• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First rule of Fight Club: Don't talk about Fight Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
I've always been fairly sociable and never really had a problem making friends. I just be myself whenever other people are around. I find a lot of people make the mistake of trying to be somebody that they're not. Not saying that's true for you guys, but I'm pretty good at identifying people in real life who try too hard to appear overly confident or do/say things that actually just make them look obnoxious.

Just so we're clear, I'm not saying anybody in this thread is like that. I wouldn't do that because I don't know any of you well enough. This is just based on what I see daily on Facebook and other forums.

Years
I think some people being gangsta is just them being themselves. I dunno. Nothing wrong with trying to be confident, I think. And you can't please everyone so someone's gonna be annoyed by you whatever you do since that's just what happens when you're in high school.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
By people not being themselves I meant those who are bright orange with fake tan, wear lipstick with an outrageous colour (purple/green/turquoise/whatever), have every colour comprehendible to the human eye dyed into their hair and write all over the internet "M8 I AYNT CHAYNJIN FO NO BODY HOLLA IF YO HEER ME BLUDD".

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
Years
Oh, wow, people talking about school @_@ When I joined this forum I was in primary school v__v;; I'm in university now... I didn't like the school environment very much, but I love to learn~ so I'm primarily self-taught~ kind of a loner and all.

Some people aren't self-aware enough (particularly as questioning adolescents) to have a defined identity, so they'll latch onto anything to try to establish who they are and feel that belonging.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I had no problems making friends in school, even after transferring halfway through 10th grade due to my parents deciding to move. I just happened to enjoy it, a lot more than spending time at home. There were people my age I could talk with, my teachers were cool people, and I was involved in a lot of the after school activities. Fun times, actually, despite it being school xD

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I have trouble making friends at school because I don't talk to anyone I'm a pretty quiet person at school.

And I do not have a fetish for Pillow Pet blankets.

Yuki's Sword X Pillow Pet Blankets.

Crazypillowshipping.

Last edited:
Years
By people not being themselves I meant those who are bright orange with fake tan, wear lipstick with an outrageous colour (purple/green/turquoise/whatever), have every colour comprehendible to the human eye dyed into their hair and write all over the internet "M8 I AYNT CHAYNJIN FO NO BODY HOLLA IF YO HEER ME BLUDD".
Well, yeah, that might make it hard to make friends if you do that. Except on the internet, of course. Everyone can find like-minded people on good ol' internet.

Years
I had too many friends I think, to the point where I had a lot of friends from different social bearings who didn't like each other all the time, leaving me in the middle. XD

Years
I had too many friends I think, to the point where I had a lot of friends from different social bearings who didn't like each other all the time, leaving me in the middle. XD
All the people I knew in high school all knew each other and were more or less in the same social group and that didn't help people get along any better. lol

Margot

some things are that simple
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2022
UGH, YES ^ (@ Live) I tend to float around different groups too and one of my main group of friends hates socializing with the other people I know, and they don't make much of an effort to get to know them -_-

Although lately, since we all spread out for the colleges we transferred to, I don't talk to a lot of the groups as much. At school, it can be a bit hard to make a solid connection since I live downtown (not at the main campus) and most of the students are commuters so they can't hang out much.

Years
I got to play mediator quite a lot, as well as "Dr. Phil" for some people.

Maybe I should be a doctor then

I was able to get a few of the old guard back together this year, but last summer (2011) was really the last time we did anything substantial or hung out more than a few times. This summer flew by too fast to get any more friend time in. :(

Margot

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2022
I know what you mean :/ my boyfriend is working in a different city, my friends were busy getting ready to move to their new apartment while working and a lot were in summer school or in a new location so I didn't get to see them nearly as much as last summer. Yay for getting older :'D

This summer really did blow by! Although I don't go back till September.

Margot

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2022
Well, I guess that's right since it's gonna be hot well into September -_- *summer break is ending? :D better? Bah, I'm actually excited to go back to school, but I know once I'm there doing a bunch of work I'm gonna want to be back on break haha.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Well... summer doesn't end until September 20th, so summer has not ended yet. However, summer fun is soon to come to a close with the school scene coming into play soon, which has apparently been the talk of the community for awhile. Meh, I still don't mind that school is starting soon. n_n;;

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
When I go back to uni at the end of September, we have fresher's fortnight (I won't be a fresher this year but second and third years are still invited to all of the important events), so I don't start classes again until October.

trollface.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back