• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Pokémon game you played?

What was the first Pokemon game you played?

• Red/Blue

Votes: 220 53.5%
  • Yellow

Votes: 60 14.6%
  • Gold/silver

Votes: 54 13.1%
  • Crystal

Votes: 18 4.4%
  • Ruby/Sapphire

Votes: 29 7.1%
  • Fire Red/Leaf Green

Votes: 12 2.9%
  • Emerald

Votes: 13 3.2%
  • Diamond/Pearl

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Platinum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pokemon - Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Pokemon - Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Darkness

• Pokemon Ranger

• Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2009
    Mine was blue i had it when i was like 6 or 7 and i wasnt really sure what i was doing lol but ya blue was my 1st pokemon game and since then i have been hooked on pokemon

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    It was Pokemon Blue. I remember choosing a Squirtle and capturing a Pidgey on my first shot at it. It had great graphics for the time, even tho they look weird now.

.FoX.

Blaine's Succesor
    Years
    The first game I actually owned was Gold, but I've been playing ever since Red/Blue released on my friend's Gameboys

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    The first ever Pokemon game I have ever played was Pokemon Yellow, which came with the special Pokemon Game Boy Colour. I remember playing it non-stop and my step-dad even hacked the game, so that the Pikachu would follow me around - Even in buildings.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2010
    Mine was silver, I was in gamespot when I was 10 or so and just had to buy something so I bought it... and Liked it.

Years
    I think that my first Pokemon game was either Pokemon Gold, Pokemon Snap, Pokemon Stadium or this electronic Pokemon Pinball game that worked like a Game and Watch.

Tsukiyo

Pokemon Origin Crisis Lead
    Years
    My first game was Pokemon Red, which I got in 1998? Ten years... wow. Anyway it remains the only game I have completed the entire pokedex on. :)
    Same...xDD
    That was the only game I ever even tried to complete the 'dex on.
    It helped back then that I had a cousin who played as well.

The first ever Pokemon game I have ever played was Pokemon Yellow, which came with the special Pokemon Game Boy Colour. I remember playing it non-stop and my step-dad even hacked the game, so that the Pikachu would follow me around - Even in buildings.
    Er...Pikachu automatically follows you around everywhere, including into buildings.

Last edited:

Bolanboy

ǝpısdn uʍop
    Years
    The Christmas of '98, or '99. Whenever the Red/Blue games were released. Got Pokemon Blue and a purple Gameboy Colour that year while my brother got Red and a green Gameboy Colour. Best Christmas ever. =3

Years
    i started my red version with charmander. i assumed that was what you were supposed to do. my brother and i always got games for christm,as at the same time. he started blue with squirtle. then silver with my cyndaquil, gold with his tododile. but he's 4 yeats oplder than me and outgrew it. he gave me his gold, wich i then gamesharked to death and then gave to my bestie.

Jarin

In ur DS, stealin ur pogymons!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    Gold. Got it with my Pikachu game boy color. Man, I loved that thing.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Blue in 2000 XD Man, i remember being eager to get it because everone else in the school got it. And beating Misty the own night I put my hands on it. And finiding glitches. And... *teardrop*

Back