands gyms and E4
    -battle vs Prof. Oak?
    -All 150 original pokemon disponible (except maybe raichu?)

and If they were to remake R/S/E they should add a trip to shinno maybe after beating the E4 or completing the pokedex?

Alpha Bass

Scrap-Data™
    Years
  • No, no, no, no! R/S/E were the games that started killing the series...D/P/PL just finished the job...I swear...theres to many go modding pokemon...
    Groundon- controls all of the land (WHAT?!)
    Kyogre- master of everything water (Not as much as a god modder as groundon....)
    Dialga- controls time (SERIOUSLY! no! Whos idea was it to make a controller of time?!)
    Palkia- controls space (again, not as bad of a god modder....but still, cheap )
    Arceus- the pokemon version of god (ok, arent the pokemon after sinnoh suppost to be better than sinnoh? Nice! Lets see how you beat god -_- )

Seriously, R/S/E are games taht should never ever, ever, ever, EVER, have a remake, they were terrible!

balkj06

Pokemon Kanto
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2015
    well for every pokemon game (red blue ruby sap...) there is a manga series if they did make a remake they would have to add on the storyline so there can be a manga series for it but... red is 19 years old and if they did have a firered remake you will be playing as a 23 year old red (which I highly doudt)

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • Maybe for every decade, there could be a remake of a Generation?

Could this be really be in grasp. From what one is saying is, to have another remake, Pokémon must live for another five or ten more years, but could that really happen?

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
    Years
  • I think later down the line thats possiable that R/S/E will be remade, but not on the DS, or DSI, I mean see the trend of New Nintendo Handheld = New/Remade Pokemon Version, and I think there going to continue that trend.
    I mean lets break this down...
    Gameboy = Red/Blue
    Gameboy Pocket = Yellow
    Gameboy Color = Gold/Silver/Crystal
    Gameboy Advanced = Ruby/Sapphire
    Gameboy Advanced SP = Fire Red/Leaf Green
    Gameboy Micro = Emerald
    DS = Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
    DSI = Heart Gold/Soul Silver

Last edited:

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • No, no, no, no! R/S/E were the games that started killing the series...D/P/PL just finished the job...I swear...theres to many go modding pokemon...
    Kyogre- master of everything water (Not as much as a god modder as groundon....)
    Dialga- controls time (SERIOUSLY! no! Whos idea was it to make a controller of time?!)
    Arceus- the pokemon version of god (ok, arent the pokemon after sinnoh suppost to be better than sinnoh? Nice! Lets see how you beat god -_- )

Seriously, R/S/E are games taht should never ever, ever, ever, EVER, have a remake, they were terrible!

These two pokemon were completely useless since they had Celebi the time traveling pokemon(which would mean it could manipulate time) and Mew the origin of all pokemon(can learn every move way more of a god than Arceus)

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • Sure, R/S/E weren't the best pokémon games ever, but you have to admit it had some pretty cool things:

Diving, which I actually MISS from the game.

Even if 75% of Generation 3 pokémon suck, there were a few highlights (all those Gardevoir and Mudkip fans would agree with me.)

Secret bases, at least they weren't confined to just caves. (I'll miss my tree base.)

Double Battling, self explanatory.

Weather added another layer to battling.

Abilities made pokemon seem more unique (what was the difference between Sunflora and some other random grass type in generation 2?)

Berries were better defined. (PSNcure Berry? Imagine if berries and fruits were named like that in real life.)

Overworld sprites were improved. (I'll cry if I ever see Porygon's overworld spire replaced with Electrode's!)

Some of the events were pretty epic. (the unlocking of the Regis, and the storm caused by Kyogre.)

And we all know that the trick room if nothing more was an interesting thing to go through.

Sophidius

Need a storyline? PM me!
    Years

I agree, they should've sticked with legendaries like Lugia and Ho-Oh, who were just powerful. Mewtwo was okay too, but this is just over the limit. How could you possibly top God Pokemon? More powerful God Pokemon of course!
    (How'd you beat uberpowerful Goku. With another Goku who has even more muscles! And how'd you beat him? More muscles, more muscles, etc. till you get an incredibly unrealistic monster, who's too strong, so he brings himself down :S).

Sure, R/S/E weren't the best pokémon games ever, but you have to admit it had some pretty cool things:

Diving, which I actually MISS from the game.

Even if 75% of Generation 3 pokémon suck, there were a few highlights (all those Gardevoir and Mudkip fans would agree with me.)

Secret bases, at least they weren't confined to just caves. (I'll miss my tree base.)

Double Battling, self explanatory.

Weather added another layer to battling.

Abilities made pokemon seem more unique (what was the difference between Sunflora and some other random grass type in generation 2?)

Berries were better defined. (PSNcure Berry? Imagine if berries and fruits were named like that in real life.)

Overworld sprites were improved. (I'll cry if I ever see Porygon's overworld spire replaced with Electrode's!)

Some of the events were pretty epic. (the unlocking of the Regis, and the storm caused by Kyogre.)

And we all know that the trick room if nothing more was an interesting thing to go through.

Yeah, Ruby and Sapphire weren't so bad. And DPPt started with God Pokemon, because of the incredibly powerful RSE Pokemon. Like I said above: You get a uberpowerful Goku effect, which causes the Pokemon to become more and more overpowered. It's not Pokemon's fault that they have to come up with something stronger every generation. It's because of the audience who wants to see more and more action.

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    If there is a Ruby/Saphire remake I presume it would be made a lot later in the DSi's life on perhaps even in the third incarnation of the DS.

Sophidius

Need a storyline? PM me!
    Years
  • If there is a Ruby/Saphire remake I presume it would be made a lot later in the DSi's life on perhaps even in the third incarnation of the DS.

Personally, I think that Nintendo won't make another DS. I actually believe they'll come up with something entirely new, just like the GameBoy series was a predecessor of the DS. I do think they'll put Nintendo in front of it, though. (Maybe the Nintendo VR (Virtual Reality) with motion sensor in the device itself (like a Wii-Mote without Wii and with a touch screen on top of it) with Mario Kart VRoom? :D)
    Just a silly thought of mine that seemed cool if it would actually happen :P

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    I wouldn't want a R/S remake.
    It's just something that I have no interest in.
    I think Nintendo would create a 5th gen instead of remaking a game that's only a few years old and there isn't much demand for.
    I think more people would want a 5th gen. Just an opinion.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2016
    Think about this...

People are saying that Nintendo will keep remaking games for a long time. If that happens, and re-remake R/B/Y, do you think they will incorporate Johto? I mean, where was Tohjo Falls in FR/LG? You're used to going through Tohjo Falls to the east on your way to Kanto, but what about to the west on your way to Johto? Ever thought about that?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    I haven't ever thought about it.
    I don't plan to, really.
    Not something that interests me, but I'm sure it's a possibility.
    Would be interesting to others I'm sure.

Last edited:
    Back