• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

food and diet

Years
  • It's rather bad.
    I've started exercising and I hope to rectify my diet.
    I don't see a point in calorie counting, it's the cholesterol you have to worry about. It builds up in your arteries.

Years
  • I.. eat a lot of sodium...

I put salt, soy sauce or fish sauce on almost everything. :') I also eat a lot of rice, bread, pasta, and things like that. But sometimes, I eat something more 'dense', like chicken or a hamburger. And I don't really count calories because I'm not struggling with my weight, but I do try not to eat too many 'simple carbs' alone, as much as I love them.. because I know it's unhealthy, so I try to balance it with a veggie to make it more nutritious.

Years
  • i've been eating pretty well for the most part! quite conscious of sugar and sodium levels. i used to really like sweets and even though i controlled myself fairly well i still swapped over to at least 75-80% cocoa dark chocolate, which has way less sugar (the bars i get have 2-8g sugar per entire bar depending on cocoa percentage, and i eat no more than half a day). it's bitter but i enjoy bitter things and it satisfies my chocolate cravings well since it's still a chocolate bar lol. the udon noodles i eat as my main meal have no sugar or sodium. i also enjoy whole grain oatmeal, fruit, and fish!

i refuse to eat anything with trans fat too. pretty conscious of what i eat, and i tend to always check labels!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I don't pay too much attention to ingredients when eating. I am vegetarian, however, and have been for the last few years. I do try to eat plenty of fruits and vegetables as well as protein-rich foods. I definitely eat an abundance of carbohydrates and dairy. Pasta in particular is something I consume way too much of.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    food and diet

This is my usual meal plan.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I eat a bit healthy when I can afford it - spinach, artichokes, asparagus, bok choy, scallions
    fresh fish or fresh meat
    and the tasty but super expensive ice cream brand Talenti

once a day or every other day, I'll enjoy some spicy Korean noodles with an added can of tuna

most of the time, you can say mostly unhealthy - what ever I can find on offer and or on sale or reduced price for quick sale - lots of cheap peanut butter, rice, cup of noodles, sauces, canned foods

I'm not the picky eater, willing try out almost everything once, I don't pay attention to calories or carbs in any way
    (not willing to try out balut, cazu marzu, or sannakji)

AvaMetcal

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    It's rather bad.
    I've started exercising and I hope to rectify my diet.
    I don't see a point in calorie counting, it's the cholesterol you have to worry about. It builds up in your arteries.

I've tried the keto diet but it's too difficult for me ... I do not exclude the fact that maybe it was me who did not understand how it is right to build such menus and the other stuff. I made up for it using a new modernfit.com program where I have already was provided with the plan of nutrition, workouts, some staff for relaxation and meditation. But you can choose anything you want there. I took all the advantages from it because the program is not free, but at the same time, it's not very expensive.

Last edited:

LadyLurantis940

The Bug-type Impostor
    Years
  • I don't worry too much about my weight, because I'm rather skinny just from genetics, but I do make sure I'm always healthy. I also exercise with my two sports, matsubayashi-ryu karate (open, with regulations), and swimming (closed.)

Years
  • I went a little overboard with eating during the beginning of quarantine, but then I realized I need to lose weight, so I started dieting...last Wednesday. I don't count calories. I just walk more and consume smaller portions and watch what I eat. This is also an attempt to be healthier too.

Years
    • Online now
    No diet, I eat completely sporadically.

I cut caffeine completely though. It just makes me anxious for some reason and I'm at the point I just find soda's gross to drink.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I have never counted calories. For a while I wanted to gain weight so I could go from underweight to a healthy BMI but I'm in an OK spot at the moment so I haven't tried eating more lately. I would say I eat pretty healthy - hardly any processed foods/ snacks, no fried or overly oily food, no drinks other than water and sometimes soy milk etc. I only eat more questionably when I'm out with friends but at home I eat very clean. I also don't eat dairy or wheat but only because they both are major triggers for my reflux, otherwise I'd have those regularly. I think reflux is a curse sometimes but if there's one thing I'm grateful for it makes me a lot more conscious of how healthy my food choices are! I have been snacking too much for my own liking but even then its just eating too much fruit etc. as opposed to say ice cream or less healthy treats :p

Years
  • My meals are usually pasta and rice based, with meats, fish and vegetables making an appearance often. I love cous cous though and have been trying to incorporate it into my diet more and more in the last year or so! As for sweet stuff, I usually have one 'treat' a day for dessert in the evening, whether it be a slice of cake, or anything my Mum has baked haha. Overall, I'd say my diet is pretty balanced :)

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I'm pretty easy going with foods, but it helps that I just generally love love love veggies and fruits! I don't need to be coerced into eating steamed broccoli or spinach or brussels sprouts cause I find them all delicious. In fact, I think the most remarkable thing I've changed in my diet is starting a vegetable garden and harvesting my own zucchini, peppers, tomatoes, and cucumber. A nice garden salad is my jam.

Buuuuut I'm also a sucker for sweets, so that usually does me in, haha.

Pokelovv

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2020
    I eat everything. I think if you want something to eat you can do it but in a small amount (if it's junk food)

Years
  • I eat healthy foods so I'm not sure what I call my eating style and I drink lots of water. I stay away from sweets, process and frozen foods, dairy products, coffee, energy drinks, soda drinks and juice products. Since when growing up I drank or ate those products a lot later after I graduated school I got really sick so gave it up cold turkey. It's now been 7 years and I don't miss them plus I'm more healthier now and lost weight as well. I cook what I eat and improving on my cooking skills.

Inky

:pleading_face:
    Years
    • he / him
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Usually i eat food currently a little less than usual

Years
  • My diet largely consists of grains, veggies, and dairy. I personally don't enjoy consuming much meat, unless it can be prepared medium rare/rare, otherwise I just seem to have some issues with it. (I do however, really enjoy wild game birds.) I also adore eating fish/sea life, which is fairly easy to get where I am, and I also love sushi/sashimi specifically. Though cooked squid and octopus is also really enjoyable!

I find that I don't eat too much fruit, unless it's spring, and I'm trying to make the attempt to change that.

Outside of that I do find the one bad habit I really have is consuming a boat load of chocolate, however...I'm fine with it being my one vice honestly.

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
    Years
  • I have horrible eating habits, i just whatever whenever i want pretty much. i get like, fast food everyday i work, i eat a lot of junk food. Im sometimes amazed im not bigger in weight.

Back