• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Pokémon game you played?

What was the first Pokemon game you played?

• Red/Blue

Votes: 220 53.5%
  • Yellow

Votes: 60 14.6%
  • Gold/silver

Votes: 54 13.1%
  • Crystal

Votes: 18 4.4%
  • Ruby/Sapphire

Votes: 29 7.1%
  • Fire Red/Leaf Green

Votes: 12 2.9%
  • Emerald

Votes: 13 3.2%
  • Diamond/Pearl

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Platinum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pokemon - Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Pokemon - Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Darkness

• Pokemon Ranger

• Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia

• Total voters

hamermaner

Proud member of Team Mew
Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2013
    Though I've been a fan since the start, my first game was Ruby. After that, I've bought/played/beat every game after and most before.

~Fire Eagle~

The Advanced Trainer
    Years
  • The first Pokemon game I played was Pokemon Red because Charizard was my first fire type Pokemon ever and I just had to get it.

Ozzy

Banned
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2010
    HAHA! I remember Pokemon was the new "in" thing, I've been on and off for 10 years of my life. Yellow was my favorite, I still play the Generic version, Leafgreen and firered, the classics will always be the best.

Starberry

The berry of awesomeness
    Years
  • I never had a gameboy as a child. But when I was in my teens my cousin gave me his GBC and a few of his games including Red, Gold, and the Trading Card game. I decide to play Gold first and then Red.

Years
  • definately pokemon silver
    the best game ever and the most perfect game to start out with.. very enjoyable.. great storyline.. lots of things to do.. 16 gyms etc etc.. very fun... later on i played red blue yellow (never got a chance to play green) then i got gold which wasnt too bad (played the tcg game=crap) then i got a ruby but didnt have a gameboy to go with it until a little later (played sapphire but i like ruby better) then fire red the emerald and thats it.. the new ones kinda suck and i dont have any need for a ds..

oh and i forgot to add crystal i got that as well.. i loved how the sprites moved.. it was pretty cool and it was gr8 to have both lugia and ho0oh in one game..

Last edited:

System!

HM....................... .....
    Years
  • I remember my used Silver game like it was yesterday. I got it quite late, since Emerald came out around the time I got it. I didn't mind, I was happy that I finally got a Pokemon game (actually it was originally my bro's, long story).

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2013
    I got pokemon blue for my 10th birthday. I got yellow a few months later.

Years
  • the first game i played was pokemon blue for the gameboy haha. i was so frustrated trying to get charizard to evolve because i was new to the leveling up and pretty much whole game play, lol i kept looking at the tcg card to see if it had a hint haha i was about 9

レッド

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • My first pokemon game was Red version. I started off with Bulbasaur, I was so excited. I believe my age was 8 back then.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • My first pokémon game was Blue.
    And here I am, Eleven years later, quietly anticipating the European release of Pokémon Platinum.

fishrocker

the fish that rocks
    Years
  • I always loved the cards and the show since I was four or five. I didn't even know there were games until my brother got a Crystal with his GBA in 02. That was the first Pokemon game I played. The first one I owned was Silver.

Back