• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Focus Shift OOC

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
  • I had four Christmases! 5 presents [each] at the first two, plenty at the third and the last one wasn't so great.
    At my first one I got a tin of pokemon cards, $10, A $20 Gamestop gift card, A box of chocolate (yuck), and Despicable Me/Minion Madness DVD
    At the second: Pokemon Ranger Shadows of Almia, Pokemon Ranger Guardian Signs, Mario Kart Wii, A Dolphin pillow pet (=/ twas from grandma), and a shiny red bicycle!
    At the third: Gah, too many small things to name, but the more important things were: PMD: Explorers of Sky, Super Mario Sunshine, A SD Card, Ratchet and Clank, and Ratchet Deadlocked
    At the final Xmas: Just Cause, A hoodie, Another hoodie that didn't fit, a $20 K-Mart gift card, A $40 Gamestop gift card and all of my step-sister's Inuyasha Manga books.

That may sound like a lot, but it really isn't...and I already beat half of the games I got.

Edit: HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Last edited:

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
    Years
  • Hy , Ichiro asked me to inform you that he can't access the PC for some personal reasons and that he'll get back when he can.

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
  • Are these closed or can I still put up an SU.
    If so i'll put my SU up right now.

SU's:
    *Shifter:

>Name: Joshua Cross[prefers Josh to Joshua]

>Age: 19

>Gender: Male

>Appearance:
    Josh has Dark hair that he keeps unmanaged but much shorter then his eyes. His eyes are brown near the center of the iris and green going towards the outer iris. He is a little under 6ft tall and weighs a little under 175lb. He also has a beard that isn't very long, just long enough to look like more then 5 o'clock shadow but more like he hasn't shaved for a few days. He is also fairly muscular with a just barely noticeable amount of fat.

Clothing: Josh normally sticks to having a dark t-shirt although when its cold he'll put on a gray hoodie. He sticks to wearing jeans even in the summer just because he likes how all-around useful jeans are. Normally sticks to wearing a set of black and blue running shoes but has a pair of black dress shoes for special occasions. Also does not wear hats, sunglasses, or any kind of piercing. Has a tattoo of a burning tree on his upper arm and a large scar across his back.

>Personality: Josh is one who doesn't care very much for words and thus is a very blunt person. He is also someone who just can't leave something mostly finished, if he is close to the end he feels he must complete it, even if it would be easier and quicker to do it later. He is a socially inept person who prefers reading to other people and electronic exposure to human exposure. He is also a someone who has a deep interest in engineering and computers. He is also someone who is has trouble paying attention to others and often gets lost in conversations due to inattentiveness.

Josh also is also someone who is quickly angered by people who purposely make trouble, and those who don't take certain things as seriously as they should. Also he is someone who believes people are mostly good but that everyone but that people have to be careful around others to protect against those who would want to hurt them, making him seem only a bit paranoid. He has love only for his family, finding it hard to connect with others in any meaningful way outside of what he considers his family. Is also a good writer but prefers subjects with more tangible right and wrong[like arithmetic] then to the more philosophical subjects[less easily answered, where the lines of right and wrong are blurred or nonexistent].

>History: Josh was born in Cerulean city into a family with a mother, father, and a sister that was three years older then him. Josh learned to read by himself by the time he wa four and afterwards spent most of his time reading, or playing with his sister and Odessa, his Umbreon. As he grew his sister and him stopped playing as much as Josh's sister made friends in school. When he was twelve he was in a car crash that left him with a large scar on his back, left his father paraplegic, and killed his sister. His father eventually made a recovery although for several months he still needed crutches to walk.

Three months after he was released from the hospital from the car crash[having to have gotten surgery to realign his spine after the crash] he left home with Odessa to explore the world. As he explored he questioned the value of life and mourned his sisters death. As he spent the next few years exploring and grieving he came to the conclusions to several hard questions for himself and came to many different conclusions. He eventually reconciled himself with his sisters death and learned to live with the knowledge that some questions cannot be answered, only supposed. When he returned home his father was fully recovered and it had become apparent that he was a shifter. Since then he has been exploring being a shifter, studying engineering, and mathematics.

