• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Pokémon game you played?

What was the first Pokemon game you played?

• Red/Blue

Votes: 220 53.5%
  • Yellow

Votes: 60 14.6%
  • Gold/silver

Votes: 54 13.1%
  • Crystal

Votes: 18 4.4%
  • Ruby/Sapphire

Votes: 29 7.1%
  • Fire Red/Leaf Green

Votes: 12 2.9%
  • Emerald

Votes: 13 3.2%
  • Diamond/Pearl

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Platinum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pokemon - Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Pokemon - Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Darkness

• Pokemon Ranger

• Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    mine was pokemon yellow and it was really hard but i never got that pokemon experience because you started with a pikachu and he followed you out of a pokeball.

. R e ð e m p † i o n

•You got a piece of meh!•
    Years
  • It would be Pokemon Crater.

Sapphire along with Emerald. I wasn't interested in Pokemon until the third generations came into public purchase. It really brings back the memories...

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    Pokemon Red all the way! I got it with my Green Gameboy Color (I still have the original GB and Red version).
    My sister got Blue version, and eventually we both got both versions, and there started the addiction ;D.

Years
  • First Pokemon game I played was Ruby, and when I got to Groudon it was level 28.. I was a newbie back then and didn't catch it, instead I killed it :D

Fed

Battling on Wi-Fi.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2010
    Yellow. Ah good times. I liked it when Pikachu was happeh... :D

I followed up with Blue after that. Dunno. My grandma bought it for me. xD

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • The first Pokemon game I played was my brother's Red Version on his Yellow Game Boy Color. He was like 3 at the time, he couldn't play it on his own. Lv 77 Blastoise against the Elite Four... Not so good results. Restarted and actually trained an entire team lol. Then he got Yellow, played it, and I kept Red and played it on my Lime Green GBC I got.
    But Silver will always be my favorite. That game was practically glued to my hand all of the time. Got it the first Christmas is was out. Now own at least one Pokemon game from every series, except for a Pokemon Ranger game or the new Mystery Dungeons.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I started with Pokemon Blue like two-three years ago. Ever since then I've been hooked.

Shine Austin

But we gamble with desire.
    Years
  • My first Pokemon game I have ever played was Pokemon Silver :3 I think they should make a re-make of it since it's my favorite game of them all (excluding Pokemon Emerald).

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • Blue here.

I was so excited about getting it, it was unreal. Probably the most excited i've been about something in my life (Hey, give me a break I was about 5 haha). I got the official Nintendo guide bought for me (The one with the Pikachu on the cover), and that just didn't help matters at all. When it came to Christmas Eve I was that excited I didn't sleep a wink and ended up waking my poor mum up at about 6am so I could go downstairs and play it haha.

Can't remember who I chose at first, probably Charmander. I didn't get very far before I started again and the second time round I chose Bulbasaur. Good times.

Pokedude45

Pro Trainer and Pokemon Fan
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2010
    Pokemon yellow But it was either my brothers or my sisters
    It was 2000 I was 4 years old my sister let my brother play her pokemon silver (she doesnt play pokemon anymore::() anyway i guess my brother somehow got a pokemon yellow that I always played (even though I had no idea what I was doing but I recognised pikachu from the anime)I played yellow until I was like seven thats when ruby and sapphire came out and I got ruby for my birthday. when I was eight I got fire red and that braught me back to yellow.my brother got emerold wich he later gave to me when I was like 9 then I got diamond for my 11th birthday I traded emerold for a Gameboy (the old one broke)and got pokemon gold off of ebay The END

Lightey

The Night Owl
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2016
    Pokemon Silver. Those were the good old days.

Just me and Typholsion. The kick-butt team, the team who destroyed the elite four with one pokemon.

ShadowDragon~

Dragon King Extra Ordinaire
    Years
  • Pokemon Crystal ftw, i remember being 7 and my dream back then basically coming true
    XD

I wanted to have my own pokemon (lil kids dream), i remember feeling super happy when the little sprite moved around and you could see a list with pokemon

Lightey

The Night Owl
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2016
    Pokemon Crystal ftw, i remember being 7 and my dream back then basically coming true
    XD

I wanted to have my own pokemon (lil kids dream), i remember feeling super happy when the little sprite moved around and you could see a list with pokemon

LOL, when I was little I thought that parents made you go to bed so that they can play with their real Pokemon that they had.
    xDDDD

Back