• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen First and Second Gen. Journey Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Doctor

What!?
Years
  • Barely Won Against, TOTODILE was my only pokemon.

First and Second Gen. Journey Journal

-------
    Decided To Check Out A Route Before I Head To Sprout Tower And LOOK WHAT I RAN INTO!
    First and Second Gen. Journey Journal

First Shiny In Crystal, Didnt Expect it Completly, MUST NOT KO IT!

I dont know how to save on emulators so all my work just f*cked off down the toilet.

Last edited:

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • In Silver Version, I went to go capture Lugia. Afterward, I decided to go get Ho-oh, too. Surprisingly, it only took me one Ultra Ball to catch Ho-oh o_o. Now I still have my Master Ball for one of the legendary dogs (beasts?).

~Hot n' Cold~

is too good for a title.
    Years
  • POKéMON BLUE EXPEDITION
    Hey yo, I'm starting my new challenging - I'm going after every game and trying to destroy every single Pokédex. That means see AND catch all of them. So far, I have this:

SEEN - 18
    SEEN BUT NOT CAUGHT - 5 [Squirtle, Sandshrew, Diglett, Geodude, Onix]
    CAUGHT - 13

Just defeated Brock with 1 Pokémon. ;) Well anyway, here are my Pokémon that I have right now.

- LV15 Charmander
    - LV14 Pidgey
    - LV14 Nidoran [M]
    - LV15 Nidoran [F]
    - LV14 Butterfree
    - LV14 Beedrill
    - LV14 Pikachu
    - LV14 Rattata
    - LV14 Spearow

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I just restarted my Crystal and started with Cyndaquil. I'm going to try to beat the game with my favorites. So I should end up with...

Quilava
    Smeargle
    Umbreon
    Jolteon
    Quagsire
    Nidorina

Normally Quagsire would be Wartortle, but I have no means of getting one onto the game. Oh well, Quagire is still a favorite. C:

jujuju

The Guelah Papyrus
    Years
  • Currently doing another run through of Pokemon Silver and I am now trying to get Team Rocket out of the Radio Tower in Goldenrod.

Current Team:
    Feraligatr Lv.52@Berry
    Ice Punch
    Surf
    Bite
    Slash

Parasect Lv.45@Miracle Seed
    Slash
    Cut (Going to replace with Giga Drain, hence the Miracle Seed)
    Dig
    Spore

Typhlosion Lv.44@Magnet
    Ember
    Flame Wheel
    Quick Attack
    Thunderpunch

Scyther Lv.44@ X Attack
    Slash
    Fury Cutter
    Wing Attack
    False Swipe

Dragonair Lv.44@X Speed
    Dragon Rage
    Twister
    Surf
    Headbutt

Pidgeot Lv.46@Sharp Beak
    Fly
    Wing Attack
    Swift
    Mud-Slap

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Just beat Whitney and I'm training to about...level 26-30ish before taking on Morty. Favorite city and gym leader, so I'm excited. Also got a female Eevee. That's a first for me in Crystal. Also, I might not be using Jolteon. Might go with Delibird instead, if it's even in Crystal. If not, then I don't mind having an empty slot.

August/Quilava (m) lv. 26 @ Everstone
    Ember, Fury Cutter, Quick Attack, Smokescreen

Marauder/Quagsire (m) lv. 23
    Water Gun, Amnesia, Mud-Slap, Slam

Sakaka/Nidorina (f) lv. 22
    Tackle, Scratch, Tail Whip (or Growl...idr), Poison Sting

Lavian/Eevee (f) lv. 22
    Tackle, Tail Whip, Growl, Sand-Attack

Last edited:
    Years
  • Restarted my Crystal version again even though I had the most awesomesauce team of
    Croconaw
    Pikachu
    Natu
    Bulbasaur
    Gyarados
    Ledian

I could not beat Morty and I just restarted with Totodile and I'm at Azalea. My hopeful team will be (By champion battle):

Feraligatr
    Togetic
    Espeon
    Pidgeot
    Pikachu
    Xatu

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2011
    My story:

(In no way am I trying to brag with this post. It has taken me a very long time in order to complete what I have done and I just wish to post what I have attained in my first and second gen of Pokemon).

Favorite Pokemon: Mew
    Second Favorite: Mewtwo

My story was a quite simple one and one that took me to completing what I envisioned when I got my silver version. I have arguably created the most powerful lineup possible for the second generation games.

(My red version has 151 Pokemon Owned & Seen) (Complete Pokedex)
    (My Silver version has 250 Pokemon Owned & Seen) (Complete Pokedex W/Out the Celebi/Impossible to attain w/out a gameshark)

My Silver Lineup:
    All Lvl 100: Mew, Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-oh, Tyranitar, and Dragonite.

Combined these six pokemon produce the single greatest statistical power in all of pokemon. Mewtwo, Ho-oh, and Lugia are the three most powerful Pokemon in the second gen games. The next bracket is filled with Mew, Tyranitar, Dragonite, and... Celebi. However, Mew, Tyranitar, and Dragonite are statistically equal to Celebi in overall statistics. (No other Pokemon in the second generation game are overall as powerful as these seven Pokemon) The problem with obtaining a Celebi is that it is impossible on American versions and I personally do not use a gameshark. This has hindered me from obtaining the final 251 Pokemon but I do not mind since I do not use the gameshark.

