• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FLY FREE BUG

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
Years
  • What do you do with bugs that you find in your house? Do you stomp on them or are you the kind of person who tries to make them into pets? :O

For me, if its a moth or something I squash it. D: I do try to capture crickets and let them outside... it's not easy though. x_x

As for spiders well... I leave my dad to deal with those. I should send them to Erica but... then I can't garauntee they'll be alive when she gets them. :<

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • I love spiders. XD
    But every time I try to make them as pets, they always run away. DX

About ants,
    I used to crush them when they came close but I couldn't stand the smell of formic acid. So know, I just ignore them.

About Dragonflies,
    Same as spiders.

About Cockroaches,
    These things are filthy and have a disgusting smell. Sometimes they spread disease. If I'm in the bathroom, I pour liquid soap on it because apparently, it kills them. If I'm in the kitchen, I smack it with newspaper. Everywhere else, I use a spray.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I kill it usually or leave it alone.

If I kill it I tell it right before I squish it 'I'd give anything if you could have my life and I have yours.'

Last edited:

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • I just kill it or let it go depending on what insect it is. D8

Spiders I let other people deal with because I'm scared of them. D8

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • When I see a line of ants climbing on the wall, I'll spray 'em. I like to see them twitch and die... Same as cockroaches, although it's harder to beat. I have to stomp 'em for the finalle.

I usually leave spiders alone. They help on eating pesky bugs. :D

MUSION

>:)
    Years
  • If they're in my room, I try my best to get back them outside. Although most things can wait a bit, spiders have to be dealt with asap, otherwise I'd get no sleep XD. Unfortunately I can't always free them.

The other month I was half asleep at my laptop when I caught sight of a fairly large (by house spider standards) spider on the wall next to me. Instantly wide awake, I lept off my bed and went for the bug catcher, which it seemed had been used by someone else earlier that day and not replaced. While looking for an alternative, I noticed the spider start heading for the gap between my bed/pillows and the walls. Realising that all hope of freeing it would be lost if it made it down there, I grabbed the nearest book and annihilated the poor creature for the greater good. Forgive me lord.

K story over :D

Halfwit

Super Monk
    Years
  • I usually just let them be.. unless they're a bee or wasp or something else which is obviously separated from its hive.. in which case i'll open the window or take them outside :v
    if someone's phobic or otherwise panicking about a spider or insect indoors, then i'll take it outside.. though especially round this time of year I worry it'll be a bit cold :c

Can't bring myself to kill them, though. I have no idea what i'd do with an ant invasion, as I can't bear the thought of exterminating them, lame as that sounds [I love ants ;;]. the only non-destructive advice I can find is to remove the food supply they're using [leftovers or something] and then tape up the nest entrance :v
    ..but i'm sceptical. I'll just.. hope that ants stay outside because if they stayed inside they'd just get everywhere ;;

Usually there are crickets wandering around, because I keep them as live food for my chameleon.. so if I find one I tend to catch it and put it back in the cricket box if they're the same kind. If they're a different kind of cricket then I'll either leave them or put them outside :v

generally I try not to be too.. intervening o.o I dunno.
    a couple of days ago there was a wasp buzzing at the window, but I was too slow at opening the window and it got caught in a spider's web :c felt rather guilty [..sh..] but spiders have got to eat.. eh D:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • If they're inside, I kill. Outside, I let them be unless they land on me. If it's a bee I will try to flee due to bee sting allergies.

As I said in another topic, this is the time where bugs try to retreat indoors, so I've been kept busy :/

Years
  • Bless you Halfwit <3
    but oh gosh, that happened with my sister.. a wasp got in a spider web.. except the spider when to wrap it up and the wasp stung it. Poor thing bolted like you wouldn't believe ^^;

Eh.. I tend to try and help them get outside or ignore them.. depending on how in the way they're being.
    Like.. I'm fine with spiders that live in my room and they have a corner and they don't leave that area, to me thats a mutual understanding and I appreciate that.. but things like wolf spiders than run around everywhere, I don't like so much.. I'll try and get someone to remove it but if people won't co-operate and i've been trying for hours to shepard it out of the room and it won't play ball I have been guilty of bringing out the vaccum cleaner.

