• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Focus Shift [PG+15] SU's Open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
  • Focus Shift [PG+15], It's Started.

Focus Shift [PG +16]
    SU's are open, a couple of spots exist! The RP has Begun.

"I let my focus shift, that's all there is to it. Now you try."

My name is Raigami Ichiro but you can just call me Ichiro. If you are reading this then you may be a "Shifter" like me. If you are not a Shifter, read on, our story is worth it. If you are however, help me; join my cause against the oncoming darkness. I'll be waiting in the Aether Realm for you.

Definitions:

-Aether Realm: The realm directly next to ours, sometimes often called the Spirit Realm, something close to the Distortion World of Giratina but not quite.

-Catalyst: A Pokémon that acts as the fulcrum, allowing Shifters to enter and exit the Aether Realm, only a few types exist.

-Shifter: A term coined by me, people who can 'shift' between the Contemporary Realm we live in and the Aether Realm through the aid of a Catalyst.

Ever had that feeling that someone is watching you but when you turn around no one is there? Or a sudden spine chilling shiver that runs down your spine like someone has thrown a bucket of ice-cold water over your head? Then in many cases it was probably me – sorry for that. I am what I call a "Shifter"; we are humans that move from our Contemporary Realm that we live in to the Aether or Spirit Realm through the use of a Pokémon called a Catalyst. Catalysts are often a Pokémon that a person has bonded with from birth and also have a connection to the Aether Realm. In my case, my Catalyst is my Pokémon Absol.

I am eighteen now and three years ago I first discovered my abilities to travel between realms. In this instance I was relaxing back, chilling out; exams were over and I had no worries until school came back next year. Within several minutes I phased out and began feeling weird. My skin began to tingle like pins and needles and as I shifted my focus into place, everything distorted and I fell into the Aether Realm, quite by accident.

Even after three years I am apprehensive about shifting realms but some things just can't be avoided can they?

So here is where I need your help:

A week ago I was exploring the Aether Realm with my Absol as I often do to find out what is so different about it compared with our world when I stumbled across what I can only call a storm cloud. I had noticed previously that there is an absence of weather in the Aether Realm so I got closer to check it out. As soon as I was a few metres from the side of it Absol began to act aggressively, trying to herd me away from the storm cloud. It was only when an apparition of Giratina launched itself at us that I got scared and hurriedly left the Aether Realm. When I returned I found many people had become aggressive and intolerant as had Absol with me which has me worried. What the hell is this storm cloud, I want to get to the bottom of it.
    I need a team of Shifters and their Catalysts, I fear that there is something wrong in the Aether Realm that we need to fix and only we can fix it.

Aether Realm:

This realm exists close to our conscious Contemporary Realm. It mostly exists as a grey, hazy world where buildings and nature become transparent and shimmering, ghostly images of people and Pokémon appear this is speculated to be their Spirit, hence the name of the realm. There is no weather in the Aether Realm, this includes wind. Pokémon known as Catalysts are said to live in both the Contemporary Realm and Aether Realm simultaneous but this too is highly speculated. When moving from the Human Realm to the Aether Realm, Shifters take their bodies with them meaning that when they Shift out of the Aether Realm into the Human Realm, they effectively teleport somewhere else. There is no sound in the Aether Realm however it has been noted that both Pokémon and humans can talk in this realm. It has been speculated that in some cases, people have been able to converse with their Pokémon, however there is no evidence to back this theory up.

SU's:

Name: (Full name please)

Appearance: (Two paragraphs, one about body such as skin, hair, etc. and one about clothing.)

Personality: (Two paragraphs, how they act, what they are like, etc.)

History: (Not too long or short, I just want emphasis on your first visit to the Aether Realm (at the age of 15) and two paragraphs on either side showing the history of your character on either side of the shifting.)

RP Sample: (Anything goes, I just want to see your skills.)

Catalyst: ( Absol/ Girafarig/ Ariados/ Espeon/ Umbreon/ Mawile/ Mightyena/ Houndoom)

Rules:

1. You must be active in this role-play, or you will be kicked out, sorry.
    2. No godmodding, power playing, or bunnying
    3. Posts with Quality and Quantity are required
    4. I have the right to remove you from this role-play if you break more than one rule
    5. Try to shoot for proper grammar, I understand the basic mistakes but please, if they are constant I must ask you to slow down and read it over before posing.
    6. If you are inactive or do not post for more than a week (without an excuse), you will be kicked. end of story.

Accepted Participants:

雷影 イチロ as Raigami Ichiro
    Catalyst: Amaterasu the Absol

Strikit as Hanna Aslynn
    Catalyst: Hades the Houndoom

Rainbow Munchies as Rain Chrysalis Tesla
    Catalyst: Snuff the Houndoom

Last edited:

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014
    Edit: Nm... good idea, but the plot lacks a bit to much.

Last edited:

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • The plot thickens as the RP goes on. I cant reveal too much of the plot now without revealing much of the RP.

eveelution

RolePlay Minion
    Years
  • Hey, I just want to help by pointing out that where you put what pokemon could be a catalyst on the Sign Up, I think you might have ment Mawile, not Mawlie. Just wanted to help. Great plot, though! I might attempt at joining if I can convince myself that I will have enough time to roleplay.

Also, what pace do you intend to set the roleplay? Sorry if I'm being a nuisence.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • Hey, I just want to help by pointing out that where you put what pokemon could be a catalyst on the Sign Up, I think you might have ment Mawile, not Mawlie. Just wanted to help. Great plot, though! I might attempt at joining if I can convince myself that I will have enough time to roleplay.

Also, what pace do you intend to set the roleplay? Sorry if I'm being a nuisence.

yea oops my bad, ill fix that. its fine, the pace will probably be set at about one to two posts per week, maybe more, maybe less depending on how people post.

Pheonix987

Nyan, nyan, myancology...
    Years
  • May I reserve a spot for Umbreon, please? Interesting RP, btw.

P.S, No, not the interesting like man-this-is-horrible-but-I-don't-want-to-hurt-the-person's-feelings, the nice interesting that should be aplauded with a cookie. *hands virtual cookie*

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Name: Hanna Aslynn

Appearance: At a glance, the first thing a person would note about Hanna is her long honey blonde hair. As opposed to being perfectly straight it waves slightly at the ends, which can almost touch the waistband of her jeans. When it gets in her way, if she doesn't have anything to tie it with, she can easily twist and tie it in a bun-like knot at the back of her head. Her large, round bright green eyes are expressive to a point where she hardly needs to reveal her emotions verbally. It is a stretch to get her to leave the house without either eyeliner or mascara. The contrast of the black against her pale skin helps to make her eyes more striking. All other makeup is forsaken, as she doesn't like what it does to her complexion. Hanna's face is somewhat heart shaped, and her features aren't particularly memorable, but she's almost always smiling. She is neither tall nor short, standing at about 5'5", but she is somewhat voluptuous. It's not so much that she's fat, as the media's representation of a beautiful woman does not include her.

