• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First shiny u ever saw?

Medli

I am Error.
Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    I encountered a Shiny a grand total of one time. I was 8 and I was playing on Sapphire. I was surfing from the route above Oldale Town to the one above Slateport City. All of a sudden, a purple Tentacool jumped out at me! I panicked and thought my game was glitched, so the only logical thing for me to do was catch it.

I don't exactly remember when I found out that it was a Shiny. Actually, I don't recall if I ever found out until just about now when I remembered I caught that Tentacool.

I hated Tentacool back then, so I didn't even train it. I'm sure I came up with some stupid excuse for its weird coloration. : P

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • My first shiny was the Red Gyarados. :P

Although non-scripted, my first shiny was a Dusclops. The only other one I've seen was a shiny Mightyena which roar'd away. ;_;

Found my first shiny Pokemon, and like all first-time shiny finders, I must brag. :3

It was a PONYTA, non-hacked, in-game (Platinum) shiny. F'YEAH GRAY RAPIDASH! 8D

Anyway, enough about me, what was your first shiny, and from what game?
    Merged this into a similar "first shiny" thread in General Gaming.

Muffin™

Knows your age
    Years
  • I was EV training my Pokemans, and then a shiny ZIGZAGOON appeared! I was like "Okay... time to get that Lugia I wanted..." because my friend wanted a shiny, no matter what it was. ^.^

GDark08

"I AM A MAN!"
    Years
  • Was surprised to run into a Shiny Drowzee when I first played Silver. First thought there was some weird glitch with the game. :P

Years
    • OZ
    • Seen Sep 17, 2022
    My first shiny was in Pokémon Crystal it was a Green Poliwhirl and I caught it. That was one of the best moments of my game.

́

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2010
    xD

Not counting the above I haven't seen a single one, I've had Gold, Silver, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald and leaf Green but still haven't bumped into any. :[

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    Legally, the first shiny i saw was a shiny Magneton on route 222. All the other shinies i have encountered were either the Red Gyarados, or cheated for.

Neon ~

Carz
    Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2010
    The first shiny I encountered was a shiny ponyta
    I thought it was a glitch but then I remembered I was shiny hunting xD lol
    I used every ultra ball in my bag and tried a pokeball and caught it :/
    :D then a shiny miltank

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 21, 2011
    Gyarados.

Other than that, in my 10+ years of playing, I've never encountered a shiny. I must have the worst pokeluck ever.

Back