• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Flabébé - The Colorful Fairy Flower Pokémon

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Flabébé. Available in five different colours. Known to be able to learn Captivate, Copycat, and Camouflage as Egg Moves. Capable of having five different colours (the Black one obviously not available anywhere, being story-specific). Capable of two evolutions, first to Floette and then, with a Shiny Stone, to Florges where she and the flower finally become one being. As a Florges, she can obtain Disarming Voice, Flower Shield, and Grass Knot through the move relearner (but only through the move relearner) and relearn any of nine other moves upon evolution that Floette can learn (and Solar Beam if the player has the TM for it, since it's not learnable upon evolution otherwise).

Flabébé is seen, in the anime, for the first time without her flower in To Find a Fairy Flower! perching in Bianca's hair, and revealed to grow weak if her flower is destroyed - until she finds a new fairy flower.

What I want to know is this: are you a Flabébé fan? Are you a user of the girly flower holders, competitively or otherwise? Did you feel a need to collect them all for the Dex in the same manner as the Unown? Or do you see them as weaklings who can't hold their own in a battle? How does Florges compare to other two-evo battlers in your view?

Myself, I've determined I want to find time to do a quick IV-breed of every Flabébé colour available (I have all five). I already have a Skitty that can pass on the two Egg Moves, and might consider getting Camouflage to create a breeding project out of them. As I've entered the Hall of Fame twice, I don't see myself using them competitively even if I were in that scene, but I'm sure in certain types of battles it can be a very good supporting ally.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    I was kind of disappointed that the Flabebe line wasn't part Grass type, it seemed too right for it to not happen.

In any case, I haven't gotten around to raising a Flabebe yet as there's just too much competition for my limited Shiny Stone collection, but I do plan on raising one eventually. Maybe the White Flower one.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    In my first play-through, I definitely remember capturing this Pokémon. It was okay, but have never turned it into one of my official team members, sadly; competitively, it just isn't good. Either that, or maybe it is, and I'm just not utilizing it right? Design-wise, though, I love Flabébé! It's extremely adorable, and its colors complement each other quite well.

There are many others like this (Roselia, for example), but there's also plenty of reasons as to why Flabébé stands out most, with mine being one of them.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I was kind of disappointed that the Flabebe line wasn't part Grass type, it seemed too right for it to not happen.
    I actually was surprised, since she literally becomes a flower herself, that she didn't gain the grass typing upon becoming Florges. That would have made her Grass type moves all the better. Somewhat disappointing.

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    I used the blue flower one first playthrough of the game. It did okay but I'm sure it would have been better if it had a better offensive movepool (i tend to go for offense in-game) and if I would have realized that Petal Blizzard was a physical move sooner. I later bred and EV trained an orange flower one for competitive battles and I can honestly say that Florges is better as a denfensive Pokémon.

Years
  • I rotate a blue flower Florges onto my in-game team regularly, she's quite a powerful attacker as far as in-game goes. Plus it's my fave color of the bunch so yeah it's a win-win for me, but that didn't stop me catching the other Flabébé forms as well.

Among my little set of Flabébé I also have a shiny orange flower one that I caught while chaining with the Poke Radar. Sadly she has an Impish nature, which kinda sucks for something that's more special-oriented.

Years
  • Flabébé is a neat Pokémon, and its final evolution is something, having iffy physical stats but above average Special Attack, and Special Defense up with Lugia and Ho-Oh. I used it in both my Wedlockes of X, but they died both times. =(

I have an orange flower Flabébé that I found in my main game, and have been meaning to breed better one of it because of how rare they are. So yeah, I like it, but it's not THE best Pokémon in the game.

Rayheart

Ancient Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2014
    I dont like flabebe just because of the wonder trade, >_>

Leo the Lion

Too many sexy people in this world, all of them fi
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    I love the concept of Flabébé. Just the idea of having different versions of the same Pokémon makes me want to catch all of the colours three times to have every Flabébé, Floette and Florges. Yeah, I'm weird.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • I personally don't like Florges, so the Floette I have during the in-game journey never evolved. I went to grab all 5 colors of all 3 evolutions post-game when I made a living dex.

Honestly, I think Florges should get a Grass-type. I mean, it looks the part. :/

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Hilariously, I jumped into X without knowing about the fairy types. And so when my attacks were getting reactions different from grass, I was like, "Hold the phone, I leave for one generation and they've changed everything?"

Needless to say, it was a rather funny shock to the system. I caught one in my Nuzlocke run, and it promptly died. Haven't played with one since. :( Love the different colors, though.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • At least for me, Flabebe and Floette were weak as hell and I considered dropping them from the team, however, when I finally was able to evolve mine into a Florges it started kicking butt 8) Fairy-types are a little too OP ingame, especially since almost all of Team Flare's Pokemon are weak to that type.

Etherion

I like this line, but im disappointed that they aren't part Grass.. >:|

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I think that if this had been any other generation but the first one where Fairy-types were introduced, I'm positive that this line would be part Grass. I think, however, they wanted to introduce as many "pure-Fairies" as possible just to give us options, so that's why they weren't part something else.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I was hoping that Flabebe's final form in Florges would be Fairy/Grass, since flowers are part of its anatomy, but sadly, that wasn't the case. Would've been nice if it was, though.

Anyway, I have a yellow flower Florges in X and a red flower Floette in Y (which I haven't gotten around evolving) from my in-game team runs.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I've never used Flabebe/Floette/Florges during my in-game time, but I do like the look of red and white Florgeses (would that be what the plural is?). Kinda wish that they had a recovery move to help them out with special walling. Like everyone else, I don't get why its not Fairy/Grass; that would've been perfect for it.

I also want my AZ's Floette. Light of Ruin looks really cool.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I was hoping that Flabebe's final form in Florges would be Fairy/Grass, since flowers are part of its anatomy, but sadly, that wasn't the case. Would've been nice if it was, though.

Anyway, I have a yellow flower Florges in X and a red flower Floette in Y (which I haven't gotten around evolving) from my in-game team runs.
    When it was first revealed I expected it to be a Grass type (before we learned about Fairy being a new type), so after we discovered about Fairies I thought it'll be Grass/Fairy. I held out the hope all the way to Florges that it'll gain the grass type, especially because as you said the flower becomes part of it's body. Should it get a Mega I hope they'll give it the grass typing for Stab Grass moves.

I have an orange flower Florges. I have thought of capturing the other flower colors but haven't gotten around to doing so.

Twisted Cuteness

Always a team
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Apr 24, 2016
    I have a red one and a white one. Un-evolved because i mainly wanted to collect them. I really do like their evolutions, and may use them post game eventually

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • I kept a Flottee on my Elite 4 team Hall of Fame. (Eviolite)

Ruined by having small attack movepool. You don't have enough options. As a wall it does ok, but you always know which attacks it has - can't surprise people.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Only reason I'm training them today is to evolve them to Florges. My goal for today is to get all five Florges. I have enough Shiny Stones, and JUST enough for other evolutions needing it, but want to win one or two more just to be safe. This is a pain due to Super Training being the only way (the Inverse Battles seems random even if you hit the required number of 7-9).

Back