Hanna's favorite pants are simple white capris of a fabric lighter than blue jean material. Along with them she likes tank tops of various colors, anywhere from black to pastels. Her favorite, however, is her black one. Never will she be found without the glass ball of a diameter of half an inch on a silver chain around her neck. Within the glass ball is an eternally burning flame. The source of this flame is the first ember her Houndoom breathed before his evolution. It is a unique trinket and there are those who have offered her cash up front for it before, but she is not about to give it up. Her favorite shoes are a black pair of Converse with dice on the sides and Sharpie graffiti on the rubber toes. The only kind of socks she will wear are the kind that don't come up past her ankles.

Personality: Hanna is a fairly bubbly person. She has an easy time making friends, at least on the shallowest level. Getting truly close to people is another matter entirely. While she may have a number of people she associates with, there are a few who go even farther than that and become like family to her. This can take months or years, and even then the chances are slim. This does not by any stretch of the imagination mean she is a lonely person. She considers herself socially and spiritually fulfilled, and quite happy with the way things are.

As far as she is concerned with herself, Hanna doesn't have the best self esteem. Her opinion of herself physically is that she is mediocre at best. She places far more value on the mind than the body, however, and has a knack for looking past a person's physical flaws to their "inner beauty." She takes an immediate liking to Pokemon with a disadvantage, such as an amputated leg or missing eye.

Competitive is a word that can without a doubt be used to describe her. Though most of the time the competition is just friendly, there can be times when she takes a win or lose situation quite seriously. This generally occurs with those she is close to, most often when they are just as competitive as she is and the aspect is something she excels at.

History: Hanna was born in Lilycove in a house near the beach. She lived there for the first seven years of her life with her parents and three siblings, two sisters and a brother. Her father was a prominent marine biologist. His specialty was the migration patterns of Wailmer, where they went for each season, to mate, and when they were most social. Randolph Aslynn is the man accredited with the discovery that a Wailmer's mating song changes completely when it evolves into a Wailord. Because of his success, Hanna's father was able to keep his family from wanting for anything. However, a hurricane Delilah struck Lilycove with a ferocity that tore houses apart and ruined carefully cultivated lives. The Aslynn's home was ruined. This left them with two options. They could either stay and rebuild, as a few other brave people were, or they could try to start anew elsewhere. The latter was simply more practical for their family. They moved to Sunyshore in Sinnoh, since Randolph had contacts there. Hanna liked it far more there, for the sunny weather. Lilycove had been one of those places that rained almost continuously, making it so that only a few days out of the summer were suitable for swimming. That was not true in Sunyshore. Hanna thrived in the new environment. For her tenth birthday her mother brought her home a baby Houndour from the Pokemon Nursery she worked at. Hanna was thrilled with her new companion. Though her sunny personality clashed with Houndour's hellish tendencies, she loved him. Aware of his ties with the negative aspect of the afterlife even then, she named him Hades without hesitation and gave him a chain collar. When she was thirteen he ran away from her on a walk to chase a Chimchar that had been taunting him for months. Heartbroken, Hanna searched for hours until her mother made her come home. Two days later Hades came limping home, his forelegs bearing fresh wounds and his left eye missing. As horrified as she was by her best friend's grievous injuries, Hanna was just glad to have him home. He was taken to a Center, where he was attended to as well as possible, but he has sustained faint scars on his forelegs, and his eye is still gone. To this day only Hades knows exactly what happened.

Hades evolved overnight when Hanna was fifteen. She went to bed with her Houndour curled up at the foot of her bed, and when she woke up he had grown two feet, fifty pounds, and two horns. Hades seemed just as surprised about the change as she was; apparently it had occurred while he was out. After they realized what had happened, though, they celebrated the change by spending the day at the beach. Despite being a Fire type Hades had always loved the ocean. On that particular day the beach had been nearly deserted. They spent all day enjoying the lunch she had packed, playing in the sand, and cooling off in the water. As dusk drew near, the few other people who had been at the beach began to leave. Hanna was reluctant; as tired as she was, she was enjoying herself. Finally, after the sun had almost completely set she was ready to go home when Hades suddenly began to snarl incessantly. Confused, Hanna hadn't the time to ask him what was wrong before she began to feel an odd sensation over her entire body, like everything had fallen asleep. The next thing she knew she was somewhere else entirely. It looked like the beach she had been on just moments before, but as though she was looking at it through a veil. She noted that the pleasant breeze that had been blowing moments before was absent here, and the only truly clear apparitions were herself and Hades. This was when Hades opened his mouth not to bark, but to ask her if she was alright. This was the first experience Hanna had with the Aether Realm, and as disconcerting as it was, it was an overall positive one. While she was unsure how to handle the lack of weather and the way the realm seemed to be purely inhabited by spirits, she enjoyed being able to converse with Hades. They learned a lot about one another during the excursion, which lasted several hours.

When they returned to their own realm, they had a new understanding for one another, beyond that of just Pokemon and master. There would be a few more trips to the Aether Realm over the years, though not too terribly many. Hades went with Hanna when she decided to attend classes to become a biologist, though unlike her father she wanted to study Houndoom packs in the wild. She found in recent days Hades triggers trips to the Aether Realm more often, though he will not disclose his reasons.

RP Sample:
    Ethan was no angel. Over the course of his lifetime he'd done things he regretted, he'd done things that hurt others, and he'd done things that had hurt himself. But never had he done something this horrible. Caterpie was practically a baby, unable to defend itself if something larger and stronger came along. He knew they had got lucky with Rattata. They had won due to its desire to prove itself to him, and his instruction. Caterpie had neither on its side now. It was common knowledge that Pokemon thrived under trainers, often battling much less effectively on their own. And when Ethan thought about it he realized Starly may not be the only creature present that ate Caterpie. What if Rattata did? He had no idea what other sorts of beasts lurked in the trees. Had he condemned it to its death? He'd never forgive himself if that was the case.

Then he heard a familiar sound a distance behind him. The warbling cry Caterpie used to communicate fear and pain carried to him, so clearly there was no mistaking it. He stopped dead in his tracks, facing forward but looking back. Was he sure it was Caterpie? Would it want him to go find it? As the cries intensified he made up his mind. Whether it wanted him or not he was going to go save it from whatever was harming it. It may be pathetic, it may be useless, but it didn't deserve to die.

He turned around and ran. Dirt loosened under the soles of his shoes and more than once he feared he was going to lose his balance and spill forward, most likely removing all of the skin from his face, arms, and hands. But he couldn't slow down. He had to find Caterpie. After a frantic search he came upon a small ghost Pokemon, about to hit Caterpie with its horn.

"Back off!" he yelled fiercely, instinctively grabbing the ball containing Rattata from his pocket. He threw it, releasing the small Pokemon. It hissed at the offending ghost, baring its fangs.