I obviously used the Mew Glitch in order to obtain the final Pokemon for both of my Pokedex. So without cheating I did obtain 150/249 possible Pokemon. The Mew basically has filled the 6th spot in my lineup to help me create the ultimate overall lineup in the Second Gen Games. Now of course there are many factors in a Pokemon battle, but based statistically and by my own experiences these 6 Pokemon are the ultimate lineup, and are really a bugger to try and beat.

I have also put the strongest moves and TM's that these Pokemon can learn. Unfortunately my Ho-oh does not have Sacred Ash which is only obtainable in Gold, and my Gold version had a lvl 100 Ho-oh but has been wiped out. The Lugia still has aeroblast and the other Pokemon like Mewtwo and Mew have the basic Psychic and 3 other powerful moves.

My questions are as follows.

Does anybody know of a better lineup than this? I have searched online and have used my own life experience and this is the best that I have come up with.

Also, does anybody know how to get Celebi? It would be pretty awesome to finally get 251 Pokemon. It requires the GS Ball, but however has become impossible to American users w/out the gameshark. Is there a chance that if you have all 250 Pokemon, Nintendo may grant you one? The Ilex forest shrine is where it is found but I have never been able to get anything to pop out of it by using sweet scent. (which I found out wasn't possible after an hour of trying) :(

If you have any questions for me please mail me. I have spent 100's of hours on these games and know them pretty much in and out.

Years
  • So I beat the Elite Four and all 16 badges and now I'm training at Mt Silver to take on Red. My team consists of:
    Umbreon
    Pikachu
    Nidoqueen
    Pidgeot
    Arcanine
    Feraligatr

So yeah, scratch my last post (:

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2018
    Just started victory road in pokemon yellow, but it appears I'm going to need a lot more training

jujuju

The Guelah Papyrus
    Years
  • Just restarted by Silver game. I plan on using a team of Beedrill, Ninetales, Kingler, Espeon, Dragonite and Rhydon.

Edit:
    Just beat Jasmine. Current team:
    Vulpix Lv. 35 @Charcoal
    Ember
    Confuse Ray
    Quick Attack
    Flamethrower

Dragonair Lv. 34
    Headbutt
    Twister
    Thunder Wave
    Dragon Rage

Espeon Lv. 38
    Psybeam
    Bite
    Quick Attack
    Shadow Ball

Beedrill Lv. 34
    Twineedle
    Pursuit
    Poison Sting
    Fury Attack

Kingler Lv. 36
    Surf
    Vicegrip
    Stomp
    Strength

Last edited:

humanking

Old School Fan
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2010
    found my crystal not long ago, now i'm in the cave in between violet city and the other (azaela if i'm not mistaking?) with a lvl 14 furret and a 14 chikorita!

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2010
    Once, in Yellow, I got frustrated that none of my Pikachu's attacks could do any damage against Brock, so I went and caught a Rattata, trained it to Lv13 or so, and managed to beat Brock with gratuitous amounts of Tail Whip and Quick Attack.

Long story short: By the time I got to the E4, all my pokemon were low-level and untrained...with the exception of a Lv81 Raticate who knew Hyper Fang, Super Fang, Water Gun and Tail Whip. I got demolished by them every time.

Cut me some slack--I was 9.

Eventually my friend agreed to trade me a Lv100 Mew from his Silver version, and I managed to beat the E4 handily after that. I was proud of myself then, but now I'm looking back and feeling kind of cheap about the whole thing.

I wish I could find my Yellow version now...if I could, I'd go back and play the quest over again, training my Pikachu and the 3 starters evenly and getting together a good, well-balanced team to beat the E4.

Alas, it was stolen a while back...

AnjinMiura_PL

Challenger Extraordinaire (?)
    Years
  • As it's topic for describing our games, I'll give a try ;)

Game:Pokemon Crystal [emulator]
    Starter:Cyndaquil (anyway, it's not important)
    Target:To make an uber poison/bug team! And to finish the game in another way, I guess ;)

So, I started...geez, we all know what is at the beginning. I picked a Cyndaquil and started my poison/bug journey. First Pokemon which I caught was Caterpie. It was my plan to get Butterfree. After quick training mah Caterpie turned into strong, powerful and strong again (yeah ;D) Lvl 12 Butterfree. I've beaten Hitler (rival, xD) first time with mah immortal butterfly and finished a "Mr. Pokemon Quest". After that I've headed to Violet - time to get Bellsprout!

I've had Bellsprout in a lot of my old games. Time to bring back memories. Well skilled Bellsprout destroyed Violet Gym and snatched Zephyrbadge for me. I sent Quilava to PC (maybe you don't like it, maybe it was wrong), and with brand new Weepinbell and Butterfree I was on the way to Azalea. Rockets, Bugsy and Hitler - that was the plan.

