• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Focus Shift OOC

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
  • Okay, it is both Godmodding and Mary-Sue, a human cannot kick a shadow ball, hence the act of god. But yes, it is also Mary-Sue-ish.

Nakuzami, you could be right there, we will just have to find out as the roleplay goes along :P

EDIT: Thats it! The whole 'I've collected all sixteen plates and the question mark plate', that is godmodding, plus, the plates are kind of essential to the storyline, but not much, so its kind of hard for me to continue the story if you introduce something non-canon like that.

But that is in the past and that is behind us now. learn from our mistakes and move forward.

Last edited:

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • Hey guys, I'm back from my weekend and better than ever!
    I have been pretty slow, but I do have a post coming. Things will start to become more intense as we get closer to what we have to do.

Sir Aaron1017

Psychic Master
    Years
  • *Shifter:
    >Name: Zackary (Zack) Maelin
    >Age: 19
    >Gender: Male
    >Appearance: Zack stands somewhere around 6'0 with jaw-length black hair which is cropped to hug his face. The back is spiked up, and is shorter than the front. He has very pale skin, which offsets the dark hair. His eyes are dark green, which stand out against the two extremes brilliantly, making them look endless, and in his bottom lip there is a piercing on the left side. (Right side if you're looking at him)

His musculature is toned, most muscles are defined, as he spends endless hours training not only his pokemon, but himself also.

Clothing: His wears a dark green, v-neck, mid-length sleeve shirt, the ends stopping right above his elbow, complimented by black semi-skinny jeans that bunch a little around his ankles. He wears black converse, which look a little worn. Around his waist is a black studded belt, alongside the belt that his pokeballs hook to. He has a pair of black, fingerless gloves that he wears sometimes, as well as black sunglasses.

>Personality: Zack, despite any misconceptions with his appearance, is a very happy and social guy. Having been raised with a few siblings, he is also very competitive, wanting to prove that he's worth the air he breathes. Although being social, Zack prefers to do things on his own sometimes, finding that if he has to rely on someone to do something, it'll never get done, or at least not to the same level, being a perfectionist is definitely tiring.

When it comes to Zack on a more emotional, personal level, he tends to be very vague and tries not to answer too many questions, still dealing with things that he hasn't fully accepted as part of his personality. There have been many struggles with who Zack is, and who he wants to be, and he is always trying to find some way to move past his internal struggle. He fears what people would do if they knew everything about him.

>History: Zackary Maelin was born in Lilycove City, his family having an exceptional house, with a slightly bigger income, thanks to his father, Kevin, who was one of the main tour guides of the Safari Zone. His mother, Evalynn, was one of the top Coordinators, having moved there when she was younger to compete, eventually meeting her husband there as well.

(OPT) Even at a young age, Zack had always been fascinated by pokemon, which was built upon as his father took him to work with him sometimes, allowing him to see all the rare breeds the safari zone had to offer. Once, when Zack had gone to work with his dad, he got separated from the touring group, and began to wander, not really fearing anything at that age. He stumbled upon the den of a mother Absol, her two children were playing nearby, and when they heard him, ran to their mother. The bigger of the two pups didn't seem as afraid though, staring at him as if it knew him. Realizing now that Zack was gone, Kevin and everyone on the staff went searching for him. As fate would have it, it was Kevin who found him, playing with the two pups and giggling. When Kevin tried to take Zack, the young Absol started growling, and Zack started crying, reaching out for it. Not knowing what else to do, Kevin pulled out one of his Ultraballs and caught the pokemon. After handing the ball to Zack, they went home. From that day on the two never left each other's side.

When Zack had been 15 for a few weeks, something strange happened. They had been training in the forest when the scenery changed, losing most of it's color. Not really knowing what had happened, Zack feared he was going blind, and the two took off toward home. As they ran, he noticed that everyone looked like a ghost, and no one seemed to pay any attention to the boy running madly through town. When he reached their home, Zack tried telling his mother what had happened, but she didn't seem to hear him, continuing to do the dishes. It was then that he realized that he could hear Ombro talking to him, trying to calm him down.