"Rattata, use Quick Attack!" Rattata crouched low then lunged at Caterpie's attacker. It passed right through it, which made it angry. Chattering the entire time it continued to lunge, the attack proving itself harmless every time. But that gave Ethan enough of a distraction to run forward and pick Caterpie up. Shivering in his arms, it curled up into a small green ball and allowed itself to be held. That was when he realized there was a trainer present.

Though he knew it was his fault, Ethan couldn't help but be angry. Caterpie was his. "What's the matter with you, running around trying to steal other people's Pokemon? Don't you have better things to do?" He glared harshly and recalled Rattata, for it was exhausting itself with its futile attempts to attack the ghost. "You'll be lucky if I don't report you for Pokemon thievery." With that he turned on heel and ran. He didn't want to have to get into a fight, as Caterpie was too scared to move and Rattata wasn't effective against the offending trainer's Pokemon. Besides that, however, he didn't want her to know he'd abandoned it. He didn't want anyone to know, ever. Just as he wasn't going to tell anyone he used to have a Caterpie, now he wouldn't tell anyone he had tried to get rid of it. It may not be much, but it was worth much more than he gave it credit for.

When he judged they were a fair distance away from the trainer he slowed to a walk. Gradually Caterpie began to unravel from its ball. Lying on its back in his arms it looked up at him with huge eyes and crooned questioningly. "It's alright," he promised it. "I'm not going to let you go anymore."

Though it didn't understand his words, it understood his meaning and the change of tone. It began to make a strange purring sound as it crawled up to his right shoulder, which seemed to be its favorite place, and curled around his neck. "You're tired too?" He reached up and stroked its squishy smooth body. "We're almost to Jubilife. When we get there I'll take you and Rattata to a center, we'll rest, and we'll be good as new."

The rest of the trek to Jubilife City was silent, save for the soft singing of bird Pokemon in the trees as they settled down. The sky overhead darkened gradually until the sun disappeared completely. Ethan was left walking in the dark for a few minutes, and he considered camping for the night. But then the lights of jubilife came into view, and he decided to continue. He was so close, and his Pokemon needed healing. Besides that Ethan had never slept outside a single night in his life. He didn't exactly want to start now.

When he trudged into the Jubilife City limits he glanced around to get an understanding of how the city was constructed. Luckily, the center was directly in his line of sight. Legs burning from exertion, he pushed on. The white red-roofed building grew larger until he was close enough to grasp the handle of the door on the left and pull, letting himself in. Due to the increasingly late hour there weren't all that many people inside, of which he was glad. He didn't want to have to wait in line. A row of plastic chairs stood against the wall adjacent with the entrance. A total of four trainers of various ages occupied them, leaving the majority empty. A gleaming white tile floor reflected the bright light from above, giving everything a blindingly clean look. It was all new to Ethan, for he had never been inside a Pokemon Center before. He'd never had a reason to. Unsure what he should be doing he approached the front desk slowly. A smiling young woman with long red hair waited for him expectantly.

"I need my Pokemon healed," he said quietly. The nurse nodded and handed him a clipboard and pen. "Just write your full name and the species of your Pokemon. That way we can help to avoid a mixup." He did as he was told, up until he got to the part where he was supposed to tell the genders of his Pokemon.

"I don't know their genders," he mumbled with a blush. But instead of scoffing and calling him stupid she gestured for him to hand her Caterpie. He did so and she examined it carefully. It took her a moment or two of staring at its antenna to decide.

"This is a little girl," she said cheerfully. "You can tell because her antenna is more red than orange. Males' are orange to attract females. That way when they evolve into Butterfree and are ready to mate there are already females nearby."

Ethan furrowed his brow in confusion. "I thought Caterpie evolved into Metapod?"

The nurse laughed and set Caterpie on the counter to fill out her gender slot on the sheet. "It does, yes. But then it becomes a Butterfree. It has a three-stage evolution."

When he looked at Caterpie again he saw her in a whole different light. So she was indeed a baby, quite literally. He felt even worse for abandoning her, but he resolved to make up for it. He would take the best care possible of her. She was his partner, and he would treat her as such.

"The form says you have a Rattata too." Ethan glanced up, jolted out of his thoughts. "Oh yeah, sorry." From inside his pocket he withdrew Rattata's ball and released it. It looked up at the nurse with some aggression, unsure of its surroundings.

She immediately marked male on its information sheet. "How do you know it's a male?" he asked. She raised a brow at him. "How do you not know?"

With all that said, she took his Pokemon into the back. Ethan didn't really know what to do with himself after they were gone. He supposed he could use the time to come up with names for his new team. After all, if they were going to be with them for a while he would have to call them something. Rattata was easy enough. He called upon his education, how his mother had insisted he learn Latin. A word immediately came to mind when he thought of how the Pokedex had told him they were often found in abundance. Furcifer, meaning pest, would be perfect for a male Rattata. But what about Caterpie?

He began to pace as he thought. It was a girl, and she would evolve into a Butterfree. He'd already known what a Butterfree was, but somehow neglected to make the evolutionary connection. So what could he call her? Verde was a possibility, for her green body, but she wouldn't always be green. In fact, Butterfree weren't green at all. He continued to ponder when his eye fell on the message board. There was a rather large picture of a Rattata and strips on the bottom with an address. After closer inspection he realized someone was actually looking for Rattata, and was offering a reward for them. What could be so special about Rattata, he wondered? They were just outside the city. All one had to do was walk fifty feet and no doubt they would find one. But he wasn't about to question it. He took a strip and finally sat down in one of the uncomfortable plastic chairs.

After fifteen or so minutes had passed the nurse returned with Furcifer and Caterpie. "Here you are, Mr. Sarvais. Your Pokemon are tired still, but refreshed. You should get some sleep. We offer lodgings here at the Center, in case you didn't know that."

Ethan smiled gratefully. "No ma'am, I didn't know that. Thank you for telling me."

He returned Furcifer to his ball and allowed Caterpie to crawl back up onto his shoulders while they discussed how long he would need the room and how much it would cost him. They settled on from that moment until ten in the morning, for Focus Shift [PG+15] SU's Open.500. The fee was minuscule compared to how much money his parents had sent with him, so he paid gladly and accepted his room key. Instead of going to his room, however, he hoisted his bag back up onto his shoulders and exited the Center. He wanted to look into the Rattata trade before he turned in for the night. It wasn't too late, so he assumed he wouldn't be disturbing anyone when he reached the specified address. The house was large, yes, and rather pretty, but nothing new. In fact, it was rather like the house his family had owned in Canalave. Curious as to what he would find inside he grabbed one of the Arcanine-shaped doorknockers and banged it against the lovely wood. It wasn't long before he heard footsteps scurrying to answer. A small woman who appeared to be in her thirties opened the door, smiling hugely, throat and earlobes adorned with large opals.

"Hello, hello!" she said cheerily. "Are you here about the Rattata?" He nodded, once again unsure of the situation he was in. "Well, then come in!"

He did as she asked and she shut the door behind him. "My son is a Rattata enthusiast," she explained as she led him to the young boy's room. "He wants a full team of Rattata to take on the gym challenge with, but I can't stand to let him go out of the City and catch them. There are all sorts of nasty creatures out there that might harm him."

