• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Pokémon game you played?

What was the first Pokemon game you played?

• Red/Blue

Votes: 220 53.5%
  • Yellow

Votes: 60 14.6%
  • Gold/silver

Votes: 54 13.1%
  • Crystal

Votes: 18 4.4%
  • Ruby/Sapphire

Votes: 29 7.1%
  • Fire Red/Leaf Green

Votes: 12 2.9%
  • Emerald

Votes: 13 3.2%
  • Diamond/Pearl

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Platinum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pokemon - Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Pokemon - Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Darkness

• Pokemon Ranger

• Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia

• Total voters

RR☆Oresama

Why? Has someone died? (¬_¬;)
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 10, 2013
    My Red/Blue cart came in a multicart, and I recieved it in Hong Kong during the week of New Years 2000.

Man, I flushed that thing down the toilet, but that thing was awesome when I actually picked it up at first.

I kept running away from every battle though...
    XD

But you gotta admit, Yellow's better than the other Gen I games.

Tashiro

Total Perspective Vortex
    Years
  • I managed to snatch a LeafGreen right before GBA games "went out of style." I liked the look of venusaur. I had to choose between green/red.
    I received FireRed so I could get Pokémon that weren't in LeafGreen.
    I wanted Ruby because it's my birthstone, but I don't like mawile (understatement), so I purchased Sapphire secondhand.
    I wanted Emerald for.. legendary cloning reasons. (give Pokémon to friends, random people I meet online, blahblahblah.)
    I purchased Diamond when I got a DS, which was right after school ended in 2008. (US, that is.)
    I found PMD2 later and I've really enjoyed it. I restarted, though. (being a mudkip is awful.)
    PMD Blue followed and I'm stuck on where you fight Team Meanies.
    Pearl came for two reasons: I wanted a DS game I could restart, and I wanted to cure my fear of pinsir. (I managed to do so by catching one.)
    Platinum is coming sometime in March!

So, LeafGreen started it all, but my favorite is still Sapphire. <3

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2023
    I never had a gameboy,
    I played on my friends one when i was young, Pokemon Blue.

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
  • Pokémon Silver tbh O_o. I started off with Totodile, though I'm sure many of you would have too! It was only last year that I actually picked up this game for the first time. My friend had sold me his Gameboy Color and a copy of Silver. Though the internal battery was dead, I still had a bit of fun. But when I wanted to play the game MORE, I bought Diamond. And now here I am with nearly every Pokémon game in existence lmao.

RandomBlues

Pokemon and Keroro Gunso=<3
    Years
  • Ur... I think it was Yellow from a old fake game...(It has other games combined with it in the Cartridge)
    I think so, since I remembered a Pikachu walking around with the trainer, and all the graphics so old, like, the trainer was all black in one area.

I forggoten the second one, but I think it might be FireRed, or LeafGreen, or Sapphire, Or Ruby.

And then... PMD.

Once I get a DS, probably I'll get PMD2 first, wait for Platnium to come out, or maybe also buy Diamond or Pearl for Legit Pokemon trades online if I want...

WiiMann

I gots Heart Gold!! ^_^
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    Red

red and i still have the copy and i have a mew and i need 25 more pokemon to complete dex

Years
  • My first game was Ruby. It was the first game I had ever gotten for my new Gameboy, so then I bought the rest of the games used. (I traded Blue for Yellow, though)

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    Red was my first game in the series. It's the reason I even got into gaming, really. Ah, those were the days... I remember being so excited over catching a Pikachu.

Years
  • My first was Red. It wasn't totally mine, but I played it a lot when my *mean* older cousin let me. I remember... I was crying because I thought I released Pikachu. xD

But, as the person above said, Crystal was my real experience. I got to play as a girl, and that was the first Pokemon game that was fully mine. (Older cousin got out of Pokemon when Crystal came out.)

dewey

Anime Addict
    Years
  • i started with yellow back in 1998 or somethin. my friends had red but yellow just seemed so much cooler at the time. i mean srsly u have a pika followin u XD

Torosiken

The angst is in the bloodline
    Years
  • mine is emerald... the 2nd is silver... then leaf green... then sapphire... then fire red... then yellow... and diamond... and ranger and pmd1... then ranger2 and pmd2

Tsukiyo

Pokemon Origin Crisis Lead
    Years
  • Pokemon Yellow.
    I remember that it was that and not Red (which I must have gotten not very long after) because it came with that Pokemon GBC...XP

I was so excited that every time something new happened, I would make a point of running from wherever I happened to be to where my mom was and telling her (even though I've realized by now that she didn't really care)...xDD

Ah, the days when I could play those games at it never even cross my mind that the graphics were horrible.

After Yellow came Red, then Gold and Silver (which has disappeared off the face of the planet), then Crystal, then Sapphire (at which point I was devastated to learn that the Pokemon I'd slaved over for hours [and those which I made full use of the many glitches to obtain and/or "train"] could not be transferred over), then Pearl.
    At some point, I intend to get Emerald, and I'll definitely be getting Platinum when it comes out.

I'm not so sure about MD and PR, though. Maybe for the sake of getting Phione and Manaphy for the latter.

Last edited:
    Back