• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Game You Played

Which was your first Pokemon game?

• Red/Blue

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Yellow

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Gold/Silver

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Crystal

• Ruby/Sapphire

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Fire Red/Leaf Green

• Emerald

• Diamond/Pearl

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Platinum

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Heart Gold/Soul Silver

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black/White

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Cordelia

Banned
Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I got Blue not too long after it came out. I was 12 at the time.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Yellow was the first game I played. :) I was mad Gary took that Eevee. That was supposed to be mine.

MMundy777

Aspiring Gym Leader
    Years
  • My brother and I got both Red and Blue at the same time (with only one GB lol) So we took turns playing on the one GB. I played Blue and he played Red. We got lucky that they were our favorite colors! It's always worked out that we've always wanted the opposite of the other in every single one of the games. (We would both get the third though!)

Ahhhh good memories :)

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • First Game You Played

Pokemon Red Version. Oh the memories... it makes me want to play again just thinking about it.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2023
    My first Pokemon game was Yellow version. I remember everyone sneaking game boy colors to school :D. Great innocent memories I bet we all wish we had back :P.

NothingPersonal

The vietnamese pokemon master.
    Years
  • Pokemon Diamond. I caught nearly all the legendaries and I pwned the elite four with a level 1 magikarp. Infernape, Staraptor, Gyarados, blah blah blah. Sadly, I lost the cartridge.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Started with red, since about 10 years ago? Still have that awesome red-coloured cartridge that is lying inside my Yellow Gameboy Colour waiting for me to play it.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    The first Pokemon game I played was Emerald. :3 I still have the cartridge, but it doesn't save anymore :(

7Mufasa7

Velohsytea
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2014
    pokemon blue.
    ahhh what good memories.
    when nothing mattered but getting your favorite pokemon.
    now its all EVs/IVs/natures/typing/shinys/ect.

1st gen games were the best.

i remember i'd be in my room at night (like 11pmish) next to the window (for light) playing that thing then waking up the next morning for school, all dead tired. lol.

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
  • I started with Red. To this day I look down on anyone who chose/chooses Blue version over it... Jokingly but yeah :P Red all the way! I remember getting stuck in my house. I couldn't for the life of me find the door :| and that old man wanting his coffee, man that was hard.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • I started on Yellow. I remember losing to brock numerous times since my team was just pikachu and a couple of normals. Sad to admit, but he was the only leader that gave me issues. I slaughtered all of the others.

But yah, i've played all of the main games so far. Yellow was good, but after I got used to the superior graphics of the 3rd gen+ games I started to really dislike first gen.

Am I the only one who looks down on those who started on 3rd gen or higher?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I was a little late into the fandom, getting Silver and Gold on my eighth birthday. I chose Silver first, and thus it became the first Pokemon game I played. Later I went back to play R/B/Y, but to be quite honest I never did beat the Elite Four in any of those games. xD;

Years
  • My first game was pokemon blue not to long after it came out. I can still feel that warm fuzzy feeling when I got my first pokemon, an adorable squirtle.

Back