That talk had taken up enough time for them to get to the kid's room. She opened the door and Ethan got the first glimpse into the life of the new prospective owner of Furcifer. There were already five Rattata blundering about the room, Rattata posters on the wall, Rattata books, and even plush Rattata. Ethan didn't think he'd ever seen someone so obsessed with any sort of Pokemon.

As soon as the boy saw him his face lit up and he jumped to his feet from where he was on the floor, wrestling with his Rattata.

"Are you here to bring me one too?" he asked excitely. In answer he released Furcifer from his Pokeball. The kid hurried forward to examine him. "He's lovely. Here, this is the Pokemon I have for you." He then backtracked as quickly as he'd come and removed an ornate Apriball from a shelf. It was decorated beautifully, with a pattern of swirls that resembled flames over silver. The kid pushed it into his hands before he could say anything. "Thank you, I have my whole team now! I can take on the gyms whenever I want. I know I'll win."

The trip out of the house, the goodbyes exchanged, and the walk back to the Pokemon Center all happened in a blur. Ethan was far too exhausted to pay any mind to anything to the right or left of him. He stumbled into the Center and up the stairs to the housing floor. His room turned out to be number 27, right next to the ice machine. Dimly he was thrilled by that; he'd always liked being able to make a short trip to get ice when staying in strange places. Having it far away was just one of his pet peeves.

He unlocked the door with his key and entered to find two beds and a small black and white television. He couldn't have cared less about entertainment, however. He kicked off his shoes, shrugged his bag off his back, and crossed the room where he fell onto the bed, fully dressed. "Today was long," he said aloud. Caterpie voiced her agreement and wiggled up next to him on the pillow, where she curled into a tiny ball and was asleep in seconds.

Always having been a curious person, Ethan wondered what rare Pokemon his new Apriball contained. He picked it out of his pocket and set it onto the table next to his bed. He'd just made up his mind to find out when true lethargy took over his limbs. 'Tomorrow,' he decided. He then rolled over, facing Caterpie, and blacked out.

Catalyst:
    Houndoom

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 19, 2010
    Name: Henry Snowblood

Appearance:Henry is a tall thin young man, around 5'10, he takes care of his body by exersising due to his habits of his old job before he left it. His hair is of a light blonde-red color that washes out his pale skin, and it is slightly ragged and long since he let it grow out for around a year. He wears thin black framed glasses, holding his storm cloud grey eyes. His face is circular, ending with a firm double chin. Henry's eyebrows are square and blocky, leaning more on the narrow side. His hands are long, like piano fingers, and everything on his echos the lean body image he had.

Normally he wears a simple pair of black jeans and a t-shirt. He never wears sneakers unless he's working out, normally wearing a pair of black climbing boots (which are always polished to a sheen). If the weather is nasty he is usually found wearing a black trench coat. His hair is long enough to be tied in a small pony tail, but he prefers to just let it hang around him. He looks fairly unkempt, due to his growing facial hair. However, looking at how his clothes hand clean and well fitting on him, and the fact his boots are always polished, lends to a opinion of a man who is more ritualistic.

Personality: Before his pokemon quest he was quiet, and unsettled. Some might call him grumpy, but only closest friends could see the excited and enjoyable Henry. Every since his friends death however, he locked himself in, usually dealing with people with a cold isolated attitude. (Also where his nickname came from.) It ruined his realationship with his long time high school sweetheart. Only now, after a year or so after the start of his pokemon quest, has he begun to open up again. It never helped him with his anger issue though. He was detained for assaulting another trainer after one of his pokemon was brutally knocked out.

While he is very capable, as a trainer and a Shifter, he doesn't regard it much. Some would call it aroggence, but to him, unless he tries, he won't know if he is good or bad. Often he approaches any situation with a cool military manner, calculating and preparing, only accepting defeat after all options have been stopped. Only with his Espeon, does he open up. He never found alone, with her always by his side.

History:Henry was born and raised in Snowpoint, in the Sinnoh region. He loved the mountains, loved the earth, the ice, the snow, the unique pokemon. His father was a tour guide, and helped Henry understand how to survive the moutains, and many times Henry joined his father on guides, helping wealthy tourists up and down the mountains. One time, he alerted the tour group about a pending avalanche, using the tips his father had taught him. They took cover and he had saved lives with simple observation. Fraulein Geist was his reward for helping the group, a well to do man, someone who collected rare pokemon, pressed the Luxury Ball into Henry's hand, and smiled before he left town. It was tense at first, they weren't use to each other, but soon Henry and Fraulein were best friends, and he took her everywhere.

Henry's first "shift" was shocking and brutal to him. He had been skiing down the slopes in his hometown of Snowpoint, when he shifted. The pinpricks were like hot pokers in his skin, as suddenly, everything warping and melting, until he fell face first into the Aether Realm. Pushing himself up he saw the wonderous Realm for the first time. He nearly panicked, but he felt that he wasn't alone. Frau Geist, his Espeon was looking at him, with those big black eyes. He reached out and she leapt into his arms.

It only lasted a moment, but unlike his entrance, his exit was slow. He could see the overlay of the physicial world begging to emerge, and seeing his best friend skiing up to him. And then, he saw a great dark pokemon floating over his friend. He wanted to say something, but words failed him. Just before he finished reappearing, he saw a void, like a great canyon, crack open in the Aether Realm under his friend.

And then he was back.

It took him 3 years for him to understand what he had seen. It was the only time he had seen it happen in his later visits of the Aether. It was a small harrowing glimpse into the future. He downplayed it, ignoring the thing thatr would lurk in his dreams and nightmares. He finished school at 18, and enlisted into the Moutian Rescue Patrol. A small paramilitary force that was made to protect tourists and visitors, and make sure the moutain was safe. He and his best friend excelled in the training. Together they had rescued at least 6 people and several Pokemon from avalanches, and other accidents.

One day, on a rescue mission near a large canyon, a feral Abamasnow attacked them. No warning, just a loud roar and a crashing tree pokemon. Before Henry or his friend could react, the Abamasnow crashed into his best friend,, and both of them went flying into the canyon. Before his eyes, Henry saw his vision fulfilled.

He left Snowpoint in half a year, severing connections with his friends and his family. He fell into a depression state that lasted until his 19th birthday. He almost daily vistits the Aether now, exploring and experimenting in it.

RP Sample:

One whole year. The thought lingered in his mind for a few seconds. He sighed and closed his yes, his hands reaching up and taking his glasses off his face. Everytime he remembered... he felt guilt, failure, sadness.... and fear. "So very strange... fear is something trained out of me... but..." Sighing again, Henry stood up. No longer did the fine snow mountains of his homeland greeted him, but a bright yellow sun, and too much heat.