*Catalyst:
    >Name: Odessa
    >Gender: Female
    >Species: Umbreon
    >Personality: Odessa is open to the idea of new people and places, while not dwelling on old things too long. She is playful but capable of being serious when the situation calls for it. Odessa also has a talent for understanding why people do things, even if she doesn't approve of the action itself allowing her to have empathy for the actions of others.

[I'm re-using a sample I did for another RP, so just for reference the guy in this story is remembering learning how his sister died]
    [brackets in sample mean its in his memory, outside of brackets its the present]

RP Sample: Steve was looking at the wall, surrounded by his own dark memories and emotions [Reading in my room, everything is fine]. Steve's eye notices a little crack in the wall for the thousandth time and traces it across the room [doorbell rings, can't be Sarah, the shop doesn't close for another hour and a half]. The crack ends in the corner of the room farthest from him, he falls completely into the memory he was trying to avoid [Opens the door, an officer is standing in place, looking grave. Steve's stomach drops, something isn't right, someones been hurt. The officer speaks, his voice is too low to hear, he stops then starts again louder "There has been an incident, we've been asked to pick you up from this location." Steve doesn't know what to do, what would Sarah think.... slowly a feeling worse then dread creeps through his body "What's happened?" he asks. The cop doesn't answer, Steve doesn't ask again, he just follows to the car, not a police vehicle, just a car.] He pulls himself out of his memories for a moment, he realizes his throat is dry, but he doesn't want to get up, he just wants to focus on staying in the present, but its so hard, he gives up, "Let the memory finish, its too hard to fight" he thinks, he drifts back ["A hospital?" He thinks with a grim joy, hospital means injury, not death, he both feels the pressure let up a little, but the thing worse then dread stays with him, even injury is still a terrible thing. They walk in the doors, they go left, it starts getting cold, a sign "Morgue" it reads. His insides crumble against the pressure of what has happened, "gone" he thinks, over and over and over and over, he falls against the wall. The officer asks if hes ok, he thinks no but says yes. They keep walking, doors spread apart, his sister is there, on a table, theres a hole in her upper chest, it all goes dark.... he wakes up, in a bed, its warmer then before but the bed is nearly as stiff as the floor was,the realization hits him, his sisters dead, i'm in a hospitable bed because I passed out, there are no tears, just sadness, a deep, deep, sadness.] Steve looks at the ceiling, he stares at the light, after a minute he looks towards the wall again and counts how many seconds it takes for he can no longer see the lights outline on the wall.

I hope you like it, even if it is too late to sign-up.

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
    Years
  • *Shifter:
    >Name: Raike Destan
    >Age: 20
    >Gender: Male
    Physical: Raike's hair color is a very dark shade of brown, why the hairstyle itself is mostly messy, covering his left eye. His eyes are a darker shade of blue. He stands at about 5'9 and is moderately built. His skin color is a light tan.
    Clothing: Raike tends to wear a blue t-shirt with a white jacket. He wears baggy blue jeans with a chain. His shoes' base color is black. He wears special black gloves that can allow him to touch pokemon such as Electrike or Infernape without getting serverely burned or electrocuted.
    >Personality: Raike's original nature is very isolated. He likes to be alone with his pokemon some of the time. However, he is not completely anti-social, as he eventually warms up to people. He likes to keep his pokemon out of their pokeballs, and will when traveling or simply walking through a town. He does not take pokemon abuse lightly, and thoroughly punishes those who do show such behavior.

