• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Five Nights at Freddy's 2

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
    I'm NOT the biggest fan of FNaF, I actually don't even like the first one much. But, this is news to any gaming minded folk; especially PC gamers or LP'ers and whatnot. The sequel to the pop culture hit where you try to avoid being killed by animatronics for a few hours by closing doors flipping lights on and watching them is official and close. So here; there's a trailer out for the sequel.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    How: They're obviously reusing many assets from the first game, Even the Engine from the looks of it. Heck, It almost looks like the same game.

Why: They need to get it out before the Hype of the first games completely dies.

Are you telling me that it hasn't yet? Haha.

I have to agree, though. It does look an awful lot like the first.. and it definitely looks like they're just jumping on it for a quick cash-grab. :P

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    idk, it looked to me like an improved version more than a sequel tbh. I wouldn't say that's a bad thing really. They have the funds to do more with it because of the mild success of the original.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    With the exclusion of the doors, I'm betting there's a serious twist with the game play.

I mean, the doors were there if the characters found you, but if the characters just happen to wander over to you, then there's no defense to ward them off. I'm betting that with this mechanic removed, there's something else to use as your defense. I saw lights with the security cameras, so I'm guessing that you can use these lights to sort of bait the characters into the room, and away from you. You know, like some sort of distraction. Although, this will use up power, so you have to use it sparingly.

I don't know, just some speculation.

Polar Spectrum

Years
    Agreeing with the above sentiment that they had to do it quickly; because they realize the speed at which the game's popularity both rose and will fall is very brisk. Didn't wanna say it in the OP though, because like I mentioned I'm biased about the game haha.

Speculating on the trailer though; with the removal of the doors and the supposed confirmation that you can / will walk around, I'm betting the *very* brief scene in the trailer looking out of the eyes of the Freddy suit indicates you can use the suits to fool the animatronics briefly or while being extremely careful to not be killed by them on sight.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    I'm betting the *very* brief scene in the trailer looking out of the eyes of the Freddy suit indicates you can use the suits to fool the animatronics briefly or while being extremely careful to not be killed by them on sight.
    Or they're going to be more graphic about, you know, turning you into an animatronic when you lose. Which I would totally be down for.

Polar Spectrum

Years
    Or they're going to be more graphic about, you know, turning you into an animatronic when you lose. Which I would totally be down for.

Hah, yeah I think they really should do that, because a decent chunk of my friends who ARE really into the game, apparently didn't even get how you died in the first game. They thought the animatronics just strangled you or stabbed you or something if they got into the room. Yes, even though the guy on the phone explains that they shove you into a full suit of mechanics while you're still alive, they apparently missed that.

So a death scene that's more than a jump scare would be cool for the second one; yeh. Showing you getting shoved face first into one of the suits... eep.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    Hah, yeah I think they really should do that, because a decent chunk of my friends who ARE really into the game, apparently didn't even get how you died in the first game. They thought the animatronics just strangled you or stabbed you or something if they got into the room. Yes, even though the guy on the phone explains that they shove you into a full suit of mechanics while you're still alive, they apparently missed that.

So a death scene that's more than a jump scare would be cool for the second one; yeh. Showing you getting shoved face first into one of the suits... eep.
    I would play it. I personally don't want to play the original because of how many jump scares it has. I already watched Markiplier do it on the hardest possible difficulty so I feel like that's enough. lol. Something with more varied horror would be great.

Polar Spectrum

Years
    I would play it. I personally don't want to play the original because of how many jump scares it has. I already watched Markiplier do it on the hardest possible difficulty so I feel like that's enough. lol. Something with more varied horror would be great.

Definitely agree. Y'know what'd really work for me, if they did something like this:

Given that you can walk around in FNaF2, it's presumable that the point is to run away from and avoid getting near the animatronics. Also, it can be assumed that they don't kill you on sight, if their means of killing you is still stuffing you into an animatronic suit. So, if when you were spotted or ran into an enemy character - they were to knock the player out, resulting in the character waking up shortly after being dragged by the animatronics to one of the empty shells, the character could experience the horror and dread of the build up to that gruesome death. Maybe if they even let you struggle / resist before you were shoved inside, and possibly escape (each time you were captured making escape harder and harder) it could be a better horror style death. As opposed to just a jump scare / screamer 'game over' bit of a character jumping out at you.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    As long as they didn't drag it out too much, or had a variety of "death scenes" it would work. Otherwise it might get repetitive to see the same death scene over and over. Maybe different animatronics with have different kills.