Frowning for a moment he slid his glasses on again, looking out the window to the bustling city street beneath him. He lost his focus for a moment, only snapping back into reality when Geist mewed softly at his foot. Looking down he smiled sitting onto his bed again and she leapt into his lap. "Ah, Frauline, I'm a mess... I know." He whispered as he petted her, scratching her behind her ears. "I still don't understand how I saw that, all those years ago, but... there is so much to the Aether Realm... so much we don't understand." He stretched again, rubbing his chin with his hand. Reaching down he petted Frauline Geist again, before he closed, his eyes, and shifted.

Each time was different, each time changed. This time, it was sliding down into sand, gently scratching him as he opened his eyes, and was greeted by the misty fog that was the Aether. His Espeon dropped off his lap and walked a few steps away from him as he stood up, his chair vanishing back into the regular world. He held his hands out, the fog retreating from his grasp. "The fog still retreats from my touch, its like only a background noise. "

"Maybe its because we're from the regular world?" A soft voice whispered in his head. He looked down to his pokemon and smiled nodding.

"I was going to say the same thing, Frauline. We're are too... real... even when we shift." He studied the fog again, "But I can't help feel nervous around the fog, it feels like it has a... presence. Like another sentient being."

"Mayhaps the fog is but our minds blocking us from insanity?" His Espeon replied jumping up to his shoulder and wrapping around his neck.

"That would be intresting." Henry said grinning slightly. "I think we're done for today." He whispered, letting his mind let go of the Aether realm. He had things to do in the real world, as much as he detested doing them. So, like being sucked into a undercurrent, he 'dropped' into reality once more. A soft puring noise in his ear greeted him as he pulled off Frauline and set her onto his desk.

Catalyst: Espeon

Last edited:

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • Wow, a flood of SU's, that i have to read through. Catalysts are not reserved so two or more people can have an absol Catalyst if they want, my character will have an Absol, you can too if you want.

I wont write up reservations, just submit your SU when you are ready, no rush.

Edit:

Strikit: Looks good, just need the history and RP Sample before you are Accepted.

Thalen: I need a little more detail in the History and RP Samle before you are Accepted. The history also needs to include a decent size paragraph on either end of the History you have now to give more detail on his life up to now, but everything else is good.

Hmmm, seems i need my SU up soon, oh and thanks Phoenix for the virtual cookie, it was delicious. now back to SU......

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 19, 2010
    My post has been edited for the new profile.

@Perfect, you don't need to reserve a pokemon. Theres more than one of each of the Catalysts.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • Thalen: Can i please have more on before his first shift, a decent size paragraph will do fine.

Perfect: no reservations, just choose then write.

Edit: Oh yes, and catalysts can talk to their trainers through a mental link in the Aerther Realm but only there can they do it.

Strikit: Thank-you, its great! your Accepted!

Last edited:

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • It's borderline but it is accepted, welcome to the RP.

Okay, its my turn.

Name:Raigami Ichiro (commonly called Ichiro= First name)

Appearance:
    Ichiro stands at five foot eleven inches and weighs seventy kilograms. Most of his weight lies in his muscle mass due to constant martial arts training. Ichiro has soft, charcoal black hair that covers his eyebrows and the tops of his ears but never does he allow it to touch the collar of his shirt. He has his mothers ice-blue eyes that people often comment "can look into the depths of someones soul." and dexterity. He has his fathers light, yellow skin tone and intelligence. Ichiro has quite an angled face from his mothers side however his mouth, eyes and nose come from his fathers side.

He wears a red Hachimaki (Cloth wrapped around the forehead) with the white symbol "幻" which lies just visible and beneath his hair. He wears two stainless steel dog tag around his neck, one of him and the other of his Absol, whom wears a similar pair of dog tags too. On his left wrist lies a silver Movado Mens Series 800 watch. Ichiro quite often wears a black t-shirt with the symbol "死" and a Japanese dictionary meaning written under it, both in dark red, Tan-coloured designer cargo pants, a black leather belt, white Adidas socks and Black Kustoms Shoes.

Personality:
    Ichiro is a dedicated person, when he is set a task or is given an opportunity he will do it to the very end, putting all his effort into it and not stopping. His dedication has led him to begin university ahead of the rest of the people his age due to his brains and the effort he put into studying. This dedication has meant that he has excluded himself to study, passing up the chance to go into town to watch a movie with friends to study for scholarships or to work.

In a way, he is quite anti-social however he has a strong sense of Justice leading to him studying law at university and feels that society is beginning to crumble due to evil people and constantly works towards sending them to jail.

He hates people who are constantly happy, saying that; "They live in a dream world, the wool pulled over their eyes." When in the city he tries to avoid crowds as he feels vulnerable in that situation, and constantly watches everybody for the sign that they are going to commit a crime.

He like places high up like in trees or mountains where he can get away from distractions and often studies in his tree hut in the tall oak in his backyard. He hates it when people fight and will often step into break it up, and will also stop people from committing crimes in public, and is not afraid of getting hurt.

His biggest weakness is his inability to control his emotions when they get the better of him, such as anger, hate, fear which leads to him getting into fights with many people when they insult him.

History: (Not too long or short, I just want emphasis on your first visit to the Aether Realm((at the age of 15)).)

RP Sample:
    "When you are deprived of one or more senses, the others will kick in, become sharper, more refined…."

Information was everywhere these days, and the extents of the human body were still being found even by today's modern scientists. "We know very little about the human body, it is capable of extraordinary feats and we have the potential to be able to do this one day…" It was funny how that little bit of information had kept stuck in his mind amongst the clutter of everything else.

When Anton had lain down on the seat, he had not taken notice of the boy sitting across from him; he was just a person, no one in particular. Why should he communicate with those who have so much more than him? Even thinking about it just made his blood boil. Stupid people, they know nothing of the terrors of life. But he had not fallen into a meditative faux sleep to think about those he envied, no, he had deprived himself of sight, just another sense. In doing so though, his other senses had begun to kick in and already he could feel his hearing become stronger, sharper more refined to make up for the loss of his sight. He also kept his mouth shut, depriving yet another sense and again felt his hearing become clearer as he began the search for information.

"People leak much more information than they think; it's good to know what others know." Of course this was spying but who cared? They certainly didn't know that he was doing it and soon he had a picture of certain people he would pay close attention to.

"Two girls at the back, girl and guy up front, maybe more but they are definites."

There was not much to go on, stupid people talking about their friends, school and home life, just listening to them created a whirlwind of rage within Anton's stomach but then the two girls at the back became talking, it was very interesting indeed.

So for nigh on a couple of minutes he listened to each talk, noting down and memorizing what they said. "A ghost and a psychic Pokémon, eh? Very interesting."

However much of the end of the conversation was lost when the intercom overhead sqwarked:

""Attention all passengers, please buckle up! The train will be departing from the station in a matter of minutes."

Leaving Anton's ears ringing. Then only a minute after the announcement the boy that Anton had not paid particular attention to spoke up:

"Excuse me, but is owning a Pokemon is a requirement to enter this school?"

