• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Rom Hack you played?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Well, the first ever rom hack I played was Chaos Black. I was tricked into buying that darn cartridge, darn you rom hack thieves!

dragonarche

Is back :D
    Years
  • Ahh i remember...
    it was pokemon shiny gold
    Dam that hack was good!!
    and then i played pokemon chaos black it was fun to then i discover that it was impossible to finish

Glitch.

maybe making a comeback
    Years
  • Shiny Gold X BETA 4 was the first hack I've played. then i came here to make my own hack.

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2013
    I've played one where it's crystal version but with lv 58 charizards in the first grass O_O
    I had to keep saving and hoping wild pokemon didnt come up lol.

That's because when I wrote the hack, it was unhealthy to be in certain areas at certain times of the day. Thanks for playing it.

Bokemob was the first I played..and afterwards, it inspired me to do Crystal All, mainly cause I thought a rom hack should be more than just some bad language tossed in. Anybody can do that.

No offense to the author of Bokemob, though. It was funny.

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I can honestly say I don't remember. I doubt I even played a hack until sometime around January, which was two or three months into my hacking career.

adi_balwani

A HUGE game fan
    Years
  • The first hack i played was Pokemon Chaos Black, Then Pokemon Ash's Quest, Then Light Platinum, Then Narajana at which time I discovered this site and now I'm back on the site again and again

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2009
    I haven't actually played one at all yet. I want to come at my first with a fresh mind.

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2021
    The first hack I've played was RD:Rescue Ranger.
    It was so fun even tho I never finished it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2010
    Mine was...

Well, my first hack ROM played was actually a cartridge!
    You guessed it! Chaos Black it is!
    At first, I was so stupid to believe it was a real game :disappoin!
    Then I went on to actually know about hacks, how to hack, and then play Liquid Crystal by linkandzelda!

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    The first rom ahck i played was many years ago, it was in 2000...Pokemon red but w/ different starters XD

rokrdude

POKEMON : SINNOH QUEST CREATOR
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    First hack I played was Shiny gold (many people say that)
    but i was kind of disappointed in the end that it was left incomplete

The one i enjoyed most was the second one i played Pokemon liquid crystal
    (hoping beta 3 comes out quickly)

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
  • My first was Pokemon Rijon. Really cool game. I like the idea of following Red's son on his Pokemon adventure.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 8, 2012
    My first was Shiny Gold. I downloaded it along with original games (FireRed, LeafGreen, Emerald, Sapphire, Ruby.....).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back