Yukari

I'd expect at least a year before they make a sequel. This was definitely made to cash in on the success of the original before all the hype dies down.

Anyway, it really does look like they recycled a lot of assets from the original. But with the addition of the ability to move around now this is definitely more then just a refurbished game engine. In fact it looks like there are a lot of new assets added to the game, which is good since I'd hate to see just more of the same and I'm sure that everyone else would too.

Also, this game could either be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay scarier then the original, or just fall flat on it's face. The original was really scary, with an amazing atmosphere, but the jump-scares could get really repetitive, and after a while it just got old. If some of the ideas mentioned above were added, this game would be awesome.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    For those who are saying it's being made too quick. It has a 2015 release, so don't expect it to come out the same year as the first one. The sequel was greenlitted on Steam a few weeks ago, and it also includes a synposis to explain what's going on. According to said synopsis, the old animatronics from the first game have been replaced by new ones that have implanted facial recognition. However, the old animatronics are still wandering around, and with no doors this time, you only have Freddy Fazebear mask to fool them into thinking you're in uniform. Not sure how this will fare when dealing with the new animatronics. Either they'll think you're an outdated animatronic if you keep the mask for too long, or they'll see into your disguise due to their facial recognition I mentioned earlier.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    According to said synopsis, the old animatronics from the first game have been replaced by new ones that have implanted facial recognition. However, the old animatronics are still wandering around, and with no doors this time, you only have Freddy Fazebear mask to fool them into thinking you're in uniform. Not sure how this will fare when dealing with the new animatronics. Either they'll think you're an outdated animatronic if you keep the mask for too long, or they'll see into your disguise due to their facial recognition I mentioned earlier.

I saw this theory the other day, and I honestly quite like it. From what I know, you do have to fool the old animatronics using the empty Freddy Fazzbear head, but we obviously haven't had the new animatronics explained to us. I think it's reasonable, and interesting, to believe that they'll function as a sort of opposition to the old versions; they'll see the old versions as a threat, which means that they'll see you as one if you're wearing the Freddy Fazzbear head. This could obviously pose some interestingly terrifying issues if you're confronted by both a new and old animatronic at the same time.

I never played Five Nights At Freddy's myself, but I watched yamimash play through it and I find the game interesting, to say the least. Not sure if I'll ever get around to playing it, because honestly, I'm a huge chicken when not in the comfort of others. I'm definitely intrigued by this sequel, though.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
    Holds no interest with me. I really hated the first one, it felt like I just paid $5 dollars for a random jump scare. I mean ****, if I wanted that then all I have to do is click the links people post on youtube comments. I have no nice things to say about it.

If this gets good feedback, I might look into it. If not, I'm perfectly fine with The Evil Within.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    Based on what I'm seeing, it looks to me like part 2 is more mood and less jump in comparison to the first, Kyrul. Which imo probably will result in either a terrible game, or a really awesome game. We will have to wait and see though.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    With the exclusion of the doors, I'm betting there's a serious twist with the game play.

I mean, the doors were there if the characters found you, but if the characters just happen to wander over to you, then there's no defense to ward them off. I'm betting that with this mechanic removed, there's something else to use as your defense. I saw lights with the security cameras, so I'm guessing that you can use these lights to sort of bait the characters into the room, and away from you. You know, like some sort of distraction. Although, this will use up power, so you have to use it sparingly.

I don't know, just some speculation.
    You actually get to put on an animatronic mask, from the look of the trailer and I think it says it on the Steam Greenlight description as well.

Also, there's only one person working on this game, and the reason he can make it so quickly is probably due to the fact that the gameplay is literally made of images, 1 or 2 videos, and the audio.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
    I actually quite liked the first game's combination of jump scares, atmosphere, and helplessness.

That said, I'm hoping this game has an actual goal to it, separate from survival. Maybe you could have alarms that attract the new Freddy or one of the other new character into the room the camera is on, so they could scare off the attackers. It'd be cool to see the two sets of animatronics fighting, or even the original Freddy tampering with them and trying to get them to attack the player. Also, I'm interested to see if there will be a new "Golden Freddy" sort of enemy, perhaps in the form of a marionette seen in some of the children's pictures in the trailers. The new Freddy's gang being able to access the local criminal databases, as mentioned on the Steam page, seems to be foreshadowing either a new disaster in the backstory (Like the bite of '87), or a new human enemy who will try to get to you and have to avoid the animatronics to do so.

Back