The boy had been fine when he left Anton alone but with his hearing disrupted and nothing else intriguing going on, he decided that this may be a chance to do some of that 'interactioning' thingy that his latest parents had tried teaching him. And so Anton got up, end looked at the boy across from him. Nothing seemed to jump out about him but in ways he did seem unhappy.

"Ask someone else." He tried, this seemed and alright reply for Anton did not know the answer to the kids question, why should he? Terror and him had been partners for along time, nothing could replace the bond (his only bond) that Anton had made with Terror. Then again, Anton wondered why he was spending his time on this kid, he would probably just end up punching the kid one.

Deciding to ignore the kid, Anton withdrew the ipod from his pocket and plugged it into his ears. He leaned back against the window and tucked Terrors tail back under his jacket and flicked through the artists on his iPod. He came to Dark Tranquility and pressed play, the melodic death metal seeped into his ears, filling his head with the rhythmic chaos that was music. He turned it up loud to drown out everyone else and begun to slowly leave his body, retreating into the recesses of his mind where he comfortably lay.

Catalyst: Amaterasu the Absol

Last edited:

Pheonix987

Nyan, nyan, myancology...
    Years
  • so sorry for long delay...

I'm so sorry about the long delay, but when I was finished, the Internet didn't work, and I had to wait until tomorrow. Next day=Must do project. That goes on for 4 more days. Again, sorry for the delay.

--------------

Name: William "Bill" (used only by closest friends to annoy) Kradrington

Appearance: William has an average built, not too buff but not sagged, either. His height stands at five feet and three inches, and his weight is around fifty eight kilograms. He has an extreme tan for his skin, which wasn't unnatural in his hometown of Sunnyshore City. William's hair is something standing out, though, making almost anyone stop and stare at his shoulder-length messy black hair with blue and red highlights streaking across it. His hair covers only a bit of his forehead, but covers enough so that people are under the impression that William has a big forehead. William's eyes are deep indigo, making his pupils hardly visible. His nose is a little bit more sharp than it should be, a trait from his mother, and while his lips are normal, his neck is a little bit longer, just like his dad. On his right hand, a scar in the shape of a crescent is just visible to the naked eye. William uses gloves to hide the scar, but always takes them off before going to sleep.

William never really had a taste for fashion, his usual attire being jeans, a T-shirt and running shoes, but he always tries to wear something a bit more different (whether he looks good or bad, he doesn't care) whenever he slips into the Aether Realm. This time, he decided to wear a bright red tank top and a black sleeveless leather jacket over it. William wears dark blue jeans (jeans are only item of pants in his dresser), making him look slightly like a Biker, or at least one with a very poor fashion sense. To top it off, he wears chestnut brown hiking boots. He actually considered wearing his custom top hat, before his mom ripped it in half (Hey, mom! That hat cost me a fortune!). Bleargh. Also, his fingerless gloves are ice blue, and his personal treasure, his blue poketch, is always strapped to his left arm.

Personality: If you asked a person in Sunnyshore City, "What is William's personality described in one word?" one person would say, "Laid-back" ("wait, is that two words?"), and another would say, "Mild". Those two words pretty much sum up his basic personality. He could be sleeping, or just staring out into space, and nobody would notice the difference, which helps out a lot whenever he "shifts' into the Aether realm. He seems to be out of focus most of the time, always having a shortage of words to speak. If somebody asks a long and detailed question, he doesn't have the heart to give a long, detailed answer back. Mostly he says, "Yes" or "No", but when someone makes him angry, he could be quite annoying and whiny, like everyone should feel sad for him, just because he got a little temper tantrum. Other than that, William almost always acts like he doesn't have a care about anything, but his friends know better. They know that he has a kind of alter ego when a conversation about pokémon appears.

Then, William goes nuts, being hyperactive, overreactingly optimistic and extremely, EXTREMELY (I would probably add more "extremely"s but…) happy, and by then, hardly anything can depress his mood. He cannot sit still for more than five seconds, and can be very annoying, like poking someone two hundred times to tapping his foot or even saying, "Are we there yet?" every two seconds. This results in a quick slap in the face most of the time. His enthusiasm with pokémon overwhelms most strangers, who are surprised by his sudden change of personalities. Heck, the change of attitude is still freaking out his friends from grade one. Also, as mentioned before, William has a very poor fashion sense, often being criticized by his friends and (*le gasp*) his teacher, so he often goes back home to change his clothes. Therefore, his only friend that does not mind his rather "unusual" style of clothing is his Umbreon, Ukeita, also known as Uke. Also, he is deathly afraid of drowning, due to a little accident in his past. He has cravings for cherry pie.

History: "Looks like a whole year has passed…ever since that fateful day…"

William's hometown is Sunnyshore City, where the eight and final Gym Leader resides. When William was born, due to a tragic accident during his birth, his mother died, leaving him with his dad and his sister-in-law to take care of him. The sister-in-law was a natural born to be mother, so things got on fairly well in the household, even though it had a lack of a real mother. When William was around seven, he was swimming in the pool at the deep end, (being a fairly good swimmer for his age) when suddenly, William got a cramp on his leg. It was a small cramp which did not last long, but it took enough time to make a small 7 year old drown about 1.5 meters below. His father quickly scooped him out, but William never swam again. After a while, everything was peaceful, and William never was really afraid of drowning, seeing that his parents were very overprotective of him, and wouldn't let him get within 5 kilometers of a swimming pool. Later on, William discovered the joy of cherry pies.

When he was 10, he had a face-to-face encounter with Volkner, the Gym Leader. The Gym Leader suddenly shoved a pokeball into William's hands, and started to walk away. Of course, William was confused about this and chased after Volkner. He followed Volkner and said, "What is this? Is it for me?", and kept following him until, finally, being very annoyed (which Volkner is not known for) , Volkner stood and turned around, and said, "That is an Eevee. Someone told me to give it to you. Now please go away." ("Someone" 's identity will never be revealed. MUHAHAHAHA!!!) He walked away, but William was fixated there, not moving or speaking. He finally pressed the pokeball's button, and out popped, as Volkner said, an Eevee. William carefully held it into his arms, and practically skipped home. An Eevee! He always wanted one, ever since his best friend, Ukeita, got one of his own on his 8th birthday. A few months later, it had finally evolved into an Espeon through his care. Arriving home, William bought it treats, played with it, and almost pampered it, knowing that Eevee evolved into Espeon only when its friendship level was very high. He cared for it with all of his might. Eevee was reluctant at first, getting fed from a complete stranger, but slowly warmed up to him. After 3 months, those two were practically inseperable. In fact, William even named it "Ukeita", just like his best friend.

On his 11th birthday, he went to school, leaving Ukeita at home. At school he was so excited that his aunt-in-law would buy enough cherry pie for both Williams and both Ukeitas, (you know what, I'll call the human William "Bill" and the pokémon Ukeita "Uke" since this is so confusing.) and of course, Ukeita and his Espeon, William, could come over for a sleepover. In fact, Bill was so excited that he didn't pay attention to his teacher in Pokémon Studies, who was covering out of all of the 493 pokémon in the world, Eevee and its evolutions. When the bell rang for the end of school, Bill sped out of the school, dragging Ukeita along with him. At Bill's home they pigged out on cherry pie until they could eat no more, then went to bed at 10:00. Even then, Bill was taking care of Uke, silently wishing that he would evolve soon.

