• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Pokémon game you played?

What was the first Pokemon game you played?

• Red/Blue

Votes: 220 53.5%
  • Yellow

Votes: 60 14.6%
  • Gold/silver

Votes: 54 13.1%
  • Crystal

Votes: 18 4.4%
  • Ruby/Sapphire

Votes: 29 7.1%
  • Fire Red/Leaf Green

Votes: 12 2.9%
  • Emerald

Votes: 13 3.2%
  • Diamond/Pearl

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Platinum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pokemon - Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Pokemon - Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Darkness

• Pokemon Ranger

• Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia

• Total voters

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
    The first Pokemon game I played was Red. I remember I had my Charizard and was all proud. :D Shortly after that I started collecting the cards, which I don't do anymore, but I remember getting the cards out and showing them off, and wishing I had a Charizard. xD

Funny now how water Pokemon are my favorite. Now I would choose a Squirtle over a Charmander. :)

Shadowlvx

7th d/p gym! with my weavile
    Years
    my first was pokemon yellow with my little pikachu following me around and had the worse graphics ever :/ when i look back at it know.

Shadowlvx

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
    Mine was Gold with Totodile =)
    I started watching the show when I was seven or so, and I think I got Gold when I was eight or so.

But, I consider my first real Pokemon experience as Crystal, because I got to be a girl in that game =)
    So the Johto region is very close to me.

... And, believe it or not, I hadn't played in the Kanto region until Fire Red and Leaf Green came out. I never played Red, Blue, or Yellow.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I am one of the few that was actually dumb enough to see the show and not know about the games. I received my first Pokemon Game, which was Pokemon Crystal, in a trip to San Antonio when I was 5 or so.

Just asking by the way, who the heck in this forum would've played Shadows of Almia as their first game? XD

Aepriz

Black Rose Collector
    Years
    A friend told me to buy a pokemon game , so i asked one fro x-mis (i guess about 8 years ago)
    I got pokemon red then .. i beated the game but i wasn't even close to the pokedex challenge :s .. for others ..
    in gold/silver/crystal/ruby/sapphire/leaf green
    in those games i have obtained all pokemon that you can get without tradin .. cus i just can't tdae i know noone with link cable

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2009
    The first game I played was blue version. I got it for Christmas and have loved it since.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    The first pokemon game i played was pokemon Yellow. When i was walking outside the grass from pallet town i swear to this day, that i ran into a wild pidgeotto. Of course it could have been a dream. xD

Back