• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First shiny u ever saw?

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    XD My brothers 1st shiny(he wntd me 2 say it lol) was a shiny chimchar.When he got his Diamond.I was like...Gimme that!@_@

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
  • Ironically enough, the first shiny I ever encountered was in my Silver version, right after I had gotten off of a thread on Serebiiforums discussing them. It was a shiny Diglett, and unfortunately my Pikachu KO'd it with a critical hit. I was so upset, I later released that Pikachu. Luckily though, a few years later I encountered a shiny Pidgey, which I have caught and is now happily sitting in the back of my PC as a shiny Pidgeott. xD

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • Well I think it was the red gyadoes on Silver but does that even count, part from that ?
    it was Greenie the shiny espeon on Crystal..

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    lol.Don't say that.You'll encounter a shiny someday.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • First Shiny I saw in the wild to catch was a Shiny Wurmple in Emerald about three weeks ago. Then I found a Shiny Exeggcute barely a week later in LeafGreen XD No Shinies for ten years, then two in the same month. Typical lmao.

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    Mine was a Poochyena on Ruby...sadly I didn't know about shinies at the time and thought it was a glitchy xD I was like, "A golden Poochyena isn't normal!!!" I would have caught it but I had no Pokeballs >.< so I ran...sad I was just starting out the game D:
    That sucks.Same happened with my cousin.He picked a mudkip.It was shiny.He fought a shiny poochyena.
    I think he had that special ID(lucky him) tht means u encounter shinies more than usual

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2010
    Lol, the first shiny i saw was a shiny Psyduck.When I saw it I am like WTF a blue Pysduck!!?I caught it, but lost the game it was in :(.The second one I caught was a geodude,I knew about shinys by then,so when I saw it I sat there looking at the screen choking.It is now a happy Golem in my Platinum :), lol I am lucky, I hear stories of Geodudes Selfdestructing!

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    lol the first one i ever saw,(not in my game but in my cousins) was when i was like 6 and it was a pink wobbufet.I was like,Wow!That is cool!It sparkled and everything!

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
  • My first Shiny (apart from the Red Gyarados, which I totally don't count) was a Pelipper. I was training up my Roselia on the water just outside the Pokemon League in Pearl.
    I hardly noticed at first. I was just swimming around and mashing the A Button to defeat the Pokemon for exp, and out of the corner of my eye I noticed a sparkle, so I looked at it properly and noticed that it had green where blue should be.

After my reaction of 'OMG SHINY POKEMON!' I was kinda like... Why was my first Shiny a Pelipper? =(
    Nevertheless, I was proud. My first Shiny. =3
    I managed to catch it, too. =3

xX

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
  • My first shiny was a Spinarak in Gold version, but it was in the very beginning where I had to recieve the egg from Mr. Pokemon, so of course I had no pokeballs. I stared at the screen for like an hour, trying to use the Force to somehow capture it.

Obvious to say I did not succeed. T_T

pokefangunner

PokeGleek
    Years
  • Mine was a cascoon... It was about a year ago when I stopped playing my red version for the gameboy pocket.

do you mean ruby version cause cascoon isnt in red version

well anyway the 1st shiny i saw was in crystal version i found it on victory road

i was shocked but then so mad cause my original game boy advance went dead :(

Back