Suddenly, the room flashed, and God fulfilled Bill's wish. Uke was glowing, a sign that it has either learned how to use Synthesis, or is evolving. Bill knew that it was the latter. He quickly shook Ukeita awake. Ukeita woke up in time to see his friend's newly evolved pokémon, which was ...

An Umbreon.

Neither of the two boys moved. Finally, Ukeita slowly got the courage to stand up and pat his friend's shoulder, seeing that he was clearly disappointed.

Looked like he was wrong.

"Awesome! It looks even cooler than an Espeon! What's it's name?" He gave a big bear hug to Uke, who smiled in return. "Its name is Umbreon…didn't you listen to your teacher today?" Ukeita yelled, but Bill was too busy hopping around on his feet to notice him. Finally, he stopped due to his mother coming up to see what the commotion was about, yelling, a bit of a shocked silence, and more yelling. The time was 2 am when Bill and Ukeita finally settled down. Uke and Bill were too happy to sleep, but managed to, anyway. After that experience, those two were really inseparable, like needle and thread.

4 years later, when William had turned 15 (since the other William and Ukeita are gone now, I'll just call them William and Ukeita), he was as happy as a normal pokémon wielding 15 year old could be. He was sitting on a bench at a park, for his daily staring-into-nothing-hours. Then, he felt a lurch in his belly, and Uke came out of his pokeball. "Uke, you came out? That's weird…I don't think that I pressed the button your pokeball…" Uke was also confused along with its trainer. Suddenly, Bill felt pain all over, like a thousand hot needles had just stabbed him now. He almost expected blood to trickle out. Suddenly, the trees, the grass, the people and the fresh breeze all melted away, instantly turning into a completely different world. Then, as soon as he saw it, it vanished, leaving him to stare at the trees again. Later, he found out that the place was called the Aether Realm and that Ukeita was a Catalyst, a pokémon that can allow people like him to freely enter and leave the Aether Realm. Completely fascinated by it, he travels almost every day now.

RP Sample: "...and that's how you do that! Great job, Chimchar!" Granite exclaimed, proud to be Chimchar's partner. "Return!" He called out, holding Chimchar's pokeball.

"Chimm-Chimchar!" Chimchar cried as he was sucked into the pokeball.

Granite replaced the pokeball on his belt, and looked for the nearest pokemart. It didn't take him too long.

"Ah-ha! That blue roof's unmistakable! That must be the pokemart!" Granite said, excitedly. He ran and ran to the blue-roofed building...

...Until he heard a thunk.

Granite stopped abruptly, and searched himself everywhere, only to find that his pokeball for Chimchar was gone.

"AGH! Chimchar! Where are you?" He frantically searched for Chimchar's pokeball, and saw it rolling towards a big crowd, right underneath a kid's foot that was convenientley raised up, and ready to stomp down, hard.

Granite ran as fast as he could to the pokeball, and lunged for it. Luckily, he had caught the pokeball with his hand. Unluckily, the kid stomped down on Granite's hand.

"AGH-oww..." Granite moaned. The kid turned around, and saw Granite under his foot. "Oh! I'm sorry! I didn't know you were under my foot! Boy, have I got questions for you! Who are you? Where are you from? Are you a beginning trainer? What's your pokemon? Why did you go under my foot? Oh, is that your pokemon's pokeball you're clutching right now? Then it's lucky you dove for the pokeball! Wait, your hand is pretty damaged from that smash I gave you! So it's lucky and unlucky that you dove for the pokeball! Oh yeah..."

Granite could only watch as the boy asked an amazing amount of questions that would even make a Slowpoke scream at him. Finally, Granite lost his patience.

Okay, I'm not gonna answer all of your questions. I'm just telling you that my name is Granite. One question, though. Why is there a big crowd over here?

"Oh, that's just some guy boasting about capturing some rare pokemon. The poor pokemon…"

Granite pushed past him, and saw a horrible sight. There was a fat guy holding a poor Burmy, all scratched up and hurt, but the guy was holding it up like it was a treasure chest.

"Ha ha, look what I caught! This small nitwit is perfect for my lunch!" the Burmy screamed and tried to get free, but the guy held him tight. "Hold still! You're my only lunch!"

"HEY! Don't bully that guy! He deserves to be respected!" Everyone turned around to see Granite shouting at the person.

The person stalked up to him and said, "Hey, why are you so protective of one stupid Burmy? There are loads of Burmy around the place! The world is filled with them! Killing one won't hurt." He picked up the Burmy, and dangled it over his mouth, like he was about to eat it now. Burmy frantically squirmed around, trying to get free.

"YOU STOP THAT RIGHT NOW, YOU LOSER! I'M GONNA KICK YOUR ASS!" Granite shouted. The fat boy startled, surprised. His grip around Burmy loosened. The burmy dropped to the ground, and scampered off into the woods.

"YOU…" the boy punched Granite. "That was my lunch, stupid! Now I have to skip a meal because of you!"

"Well good for you! You needed to go on a diet anyways, FATSO!" Granite shouted.

"What did you call me?"

"A fatso. What, do you need a hearing aid?"

"Shut up!"

"Be more creative when you shout out insults, you walrus!"

"Carrot!"

"How am I a carrot, you harmless elephant?"

"Because you are short, horrible, and red all over!"

"How am I red all over! If you're so tough, how about we have a match?"

"That sounds good. Go, Machop!"

"I choose you, Chimchar!"

Both sides called out their pokemon. The tension was held high into the air. Finally…

"Machop, Tackle that stupid monkey!" "Maa-chop!" Machop charged at Chimchar.

"Jump when he gets close to you, then use Ember, followed up by Scratch. Like we practiced." Granite said, coolly.

Chimchar jumped, and spewed a hot spray of fire. Then he scratched at it, making the Scratch what we can only call a "Fire Claw". It missed Machop somehow, but Machop got scorched by the heat. Machop was burned!

Catalyst: Ukeita (Nickname: Uke, pronounced as Ou-keh, named after his best friend, who has an Espeon named William) the Umbreon :3

Last edited:

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • Okay, I am setting the RP to begin next weekend, either saturday or sunday (24/25) New Zealand Standard Time. Others may join if they wish once the RP has started. Depending on how things go in the first week will set the pace for the RP.

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
    Years
  • This seems like an interesting RP. Here's my SU! I hope it's okay. xD

Name: Evangeline Beatrix Palomo

Appearance: Evangeline has long black hair that reaches her lower back. It is slightly wavy, though many days you can't tell. She constantly changes her hair style, but it's usually in a long, thick braid. He bangs are long, and almost cover her brows. She has bright amber brown eyes, and well defined eyebrows that are slightly thicker than most. She is relatively short for her age, standing at about 4'11, and has a smaller than average figure, weighing around 50 kilograms. Most people think she looks younger than her actual age. She isn't very fit, and strenuous exercise exhausts her. She has light tan skin from being outside often, and doesn't burn very easily.

