• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Focus Shift OOC

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Actually, PS3 DOES have backwards compatibilty. It can play PSOne games and the firat 40gb ps3s could play ps2 games. But it doesn't bother me since i still have my ps2.
    Yeah, i dont like xbox controllers. They're too huge for me since i've been playing playstations all my life. Even the gamecube controllers cheese me off.

The internet stuff between ps3 and xbox is that xbox has better servers but if i choose local matches on cod to get excellent connections. Even playing on american servers is fine for me.

Honestly? Halo sucks. The storyline has been pretty much been the same since Halo 1 and 2 and online is easily replacable with something like Battlefield bad company or even cod.

AND BLU RAY!! as much as people bag it out, there is a GIANT difference. Being an artist and graphic designer, crystal clear quality is superb and i hate watching animated movies on DVD.

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
    Ahhhh, someone who heavily favors graphics.
    I actually don't give two ****s about graphics, thats why I love N64 so much, the games were awesome in every aspect... except graphics, but since I didn't care I was happy.
    And only the old PS3s have backwards compatibility, they took it out because certain ports weren't selling well.
    I also don't like local servers, like to expand past where I live whenever possible.

Halo storyline was kinda boring, but the multiplayer was epic, a little easier if you were new to the FPS genre as well. I quite liked it when I first started getting into multi-player gaming.
    But the real awesome part of the Halo community was the MAP EDITOR!!!
    That **** was just epic, all sorts of fun random junk that just wasn't possible on any other game and it was definitely, undeniable the best part of my Halo experience. Jenga was definitely one of my absolute favorite things to do, so much fun.
    But junk man and race track were good to.
    Most zombie maps were also awesome.

Oh, and the comparison to COD and BC in multi-player.
    Yeah, not even. Halo multi-player was a little better balanced, skill was a much bigger issue because of a lesser variety of weapons and a greater amount of health which did recharge.
    It was better for learning how to play an FPS, and how good you were directly translated into how well you did, both tactically and in terms of fighting ability.

played COD:MW, COD:MW2, and COD:BO, three shots from random spraying can get you through every prestige without realizing that you actually suck. Skilled players were often given the shaft because skill didn't translate into doing well, wrote memorization of maps, spamming of an overpowered class, and connection speed determined more often then not who got the win.

Bad Company, played, is a little more balanced then COD, but their isn't as much variety in gameplay types, you can still die from unskilled players using cheap/unfair tactics, and if their was one good player on the attacking team, just one, they could easily **** over a bunch of really skilled players by exploiting the right flaw in the games engine. [I know this, i've been on both sides of this kind of playing, been the one doing it and spectating it.]

Halo, random spraying gets you dead quick, their is no single trick you can exploit numerous times in a row that has no conceivable defense, and I feel the lack of a rewards system keeps it much more balanced then COD or Bad Company.

These are just opnions though, Call of Duty is more fast paced then Halo and thus I end up playing it more, and Battlefield:Cad company is the same.
    Really how you like to play determines it, but I will always love the Halo series and its absolutely awesome map and times with friends (=

And you can get smaller xbox controllers, traditionally [or so i've notice] Wireless microsoft ones are biggest, then wired microsoft, then wired third party since Microsoft won't let any third party make a wireless controller.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    Okay, well i've played Halo about once, never played COD or anything of the sort...yeah, I don't know where i'm going with this.

But I do know where i'm going with this: I too am one that favors graphics. I can live with old games with horrible graphics, though I don't like them as much as I would if they had amazing graphics. Even pokemon Black and White don't have the best graphics, but they're amazing compared to previous pokemon games and other DS games.

The games that I think have the best graphics, that i've played, are Final Fantasy. Those graphics are amazing. Hope they come out with another Final Fantasy movie sometime soon, one movie just isn't enough!

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    The spirits within. It's not canon, but final fantasy non the less.

ALEC BALDWIN IS IN IT!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Uh, guys. Going offtopic a little once in a while and getting to know the other RPers is ok, but not a whole page on video gaming xD

4. SPAM, like the rest of the forums, SPAM is not allowed, this also includes too many OOC (Out of Character) posts, it's considered SPAM if used to many times. Please create an OOC thread if you feel that you will need to post OOC multiple times. Discussing matters not directly related to the RP is also treated as spam, so please keep your discussion relevant. PMs and visitor messages can both be used to discuss more general topics.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
    (blinks)

Wow, you guys got the mod on you. Great job. :P

I'm technically not in trouble since I wasn't talking about gaming. Naughty children~! :P

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    We're waiting for ichiro to post! :( how else do our fuzzy little minds pass the time?

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    Okay, so there is now a new post.

Alt. World, there are two people, one has a Desukan (Cofagrigus), the other has a Gengar. Angelina and Angelica will step back from the fight, but three other opponents will appear, you can choose will fully evolved Ghost type you fight.

But someone does need to take out the Gengar.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    Okay Miharu, here is my little fit.
    Note: I am the RP GM, it is my GM and the non canon stuff that appears is what I have thought up.
    Also, you are majorly Godmodding in the RP, 100% of her brain??? All the plates??? It just screams godmodding which is a big no-no.
    Please try and curb this habit before I kick you out, because it is starting to annoy me and get in the way of the progress of the RP.

~end rant.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    Well Michaela, we get the RP Mod on us and you get the GM.
    Also Ichiro, I just feel like pointing this out for some reason, but wouldn't it be that Miharu is a Mary-Sue, not godmodding?

And now I have a small prediction on what will happen with the Alternate World:
    Miharu, Kris, Josh and Raike are actually evil, Giratina is the evil pokemon, not Arceus. Kellyn also isn't evil and it was really Kris/Raike/Josh/Miharu that disposed of Harley/Anthony because they were also good. Just a guess ;)

Now, it's time to make the other three minions of Giratina to appear so that Josh, Raike and Kris may battle [:

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
    Yeah, thats why I didn't point it out to her at the time, it seemed like that she was becoming a mary-sue, but not godmodding [unless destroying that giratina grunt was godmodding...]
    And the 100% brain thing didn't really make sense, the other 88% is used for bodily functions.
    The actual statement should probably be people only consciously used 12% of their brain...

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
    >_>
    <_<

Sorry Ichiro. D= I'll have Miharu dispute that. And it really would be Mary-Sue-ish. Not Godmoding.

Also, I did some research, like Zamorak said, we do use 100% of our brains, but not all for thought process. I'll just say something about backlash for something that appears in another RP (since they are the same person).

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    I think it would suit Harley more if she was "evil". She's a selfish person so a threat for her life would be enough to turn her over. That's why she hates this deathwalking. It puts her life in danger and people have to depend on her to get to the death realm.

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2023
    Now I'm expecting my charrie to turn the corner and find himself in a cell... :/

Back