Third Pkmn which joined my team was Ekans. Training of Ekans went well after 9lvl (Poison Sting), so I've had Arbok in Azalea already. Team levels were about 23, Rocket's butts were kicked, Bugsy defeated, Hitler was very angry again - B/P Team were stronger and stronger, Goldenroad ahead!

I know one place, very close to Johto, where the Moon Stone is. Tohjo Falls! So maybe I should get Nidoking or Nidorina first time? But which Pkmn - Nidoqueen or Nidoking - could learn Surf? Nidoqueen, exactly. Hell yeah. But first, I went to National Park and catched Nidoran(f). As always, ubertraining mode was lauched and fourth Pkmn joined my team. That was the plan. Whitney was crashed by Nidorina without any doubt. Now to Ecruteak. We gotta kick some asses, folks.

I've used Krabby as Surfer in journeys beetwen Olivine and Cianwood. Team also trained very hard, so every Pkmn (Butterfree, Weepinbell, Arbok, Nidorina) had 40 lvl before route to Mahogany. I also won with Hitler again (not this time man). Fight with Jasmine was tough, but Nidorina's Surf saved the battle. 40's team in Mahogany, but I still have two free places in mah team. Which Pkmn I should choose? Which Pkmn is good to join my party?

Venomoth, of course. I can't stand any game without Venomoth. I really like Venomoth, it's so cool and powerful. So I catched Venonat first. Some skilling. Evolution into Venomoth. Ven'th won all battles with Rockets in Mahogany alone. Hell yeah, Ven'th rocks. It also defeated Pierce and rest of ice trainers for me. Above 40's team, Elm calls - Radio Tower in troubles. Without fly we walked about a minute or two, but it wasn't any problem. We entered the Radio Tower and...

...as always, everybody must be anihilated. No doubt, B/P Team is too strong for Rockets. For Hitler too, cause I defeated him again in basement. Director saved, team about 45 lvls - I need some ubertraining before E4. But I've time, I also need a bagde from Blackthron. With little problems, but it's mine after battle with Clair and journey to Den. Eight bagdes, Elm's call - "Master Ball is awaitin'!". I was in New Bark again. Without rest I went to Kanto - Elite Four will pass before my power too. But only if I raise my power by some cool training.

Journey to Indigo Plateau was cool. With some problems, but I passed througth all trainers and entered the Victory Road. VR is so easy in G/S/C games, so it took a minute. I've met Hitler again and kicked him again too. Now ubertraining in Victory Road starts. It took some time, but after all, I've had a 52lvl team, E4 is awaiting, we GONNA KICK SOME ASSES NOW REALLY COOL! Okay, not too loud ;) Just enter the hall, win four battles, beat my pal Lance and become a Pkmn League Meister ;)

Will was easy, Arbok had fun time while killin' every Will's fallaz. Koga couldn't stand But-Ven Psychostorm. Bruno was the easiest, But-Ven + Nidoqueen Surf = really easy win. Karen. Yeah, some problems. IIRC Butterfree was FNT so fast. But the rest of team saved the day. Lance. Lance, hello Lance. I wanna grab some Meister title. Oww yeah, that was the fire. Really hard battle, at the end there was only Dragonite Lvl 50 vs Arbok Lvl 53. Eternal King Of Poison Armageddon (xDD) proved that he's the best. Ober is new League Champion. Yeah. Pack ya **** folks, no time to waste - Kanto badges!

And things in Kanto are really boring. Nobody can't stand my attacks, every quests going so well. And also, I've a really annoying problem. Remmember old guy in Bill's house in Cerulean. Yeah, those guy. I must catch Oddish to get Leaf Stone to evolve Weepinbell into Victribell. But I cannot find Oddish, dammit. And I'm still lookin', and lookin', and lookin', and...I'm bored a little. I started a Yellow game, but it's a story for another post ;)

And a little summary:
    Arbok Lvl. 53
    Nidoqueen Lvl. 53
    Venomoth Lvl. 53
    Butterfree Lvl. 53
    Weepinbell Lvl. 54
    Who will be 6th? ;>

But I would really like to start new Crystal game. But I don't have any idea to make a team. :(

So long, with some language mistakes surely. As always - I always write too much.
    Anyway, I hope that you have any fun while reading this ;)

Ober

Last edited:

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    I just started Silver recently, having had no experience with anything but Red and Yellow up to this.
    I am sooooooo bad at it.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • Restarted Blue a while back and i'm trying to complete my Pokédex for the first time ever. As i'm going through the game i'm catching any new available Pokémon and training them up.

So far i've just beaten Sabrina in Saffron City and i've got 89 Pokémon in my dex. The next Pokémon available to catch is Snorlax which thankfully I won't have to train up too far.

I'm also using Gold to help with training and collecting any of the Pokémon that aren't available in Blue version.

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    I've never completed the Pokedex. Partly because it's impossible (I have Red but can't trade it with anything), partly because that would require training things like Dratini and Magikarp 15-25 levels till they evolve, even if you didn't plan on using them in the game. D: I am far too lazy for this.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • Haha, i'm usually the same, but I thought this time round i'd make the effort xD

It hasn't been easy, but having Gold to trade Pokémon to helps a little.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back