Her clothing style also changes constantly, and enjoys dressing up in fun and silly outfits, such as a hippie, gangster, or Santa Claus. However, her regular attire typically consists of a tank-top patterned with bright polka-dots with various colors ranging from red to purple, white shorts that reach her knees, striped rainbow socks, and brown loafers. She also wears a denim jacket with extra long sleeves, that she rolls up so she can use her hands. She usually wears dangly Tamato Berry earrings, and a purple bead necklace.

Personality: Evangeline is a very eccentric girl. Besides her changing clothing styles, she also acts differently than most of the people she knows. She tends to talk slower than most people, and occasionally mouthes out the sentence before she says it. It isn't because she is slow, but because she wants to make sure that what she is saying will make sence. She also makes many hand gestures to get her point across.

She is usually quiet and spacey if you aren't talking to her, but if you do interact with her she's very willing to speak and say everything that's on her mind. She spends a lot of her time just sitting around thinking about various things, that most people don't really think about too much. She also has a very vivid imagination and likes to draw pictures or write stories. She is very mature, yet has childish tastes.

She isn't antisocial, but she prefers not to be around too many people. Even in a group of friends, she will tend to stay to herself much of the time, unless someone is interacting directly with her. However, she would occasionally join in on a conversation if she thinks she has something to add. This tends to scare some people because they forgot that she is there.

History: When Evangeline was born, she was like every other child. However, as she grew older, her mannerisms began to stand out. During elementary school, the other kids began to tease her because she was weird, but she didn't mind it that much. She also had a lot of friends that she got along with, so it was fine. Around middle school, people began to ignore her. They wouldn't even call her weird except for when she wasn't around. They just didn't want to associate themselves with her, because they didn't want to ruin their reputation. Her parents noticed she wasn't as happy as she used to be, so they gave her an Egg they had received from an old friend who worked with Pokemon. She perked up almost immediately. She had always wanted a Pokemon of her own. Everyday she would secretly bring the Egg with her to school in her backpack and wrapped it in blankets to keep it warm. When the Egg hatched into a Girafarig, it was still in the middle of class, and everyone focused their attention on it. She got in trouble for bringing a Pokemon to school, but she was so happy that she didn't mind.

At age 15, her life was pretty good. She had made some new friends, and didn't mind that she was still shunned by quite a few people, since she had learned to enjoy her time alone or with her Girafarig, Racecar. One day, however, her life changed forever. She was eating lunch with a few friends, when suddenly her body began to tingle. It was an unusual sensation to say the least. Her body felt as if it was being pushed in from all sides at various different points. She quickly began to wonder what was happening, when she noticed she wasn't in the courtyard anymore. She was in some other place, gray and hazy, as if in a dream. She instinctually grabbed for her Pokeball, but surprisingly it was empty. She looked around and saw Racecar standing there, looking as surprised as she was. She began to ask what was happening, when she realized that she couldn't hear herself talk. She tried again, yet she couldn't seem to hear anything. She looked at Racecar, who nodded his head as if he understood how she felt. She looked around some more, since she was curious to what this place was.

However, as suddenly as she got there, she got another strange sensation, different than the one before, yet similar enough to know they were related. Everything seemed to turn back to normal, yet she wasn't at the school courtyard anymore. She was outside of the school entrance, and now everyone seemed to be going home. When her friends asked her where she was, she thought for a moment, then told them she was at the nurse's office because she wasn't feeling well. She continued to keep her journeys to the Aether Realm a secret. She often went back to explore, enjoying the different things to see, and the time spent with Racecar.

RP Sample: Elena grinned widely, giddy with excitement. After hearing Arches stories, she definitely was pumped to be going on an adventure of her own. After parting with her parents, she walked towards the exit to Gateon Port. After a short while, however, the road ended. There was no route or trail signaling where to go, there was just a sign pointing off into the distance. Confused, she examined the sign. It was rather vague and the letters were faded but she could read the name of one town. "Agate Village." She recognized the name from Archer's stories. It was were many trainers go to retire, and many still like to battle. "Alright, I'll go to Agate then!" She happily marched eastward, in the vague direction the sign was pointed towards.

After a couple hours of walking, Elena came to a realization. She was lost. Agate Village was in a forested area, and she had been walking through the desert for a while now. Also, there weren't any trainers around that she could ask for directions or fight. There weren't any Pokemon either. "There's no signs of life in this wasteland..." She sighed, exhausted from all of the walking. This isn't what Archer had described. Then again, he was from Johto, not from Orre.

Suddenly, she heard a noise. Her head perked up. "Could it be?" She asked hopefully. Her eyes scanned the desert and she saw an oaisis up ahead. Inside the oasis, was a small Pokemon eating some food. "Yes!" She shouted with glee as she neared the Pokemon, which was a Hoppip. "Go Swift!" She threw the Poke ball, and the Gligar emerged. "Gar!" He cried out happily. The Hoppip looked up at them, startled.

"Alright, my first Pokemon battle." Elena thought. "What moves did Archer say Swift knows again?" While she was pondering, the Hoppip began to attack. It tackled Swift, who was still waiting for an order. "Uh, wait, Swift use Poison Sting!"

"Gligar!" He swooped down and jabbed the Hoppip with his stinger. The Hoppip cringed as it was attacked. The attack seemed to do a decent amount of damage.

"Good job, Swift!" She called. "Now, use Sand Attack!" Instead of using Sand Attack, he didn't respond, and the Hoppip attacked him again. "I said, Sand Attack!" She shouted louder, thinking he hadn't heard her. However, he still didn't use the move, and hardened instead, while the Hoppip continued to Tackle him.

Elena grew frustrated. "Why aren't you listening to me?" She tried remembering what Archer had told her. "Since I just got him, he won't obey me until he gets used to me, and I earn his respect." She thought. "We need to win this fight." She clenched her hands into fists and looked at the two Pokemon. "Swift, use Poison Sting!"

"Gligar!" Swift obeyed and used his stinger to attack the Hoppip. The Hoppip fell back in pain. It looked weak, and it's health seemed to be draining away.

"Great! Now finish him off!" She pumped her fist in the air out of excitement. "Another Poison sting should do the job!"

He seemed to nod in agreement and swooped down to deliver the finishing blow. The Hoppip cried out, then fainted on the ground, out of health.

"Alright!" Both Elena and Swift seemed to jump up in excitement. "Now, we should go and find a-" She stopped in realization. "...We're still lost."

Catalyst: Racecar the Girafarig

Last edited:

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • ^
    looks good, the appearance is a little short but acceptable, you are accepted but it would be good if you could lengthen it a bit please.

EDIT: will complete my history then pos the first post within the week. happy RPing. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back