• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: fite me irl

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I keep forgetting to go back and watch more SU. X) It always starts with "yeah maybe I'll go watch more later" and...then it slips my mind.

And this is why I don't watch many shows nowadays, stuff like that tends to happen.

Also it tickles me to see an FF9 reference being made in here. I so want to replay that game sometime.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I'm almost done with catching up! On season 2 now. I wanted to be up to date before I join the club. Getting there!

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Wait what happened to the old DCC thread from this winter, like this red/blue stuff what is it exactly?

Lumina

Lucid Melody
    Years
    I really haven't played any Final Fantasy game beyond like X-2 because I heard the series really wasn't very good from that point on. Is this really true (for anyone who played FFXII and FFXIII and FFXIII-2 and Lightning Returns, etc)?

complete bullshit
    12 and 13 are two of my favourites

Years
    There's only been one FF game I've really liked in any manner since X, and that was XIV, and that's...kind of not the same thing since it's an mmo ah ha.

Otherwise I stopped even attempting to play after XIII. And I didn't even play that one for long before I put it down.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    FFXIII gets a bad rap but I found it really enjoyable. The linearity didn't bother me as much as it did other people and the battle system was fun enough to really carry the game. XIII-2 on the other hand, blech. The gameplay was fantastic and probably better than XIII (they fixed a lot of the issues people had) but the plot and a few of the gameplay segments (Academia, go screw yourself) brought the game down a lot.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
    I've only played the first few and am currently playing V, but I feel it's nearly over. Then I'm continuing with VI, I can still amuse myself for some time with the series.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    But what was Lightning Returns about oO Is it like some sort of sequel or something to XIII-2?
    Lightning Returns is basically Final Fantasy XIII-3. I never played it though, but I've heard mixed things about its quality. Seems like a very love it or hate it game.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
    Oh my god we are talking about Final Fantasy. That's awesome.

I found FF13 very linear and in my opinion the combat sucked.

FF6 is the best FF ever made imo. It had everything. Characters, story...

Sir Codin

Ah, Final Fantasy. Wretched Final Fantasy.

aka "A game series that can be used to troll /tg/"

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
    I am going to get lotsa hate for this but I find ff7 the most overrated game of the ff series if not the most overrated game of all time. Got bored most of the game, story is ok but not what I expected. It all started to go downhill when the team escaped Midgar. Villain had a good past but he kept babbling about his alien mom most of the time. I just didn't believe they went from a psychopathic villain with no heart to that. On the good side he does look badass.

Combat and materia system was awesome tho

Sir Codin

Calling Final Fantasy 7 "overrated" is not only extremely passé (can we please not pretend it's 2008?), I also consider it bullshit seeing as how I played through the game and found it rather enjoyable.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
    Mhm I agree it's a game made in 1997 so I wasn't like "WOW THIS SUX BULLCRAP" I just found it surprising how everyone says this is the best FF game. And by your logic we are prohibited to hate on 7 simply because it's too old to hate it?

But yeah in the end everyone has different opinions.

Sir Codin

It doesn't prohibit you from having the opinion.

It just prohibits me from taking it seriously.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
    Yeah, yeah sure man you don't need to take it seriously as I said everyone has different opinions.

Wondering what everyone's favorite FF game is?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back