• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Pokémon game you played?

What was the first Pokemon game you played?

• Red/Blue

Votes: 220 53.5%
  • Yellow

Votes: 60 14.6%
  • Gold/silver

Votes: 54 13.1%
  • Crystal

Votes: 18 4.4%
  • Ruby/Sapphire

Votes: 29 7.1%
  • Fire Red/Leaf Green

Votes: 12 2.9%
  • Emerald

Votes: 13 3.2%
  • Diamond/Pearl

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Platinum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pokemon - Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Pokemon - Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Darkness

• Pokemon Ranger

• Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia

• Total voters

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
    Mine was PMD1 Red...
    Not the best game you could start with, but i would never have played it if it weren't the last Pokemon game left in a shop closing next week :P

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    It was Pokemon Red, i got a Gameboy Colour with Pokemon Red and Pokemon Yellow for christmas the year they came out, and loved it.

HeidiMoose

[Insert User Title Here]
    Years
    My dad's friend's son gave me his old gameboy color with Pokemon Blue, and thus began my near 10 year Pokemon journey. XD

CP3

2Pac is still alive!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    One day I had an urge to play a Pokemon game, so I bought Pokemon Emerald and I'm glad I did.:D

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2011
    My parents gave me a gameboy color and pokemon yellow, and I've loved the series ever since.

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2012
    I said silver because that was the first technical game, but really my first pokemon game was pokemon pinball. anyone remember that?

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    It was blue version. my cousin got me hooked when I was only six, both to the games and the show.

Wow, this just made me realize that it's almost been ten years.

Schala_25

Denizen of the Darkness
    Years
    Mine was Red. My friend let me play it when he got it, and then I got both Red and Blue along with a GBC soon after. I've been playing ever since.

Pechachu

Indifference, I choose you!
    Years
    My first game ever was Red, back in.. 1999, I think, maybe earlier. I swapped with my sister, because she was crying about getting Blue when red was her favourite colour. Then I saw commercials for the "special pikachu edition" and begged my mum for that, so in the end, I caught 'em all. XD

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
    Years
    My first game was the Blue version. I remember having trouble getting out of my house at first (laame); that and a ton of hours spent with my friends chattering over these games. Aaah, good times.

suicidesal

GirlWithTheMostCake
    Years
    reeed, I would always play my brothers copy when he wasn't home and wouldn't save it- never got much further than Lt. Surge

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
    My first game was Pokemon Yellow, well it was my brother's game that he claims I lost. This makes me think that if Pokemon's been out since 10-11 years and I liked Pokemon since it came out soooo I think I was about 3 when I started playing Pokemon(even though I had no idea what I was doing and just kind of ran around).

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2008
    I got blue first, and I've been into it for 10 years now.That year was the only time I ever had all of the games, because there was only three, and that was the only time I ever caught all of the Pokemon.

Back