Now fearing that he had somehow died, he started crying. When Ombro saw this, he ran over to comfort him, and when they touched, Evalynn turned around suddenly, now hearing one of her children sobbing. She ran over to him and hugged him, telling him everything would be okay. He never told anyone what happened, and eventually forgot about what happened, until it happened again. As time went by, he realized that he could cause it to happen, the switch between what he assumed was the living and the dead. After realizing that he could cause this switch between realms, he began to explore the 'dead' world, taking an odd liking to it, and even using it for immature reasons, like to scare his siblings as he came out of nowhere. He did notice that he couldn't take anything with him though, as he had tried to take some food he was holding with him, which just dropped to the ground. Years pass and he has learned very little else about the 'dead' world.

>RP Sample: Excerpt from an rp I was in called ENTOURAGE. (Idk how to put it in a spoiler thing.. soo.. ^__^; )

"Before there was time for C.J. to reply, a familiar voice broke into her thoughts;

'Olivia, give us some cover-fire!'

'Ike? Where are you?' She asked, but instead, pushed into his mind and looked for the answer herself. She hoped they didn't mind, but she didn't have time to wait for a reply at the moment.

She dug through his most recent memories, and quickly found the answer she was looking for. They were a little north/east of her, just out of range of the clearing.

She looked around her quickly. Their enemies had been circling for a few minutes, trying to decide what to do now that there were two of them in the clearing. She smirked. 'Puh-lease. Don't waste my time.' She thought. She cleared her mind, readying her next attack. She focused on every Houndoom, Weavile, and Sneasel in the clearing, then delicately took a step forward, humming a lullaby. She twirled on one foot, then the next, pivoting gracefully around C.J., working her 'spell', Hypnosis. She gradually danced faster, her tune growing more peaceful and soothing. One by one, the eyes of her enemies slowly began to close, their bodies unconsciously lowering to the ground. Despite the moderate margarine of the moves failure, it worked out in her favor, leaving two standing, though they were moving a bit sluggishly now.

'C.J., I'll be right back, You can handle the awake ones till then?' She asked him, worrying about his vision, but trusting in his natural psychic instinct to make up for his impairment. She jumped over a sleeping Weavile, then spun quickly to avoid an unconscious Houndoom a few feet away.

When she reached the tree line, her vision became obscured due to the large cloud of smoke and dust. It was four to two, now three. The Glaceon laid unconscious on the ground behind a Delcatty who stood defensively over her body, charging a ShadowBall. Feeling with her mind, she found Joker in the center of the cloud, and a split second later, five ShadowBalls were launched, with Joker/Ike in the cross-fire.

With the most precise timing, he shouted a single word;

"Protect!"

The ShadowBalls hit his protective shell, being absorbed harmlessly.

'Now's my chance' She thought, then uttered a single word, feeling the location of the four miscreants.

"Imprison."

Her eyes began to glow a deep blue, and she could feel the psychic energy flow from her, trapping them inside a psychic 'lock', preventing them from using any of the moves she knew.

'Do you think you can take it from here?' She asked Ike, her thoughts returning to the sleeping Pokemon behind her that she hadn't dealt with yet. She wasn't quite sure, but she felt as if they had been able to see what she had thought, so she hoped they would understand wha
    t she was planning, and the precise timing required to execute said plan."

*Catalyst:
    >Name: Ombro
    >Gender: Male
    >Species: Absol
    >Personality: Ombro is very cautious, much like those of his species. Like most Absol, he has the ability to tell when a tragedy is about to occur, and tries to get Zack away from it by heading the opposite direction, an attempt to keep him safe. He doesn't like sharing Zack's attention, and usually interrupts things when he's not the center of attention. Ombro also loves to battle, considering that it's when Zack gives him complete attention. His personality is dark, almost morbid, and Zack has to stop him from taking things too far when they battle.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • Sorry this latest post has been a little late, I'm hit with an assignment every week so my time has gone considerably. But I will try my best to keep this RP running.

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
  • AAAARRRRGGGGH!!!

I wrote a post but the website gave me the finger and now I have to rewrite it.
    It wasn't that long, but its always annoying when that happens >.<

Edit: It might have been for the best, I came up with a better [or at least longer] post the second time round.

Last edited:
    Back