• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Pokémon game you played?

What was the first Pokemon game you played?

• Red/Blue

Votes: 220 53.5%
  • Yellow

Votes: 60 14.6%
  • Gold/silver

Votes: 54 13.1%
  • Crystal

Votes: 18 4.4%
  • Ruby/Sapphire

Votes: 29 7.1%
  • Fire Red/Leaf Green

Votes: 12 2.9%
  • Emerald

Votes: 13 3.2%
  • Diamond/Pearl

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Platinum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pokemon - Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Pokemon - Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Darkness

• Pokemon Ranger

• Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia

• Total voters

Sesh

Subjectively Objective
Years
  • Mine was pokemon yellow.. i think i got it when i was 5, but yeah i played the heck out of it, of course the second generation of poekmon games is what got me hooked, i didn't like Yellow that much in the end :]

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2009
    oh my god this thread just totally gave me a flashback...

I got pokemon Red and Blue. This was when I was 4 back in 2001 (11 now)
    I got it with my GameBoy Pocket. Gold and Silver were already out then, but I had no idea what the hell was going on. I didnt really even care if new ones were coming out.

Then I found out there was 2 other newer ones with over 100+ new pokemon. I shizzed my pants, then I ran to my moms room and I begged her to get it for me. She wouldnt though. Then, my babysitter got me gold from a pawn shop for $3.50. I was really happy.
    A couple weeks before, i got yellow.
    And a week after i got gold, i got silver.

Then my friend found a Ruby cartridge abandoned on the beach when we went for a school field trip. He was so lucky, I went over to his house and we played it ALLLLL day.

Now everyone who sees someone who plays pokemon they call them "Stupid lame ass f*gs" So no one knows I play pokemon except for me :). My little secret.

Flaming Pikachu

My Prices are Nice Nice Baby
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2009
    Hmm. I believe my first was Crystal back in who knows when. I think I got Blue a few months after it. I played the heck outta that game!

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • I got Gold Version along with a GBA for Christmas in about 2001/2002 and so that was the first Pokemon game I ever played.
    Just like most people, I got stuck at Sudowoodo and didn't even know that Azalea Town existed. *facepalm*
    I used a guide I found in an issue of K-Zone to help me out.

The Red Chain

Pokemon Blue! It was the very first Pokemon game I got to play. I didn't own it at the time, but now I do.
    My friend had gotten it, and he let me play a little bit.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2010
    i voted silver/gold... however i did play on a friends pokemon yellow before hand =O thats what made me want my own game and gameboy etc ^_^
    P.s he had a hot sister

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    First pokemon game i played was my red version, i think i still have it somewhere x_x

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    For my 5th birthday (lol...) my parents bought me Pokemon Gold and a Yellow Gameboy Color. Ever since, I've loved Pokemon and the GSC generation will always be special for me. The Gold version may have corrupted, but I still have the gameboy color :).

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2010
    Pokemon Blue. Ah the good old days. Back when there was a reasonable amount of pokemon to catch.

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
    Years
  • For me, it was Red. Ten years ago. Wow.

I'll still cherish my Silver above all others, however.

Heart

/////♥\\\\\
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Mar 2, 2010
    mine would be pokemon red/blue, it brings back memories though...

Back