• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Five Nights at Freddy's 2

y stri

Got no theme right now.
    Years
    FNAF 2, from what we've seen in the trailer, seems like it's going to be more reliant on jumpscares.

The idea of the animatronics fighting reminds me of Godzilla though, which would be cool.

Yukari

Holds no interest with me. I really hated the first one, it felt like I just paid $5 dollars for a random jump scare. I mean ****, if I wanted that then all I have to do is click the links people post on youtube comments. I have no nice things to say about it.
    You do know that there's way more to Five Nights at Freddy's then Jumpscares, right?

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Based on what I'm seeing, it looks to me like part 2 is more mood and less jump in comparison to the first, Kyrul. Which imo probably will result in either a terrible game, or a really awesome game. We will have to wait and see though.
    For me personally, this will result in a terrifying game. I get scared mostly by the atmosphere of it, if a game just jumpscares you straight away at the start that isn't scary at all, but if a game leaves you tense and builds up your fear, it makes you panic and leaves you vulnerable for a final jumpscare.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
    You do know that there's way more to Five Nights at Freddy's then Jumpscares, right?

I'm sure it does. But generally people who don't like something aren't going to go out of their way to learn all the in's and out's about it either.

EDIT:

@Wilhelm

Hopefully it improves the game because despite all the crap talk I've been spewing about this game, I do like it's concept.

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    I don't like jump scares either, but 5naf uses them to great effect. its not like a screamer where it makes you focus and then screws you just for the sake of screwing with you, the scare is a punishment for failure and makes you want to do better so you can avoid it at all costs. And in the case of when the lights go out, there's a huge tension build that is excellent, especially when you're close to 6am when it goes out.

Yukari

I'm sure it does. But generally people who don't like something aren't going to go out of their way to learn all the in's and out's about it either.

EDIT:

@Wilhelm

Hopefully it improves the game because despite all the crap talk I've been spewing about this game, I do like it's concept.
    I don't like jump scares either, but 5naf uses them to great effect. its not like a screamer where it makes you focus and then screws you just for the sake of screwing with you, the scare is a punishment for failure and makes you want to do better so you can avoid it at all costs. And in the case of when the lights go out, there's a huge tension build that is excellent, especially when you're close to 6am when it goes out.

Wilhelm is right here. And the Horror in Five Nights at Freddy's comes from the games Atmosphere. Not from jump scares. It combines the feeling of helplessness from the fact that you can only defend yourself by closing the doors, with the ambients (like flickering lights, for example.) to create a very creepy game. And it does this very well.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    A little surprised that there is a FNAF2 thread in a pokemon forum, maybe i should venture more...

Man, I was scared to death by that horrible, horrible puppet.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years

Okay, I think maybe I need to buy this game... after I figure out how I'm gonna get Isaac: Rebirth...

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
    Years

Video by Bodil40

Welp,today was the day where my subscription box has at least 6 FNAF2 videos.
    Sharing one of them for those who haven't seen the game yet.
    ......Or should I say,for those who weren't reminded that FNAF had a sequel(Aka me)/those who thought it would have been out in it's release date.

Thanks for making people not do work,Scott.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    A little surprised that there is a FNAF2 thread in a pokemon forum, maybe i should venture more...
    I think that might be due to... well, the people who make videos of themselves playing this game are probably popular with younger audiences, quite frankly. Maybe the impression I have isn't well-founded, but I think the whole 'popular YouTubers playing scary games' thing has become gradually more popular since Amnesia.

The puppet thing actually looks somewhat endearing to me. It's highly remeniscent of Kaonashi from Spirited Away. That said, I haven't actually seen Spirited Away, so this might not even be a good thing.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years

That's because this isn't a Pokemon forum, it's a Video Game forum. Hence the name of this forum being Video Games lol. We had a thread for Hatred the Video Game, that's way more bizarre than 5NAF being here.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    Tried the demo version on my android phone... Only to get screwed by Toy Bonnie.

Too scary for me. I can watch other people/YouTubers play the game, but I'd probably get a heart attack if I played the full game myself.

Years
    Only couple of days after release and we have the first person to complete the hardest challenge on Custom Night, being 20/20/20/20/20/20/20/20/20/20 or 10/20 or Golden Freddy mode. One thing I can say. This game is way more stressful than the previous one, and it's not about feeling helpless and paranoic anymore, it's just pure panic and heart attack all time.

Yukari

I was checking my queue on steam and found that this game had already been released.

...Wow... Well, now we know that this game was indeed developed very quickly.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    I was checking my queue on steam and found that this game had already been released.

...Wow... Well, now we know that this game was indeed developed very quickly.
    I think it was originally planned for a 2015 release, but then it got moved up to Christmas this year, but then the guy who develops it had released an early demo for Let's Players, and after seeing that the early demo had worked without bugs in the videos, he went ahead and released it.

It really does not take very long to develop this game, even for one person. The game IS images and sounds, with a few tiny videos. I can't imagine the AI programming is very hard either.
    (I'm not saying it doesn't take effort to make this game by the way, it's just that it doesn't take too long.)

Back