I like moths and grasshoppers and things like that, but they're unpredictable and I can't say I much appreciate them going for my face.. none the less I won't kill them.. they're a pain ot catch/shepard though, bless em

Slugs and snails are just <3
    I occasionally find wild ones in the kitchen, that have come in with the veg and I'm happy to take those outside :>

Probably sounds odd, but I've always wanted to have roaches in the house.. I've never seen a real one ^^; but I've always wanted to.. I don't get what people think is so disgusting about them, especially when they're living in your kitchen, I mean, they're in the same conditions you are, so you're at least as disgusting as them =P

Sparying insects just.. urg.. no.. horrible >:
    Yeh.. generally don't like killing them and try to avoid it but.. if they will toy with my sanity, sometimes I fear it can't be helped.

Oversized reply, I do appologise.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    I don't try making them pets, and neither do I kill them all the time. I only kill them if they are harmful to me in any way AND hasn't gotten out of my place even after trying to get it out.
    The only exceptions are cockroaches and spiders. They are probably not much harmful for me, but I still make someone else kill them. I have arachnophobia to an extent, so spiders are out of question for me to deal with.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    If it's a flying creature like a wasp or a moth or a fly i will kill it,
    If it's a leekle spider i will just throw it into my brothers room, much nicer in there... >.>
    Or if it's a big spider i will catch it and put it elsewhere.

Bay

Years
  • Spiders, ants, and cockroaches I'll kill. I just hate those things. However, I run away from the bigger spiders or just flush the toilet and have them be washed away. XD

Grasshoppers, moths butterflies, and larva (ones I know that are going to be butterfiles or moths) I keep them. Heck, there is one larva I had to take care of for one of my uni classes and he's actually fun to watch. :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    When they're being pesty or they're dangerous, I put them outside. Normally I just let them be because I don't feel like taking the effort to put them outside. Though, if I spot a rare insect/spider outside, I'll catch one and put it inside. >.>

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • It wildly depends on my mood and the insect in question.

If it's a moth or harmless insect, I ignore it, unless it becomes a pest, then I swat it.
    If it's a fly, I swat it, unconditionally. I hate them little suckers! They're SO ANNOYING!
    If it's a spider, I leave it alone. No need to kill it unless it's a dangerous variety of spider, which I kill immediately for the greater good.
    If it's ants, I grab a sponge, soap it up, scrub down their entire trail, wash the ants themselves down the drain, and clean up whatever it is I think they're after.

Generally, I don't go out of my way to kill the bug if it's not dangerous in some way, with the exception of flies, which I love to swat, since they're the most annoying creatures on the planet, when you're trapped inside with them. >_>

sabapple

Fly High☆
    Years
  • When I find bugs in my house, I go grab a tissue and catch it in the tissue and then flush it down the toilet. I don't like squishing them......

Years
  • Depends on the insect. I would leave something like a fly alone, but a spider in the other case I would kill it.

I hate spiders.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Well we have a real bad stinkbug problem where I live during warm months and we usually flush them down the toilet or vacuum them up... But there are so many it takes a long time @_@

In other cases, we don't get that many types of other bugs but if there is one I'd usually just get a tissue and squish them. But if they're bigger than an Ant I let my father take care of them xD

Years
  • Death. >:D

If they wanted to live, they shouldn't have come inside.

I occasionally leave spiders alone, if they're like- on the ceiling or crawling in front of me when I'm not wearing shoes. Flies I always kill, unless I'm in a car, in which case I roll down the window so they gtfo.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • Eww, bugs I squash right away. If it's a bee or wasp, I'll shoo it away through the window if I can't kill it. The only thing I can't squash are caterpillars. Those things rock.

Back