In battles he stays calm and collected, but can be quite fierce. He sometimes works out strategies, or as an alternative he likes to just try different tactics. Only when enraged will he go all out, as it is a very reckless thing to do and can often get your pokemon injured. Despite his isolated nature, he can be very courageous, and would not be one to leave any person(friend or stranger) or pokemon in dangerous situations. He possesses a very strong sense of pokemon rights, and some would say he cares more for the pokemon, rather than people.
    >History: Sky grew up in a rich family in Viridian city, with a mother and father and an older brother. Unfortunately, his brother got all the love and attention, while Raike was always the one who" couldn't do anything right, and was always blamed for everything bad that happened. Raike then began to harbor a grudge against his family, and swore that one day he would leave. One night at the age of 3 whilst Raike was trying to sleep he heard sounds of fighting outside; he looked out of the window to see an Eevee trying to defend itself against a Poochyena. Raike got out of his bed, put his shoes on, and grabbed one of the 3 empty pokeballs he had stolen from his brother's room.
    He ran outside and put himself between the Eevee and the Poochyena trying to defend the Eevee. Raike threw the pokeball, it shook, again...again.. Stabilized! He walked up to the pokeball, picking it up and holding it to his face, smiling. He then waved goodbye to the Eevee and began to walk back to the house, it followed him into the house. Raike tried to tell it to go back to the forest but it did not listen, insisting on staying with him, so eventually he let it, he then snuck into his brother's room and stole a bag of pokemon food, stashing it in his room He then fed the Eevee and captured it, naming her Raven.
    For the next 17 years, he trained it, at night.On the night his 20th birthday, it evolved into Umbreon, Raike named her Raven. That was the night he left his parents house, sneaking out with clothing and food both for him and Raven, who insisted on being out of her pokeball now. He then began traveling the world. During his travels, he met a mysterious man who began to teach him about shifting, telling him he was a late bloomer, as most shifters learn about their powers at the age of 15. So Raike trained with the man, sharpening his shifting skills.
    >RP Sample: -It had been some time since Raike had traveled like this. No more training or practice, just him and Raven. As they walked through the forest, he smiled, looking down at her, thinking about all the weird things they had encountered. Three empty pokeballs hung at his waist-
    "Heh so Raven, we've been walking from some time now, but I don't suppose you know how far we are from the next city huh?"
    -The Umbreon looked up at him. Both her face and her thoughts spelled out" Are you serious?
    "Heh yeah I'm just playing with ya"
    -Raven rolled her eyes and kept walking. After a few more miles, she found a clearing and sat there looking at him with her ruby colored eyes.-
    "Heh, this seems like a good spot, and it looks like you're done for the day huh?"
    -Raike pulled out a small flag out of his bag and stuck it in the ground, to mark the area-
    "Well, are gonna help me get some firewood or am I gonna have to go myself?"
    -A few hours later Raike was lying down on his bedspread looking at the stars in the night sky. Raven wasn't too close, but she was close enough to feel comfortable.-
    "Hey Raven do you think that the Legend of Palkia is true?"
    -He asked this still looking at the sky. Raven shrugged and closed her eyes, sending a message mentally adding a hint of irritation-
    "Heh yeah right, time to sleep... Good night!"
    -Raike then rolled over on his side, and soon he too, was fast asleep.-
    *Catalyst:
    >Name: Raven
    >Gender: Female
    >Species: Umbreon
    >Personality: Being Raike's first pokemon, they share a very strong and unique relationship. It's almost as if they have formed an emotional link. With this link, they share feelings and thoughts, the closest they can get to actually speaking to each other. She cares deeply for him and will attack those who try to hurt him furiously.

Last edited:

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • Okay a couple of things.
    It is very hard to read with all your paragraphs together, try spacing them out and there are a few grammatical errors that caught my eye.
    Also, your Shifter needs to have met their Catalyst within 2-3 years of being born.
    If you can fix up the grammatical errors, space paragraphs and edit your history, then you are in! :)

Its still a bit iffy, but you are new so I'll be nice, Accepted!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Just to let you know, the old man in Pacifidlog is meant to be the guy in the game who tells you when Mirage Island is visible, if you didn't get that. d;

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
  • ... I think I lost track of whose who halfway through, i'll go back and edit accordingly.
    Edit: their, my post is now correct.
    Miharu is the one talking to the Espeon
    SkyisUmbreon's character is the one with the other Umbreon
    Anthony is the one with the Houndoom
    And it took me nearly half an hour to get that all sorted out in my post U-_-

Last edited:

RainbowMunchies

♪~PANTALOONS~♪
    Years
  • *shuffles from foot to foot*

Thinking of joining this... trying to find the charries I made the first time. I really like em...

EDIT:
    Found em!
    Spoiler:

Evidentially, I used to have no life whatsoever. XD

Last edited:
    Back